1175 users online (221 members and 954 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 60
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,256

    Bill O'Reilly War Stories Under Scrutiny

    Bill O'Reilly Has His Own Brian Williams Problem

    The Fox News host has said he was in a "war zone" that apparently no American correspondent reached.

    http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-falklands-war



    "Fox News host Bill O’Reilly angrily denounced a Mother Jones report on Thursday questioning his statements regarding his reporting during the Falklands War in 1982.

    “It’s a hit piece,” O’Reilly told Politico. “Everything I said about what I reported in South and Central America is true. Everything.”

    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/b...nes-heres-why/



    TALKING POINTS MEMO
    2-20-15

    "This man ... 56-year-old David Corn ... who works for the far left magazine ... Mother Jones ... smeared me, your humble correspondent, yesterday ... saying I had fabricated some war reporting.

    Mother Jones ... which has low circulation ... considered by many the bottom rung of journalism in America.

    however ... in this Internet age ... the defamation they put forth ... gets exposure.

    and so I have to deal with this garbage tonight. I’m sorry.

    basically David Corn ... a liar ... says that I exaggerated situations in the Falklands War ... and Salvadoran War."


    http://nation.foxnews.com/2015/02/20...tonight-8pm-et



    Bill O'Reilly vs Mother Jones

    http://video.foxnews.com/v/407501653...#sp=show-clips
    Last edited by Blondie in Spokane; 02-23-2015 at 03:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,256
    Cameraman Bill O'Reilly claims was injured in Argentina riots REFUSES to speak as seven former CBS staffers come forward to discredit Fox host's 'war zone' reporting

    Left-leaning Mother Jones magazine published an article last week, claiming O'Reilly elaborated his experiences in 'war zones'

    Seven people who were dispatched with O'Reilly to cover the Falklands War in Argentina have now spoken out to discredit Fox host's account

    One man who is not speaking up is O'Reilly's then-cameraman, who O'Reilly says was injured in riots

    All of the CBS staffers who spoke to CNN say they don't recall a cameraman getting injured


    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reporting.html

  3. #3
    Here's the one that was posted on the other thread:

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...ing/?tid=hp_mm

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,667
    This is not at all like Brian Williams but I will be watching.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

    All my posts are my opinion only.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Lies are lies no matter the liar.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,667
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Lies are lies no matter the liar.
    Ill wait to see the whole thing play out but he is not a NEW guy. If he lied that stinks but I am not seeing the for sure right now. He is an opinion host, Not a news reporter. So the standard for truth in reporting is not the same.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

    All my posts are my opinion only.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    In a way, it's impossible to win a debate with O'Reilly because he is not bound by reality.
    lolol #sadbuttruebutfunny

    (from last MJ link above)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    30,165
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    Ill wait to see the whole thing play out but he is not a NEW guy. If he lied that stinks but I am not seeing the for sure right now. He is an opinion host, Not a news reporter. So the standard for truth in reporting is not the same.
    He made these claims regarding a time when he was a reporter for CBS News. Besides, the standard of truth does not vary.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    933

    Lmao!

    Interesting! Journalists firing jabs at other journalists! Is it a war zone? Or rather, was it really a war zone? I suppose it depends upon what the definition of was was. Someone please pass the popcorn.

    I shall risk an opinion: The Mother Jones coverage is excellent and the videos given are funny in their context: Proof and laughter all at once. It doesn't get much better. The idea of O'Reilly judging the journalistic chops of Mother Jones is absurd. The idea of mass interest in any media source being a standard of journalism is laughable at best. As Mencken said: "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." Fox proves that over and over.


  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by daisytrail View Post
    Interesting! Journalists firing jabs at other journalists! Is it a war zone? Or rather, was it really a war zone? I suppose it depends upon what the definition of was was. Someone please pass the popcorn.

    I shall risk an opinion: The Mother Jones coverage is excellent and the videos given are funny in their context: Proof and laughter all at once. It doesn't get much better. The idea of O'Reilly judging the journalistic chops of Mother Jones is absurd. The idea of mass interest in any media source being a standard of journalism is laughable at best. As Mencken said: "No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public." Fox proves that over and over.
    All news programs prove that over and over again--not just Fox

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by SStarr33 View Post
    All news programs prove that over and over again--not just Fox
    Actually, I find NPR pretty reliable. It has been rated by various fact-checking sites as highly accurate, and it seems to avoid some of the temptations of more visual media. I certainly don't think all news sources are created equal. I don't judge the quality of journalism by political stance. An adherence to facts rather than opinion and good writing impress me. This not to say that the political can be avoided altogether. It is impossible to avoid the political. However, many people get entertainment mixed up with news. Even regular readers of newspapers often don't know the difference between commentary and a news article. It is so sad that critical thinking is not taught in high school. If it was, the wheat could be separated from the chaff more easily.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by daisytrail View Post
    Actually, I find NPR pretty reliable. It has been rated by various fact-checking sites as highly accurate, and it seems to avoid some of the temptations of more visual media. I certainly don't think all news sources are created equal. I don't judge the quality of journalism by political stance. An adherence to facts rather than opinion and good writing impress me. This not to say that the political can be avoided altogether. It is impossible to avoid the political. However, many people get entertainment mixed up with news. Even regular readers of newspapers often don't know the difference between commentary and a news article. It is so sad that critical thinking is not taught in high school. If it was, the wheat could be separated from the chaff more easily.

    IMO, NPR is FOS too.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    933
    Quote Originally Posted by SStarr33 View Post
    IMO, NPR is FOS too.
    Thank you for replying. However, I am not sure what FOS means. I went online and looked through a list of acronyms. Somehow Factory Outlet Store does not quite make sense. Would you be so kind as to elaborate?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,249
    I think it means "Full Of S%$#@"
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Geraldo on Bill O'Reilly Tonite
    By kathyn2 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-11-2008, 07:59 AM