LA - Murrain Hawkins, 13, fatally shot while babysitting, Baton Rouge, 21 Feb 2015

daisy7

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
A Baton Rouge man was working on his handgun Saturday night when it accidentally discharged, killing a 13-year-old boy who was baby-sitting his kids.

The incident began when 25-year-old Adonis Forbes was out celebrating an anniversary with his wife. The couple decided to check on their kids at about 9 p.m. before heading out again, said Cpl. L’Jean McKneely, a Baton Rouge police spokesman.

While they were at their house at 2014 Tennessee St., Forbes decided to check on his gun and found it was malfunctioning — and while trying to fix it, the gun fired, McKneely said.

(snip)

Forbes was questioned and ultimately booked into Parish Prison on a count of negligent homicide. His bail was set at $10,000.

(snip)

http://theadvocate.com/news/police/11668741-123/accidental-shooting-kills-juvenile

RIP, Murrain :sigh:

I'm not a gun owner, but how do you check to see if your gun works? Why would anyone do this around kids?!!

I'm not a gun owner, but how do you check to see if your gun works? Why would anyone do this around kids?!!
My husband understands how guns work. I just read the news article to him and he said, "No. He's going to jail."

and IRRESPONSIBILITY. hey, Americans - take some. Grrrr....

I'll bet there is more to this story. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the norm for him to carry a gun. Interesting Facebook btw.

I think what was involved was a 13 year old child who doesn't even understand life and he took advantage of her. She threatened to tell his wife and he shot her. That is my speculation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back