Lawmaker asks if swallowed camera be used for gyn exam

noZme

Reaction score
Duh!!!!!

Idaho State Rep. Vito Barbieri received a brief lesson on female anatomy after asking if a woman can swallow a small camera for doctors to conduct a remote gynecological exam.

A medical doctor was testifying before the Idaho House State Affairs Committee & said some colonoscopy patients may swallow a small device to give doctors a closer look at parts of their colon.

"Can this same procedure then be done in a pregnancy? Swallowing a camera and helping the doctor determine what the situation is?" Barbieri asked.
Madsen replied that would be impossible because swallowed pills do not end up in the vagina.
"Fascinating. That makes sense," Barbieri said, amid the crowd's laughter.

Later Barbieri said he was just making a point
I think he did indeed make a point. About stupidity.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_IDAHO_MEDICAL_ABORTIONS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I love the doctor's response! A swallowed pill doesn't end up in one's vagina. Hahahahaha!

:facepalm: There are just no words for this level of ignorance in an elected official. :banghead::doh:

That's almost as bad as worrying that Guam is going to tip over.

Also about as intelligent as saying that a woman's body is capable of preventing a pregnancy in the case of a "real" rape.

Does this guy even know how pregnancy occurs?? What an idiotic thing to say-- and his backpeddling explanation to the press was even more idiotic.

I have to hand it to the doc who was testifying-- she held it together pretty well.

And you know what's REALLY scary? This guy sits on the board of directors of a crisis pregnancy center.

But I have to share a similar funny OR story, from when I was a new anesthetist. The patient was asleep, and I was intubating, while the surgeon was simultaneously doing a vaginal speculum exam on the woman patient at the other end of the OR table. The doc called out my name, and said "Will you be done soon? I can't see a thing in here with your light in my eyes!" (From my laryngoscope!) :laughing:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back