GA GA - Hannah Truelove, 16, Gainesville, 24 August 2012

mysticrose

The key to change... is to let go of fear
Reaction score
Cops: Body found at Lake Lanier is missing teen

A body found Friday night on the shore of Lake Lanier was identified Saturday as that of a missing 16-year-old Gainesville High School student, authorities said.
Authorities said the death of Hannah Truelove is under investigation. They have ruled out drowning.

"It's still being treated as a suspicious death," said Sgt. Stephen Wilbanks of the Hall County Sheriff's Office said Saturday. He said authorities were interviewing family and canvasing the neighborhood to question others.

According to Channel 2 Action News, the teen's recent tweets on Twitter.com complained about living at the Lake Lanier Club Apartments and about a stalker

http://www.ajc.com/news/cops-body-found-at-1505924.html

How sad. :rose:

What a beautiful young lady. This is frightening. Hearing about her final tweets makes it seem like she did have a stalker. R.I. P. Sweet Girl. I am so sorry.

Why describe her as "at risk" but then refuse to say more?

Authorities say they are investigating the death of a Gainesville teen whose body was found in the woods behind her apartment complex as a homicide.

PICTURES: Ga. teen found dead

Sgt. Kiley Sargent with the Hall County Sheriff's Department said police are investigating the death as a homicide, due to discoveries that 16-year-old Hannah received injuries that "were indicative that she died from a violent death."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ice-investigate-ga-teens-death-as-a-homicide/

http://www.ajc.com/news/police-hall-county-teens-1507515.html

In a Monday afternoon press conference, Major Woodrow Tripp said 16-year-old Hannah Truelove was "violently killed."

Detectives with the Hall County Sheriff's office spent all weekend fielding phone calls and e-mails from people with potential tips about the death of 16-year-old Hannah Truelove. And according to detectives, several "persons of interest" have been identified.

Some witnesses said they say Truelove on Thursday night around 7:00 p.m. or 7:30 p.m. in the parking lot near the woods where she was found.

A man visiting his grandchildren at the complex found Truelove's body as he was walking along a trail in the woods. He said he has been questioned and released by the police, and was told not to release any information about what he saw.
http://www.11alive.com/news/article/253809/1/Clues-sought-in-suspicious-death-of-Hannah-Truelove

video at link I just posted said there were witnesses that saw her with someone... several POIs... some they have interviewed and some "they are looking for"

GBI must have pulled her tweets, the one about the stalker and others are not visible, prior to August 19th. Initially they were. It seems not even her closest friends knew she had a stalker or was afraid of someone?

So senseless ... Prayers for her family~

Quickly glanced at her tweets... wonder if there is any chance she might have been pregnant and if that may have been a motive?

ETA: She also appears to have been upset over a bad relationship that ended.

"Sgt. Stephen Wilbanks of the Hall County Sheriff's Office said they do not believe the general public has any cause for alarm, as it does not appear Truelove was the victim of a stranger."

http://www.11alive.com/rss/article/253809/3/Truelove-to-be-buried-on-Wednesday-killer-still-unknown

If she was upset over a bad relationship that ended, it leads me to believe that perhaps this ex-boyfriend was the 'stalker', which would also tie in with both the violence of her death (potentially a crime of passion), and LE's belief that she knew her attacker.

I also believe that she may not have thought the 'stalker' was as serious as she thought, especially (if this is the same person that killed her) as the police have said it does not appear she was forced into the woods, and may have gone there of her own free will.

Rest in peace, Hannah. Such a tragedy.

As far as cause of death, Tripp said it's something they're keeping investigatively close.

"I know as strange as this may sound, there are literally people, and this has been throughout the course of modern American history, that actually confess to crimes they haven't committed. One of the ways that helps us is when they're confessing and they're giving us a manner of death and in fact, it's not what occurred, it certainly helps us to weed those out," Tripp said.

He said investigators have received plenty of tips and information in the Truelove murder. While he said that's a good thing, the challenge is that much of that information ends up being irrelevant to the investigation. That's where the element of time comes in.

"We can't discount it. We have to investigate it, explore it and determine if in fact it's valid or not. There's a lot that we wade through. It's kind of like looking for that needle in the haystack."

http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=252285

I also believe that she may not have thought the 'stalker' was as serious as she thought

Just wanted to clarify that I obviously meant to say "I also believe the stalker was more serious than she thought".

Always best to proof read before posting...

I really hope the police have a lot more to go on than the information they have released. Not enough of the cases I've followed closely here have been solved, for once it would be nice to know that someone is actually put behind bars for their crime. It makes me so angry when I know people are just wandering around freely after committing crimes such as the ones we investigate here.

It's good to hear that LE are receiving lots of tips on the tip line, I hope the majority are actually legitimate tips that are helping them move closer to an arrest.

'Who could do that to someone?' Father of 16-year-old found dead in woods after
tweeting about 'stalker' speaks out as police launch hunt for car connected to killing

• Hannah Truelove was reported missing on a Thursday night by her mother
• Detectives said she suffered a violent death and believe she knew her killer
• They have identified a vehicle they believe may be connected to the crime
• Her father Jeff said the 16-year-old 'made no mention' of being in danger, but thinks someone on her school bus may have been involved
the story at Daily Mail link above

(CBS/AP) GAINESVILLE, Ga. - Police are searching for a vehicle in the death of 16-year-old Georgia girl Hannah Truelove, whose body was found in the woods behind her apartment complex.

The vehicle is a late 1990s to early 2000s four-door passenger car, possibly a Chevrolet or Dodge, that may have been in the area of the Lake Lanier Club Apartments on the evening of Aug. 23, when the Gainesville teen was reported missing, according to CBS affiliate WGCL. It is light silver in color, with substantial front end damage and a driver's door that is either white or a lighter shade of silver.

According to the station, investigators believe the occupants of the vehicle may have important information that will aid the investigation. Police also believe Truelove knew her attacker.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...seek-suspect-vehicle-in-georgia-teens-murder/

Dad on NG tonight stated that she had been badly scratched all about the face which led dad to believe that possibly a female is involved in the murder..

Imo the initial stalker issue is likely to not be the avenue that most originally believed it to be..as in the way the teens talk, and tweet, and such imo i thinks its likely shes talking about like someone trolling on her twitter..or stalking her facebook..they very much are regular terms that teenagers seem to use these days when talkiing about seeing that maybe some girl they dont like..they see her following her twitter and therefor would say something like "ive got this uglyazz stalker"..which initially looked and very well could have been a lead indicative to something with more meaning..but imo from reading her tweets I really dont think that "stalker" is meant in the way many believed it was..

I strongly believe there to beindicators that she was tweeting that she was pregnant or thought there was a great possibility she was pregnant..way to many tummy and back aches..sprinkled in with tweets to a recent ex saying"so you think we *advertiser censored**d up dont you?"...like oops pregnant..he of course sees it as a not so good thing she seea it differently..just kinda what i read into it..

But then tonight after hearing dad make the flat out suggestion of his believeing a female was actually involved in the murder...and specifically remarked about the obvious horrendous way in which Hannah's beautiful face had been basically mawled..well imo it just put a whole new twist, or added layer onto things..so im not sure what to think now..

And the car is being really talked up as a big break..i sure hope it delivers the answers of who did this..LE feel confident not random, she knew her murderer for certain and even stated that Hannah actually appeared to have gone into that area of woods behind the complex where she was found...they believe she was not forced there..that she willingly went into those woods..

Again just one more thing that for me made me feel this was no stalker that she feared..this was someone she knew and likely to some extent even had or at one time had a level of trust with the person with whom she willingly walked into those woods with..from there from what dad says things turned very extremely violent..bless him..he identified her..and he cried when saying how could someone do what had been done to his little girl..how could someone we capable of that?

And then states he has a belief a female is involved..these are people she knows and imo its very likely to be more than one and imo i feel even 1male 1female which recently seems to be having some type resurgence of male/female tag team murderers..

video at link I just posted said there were witnesses that saw her with someone... several POIs... some they have interviewed and some "they are looking for"

No, none of the witnesses said they saw anyone with Hannah at the picnic table.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back