1061 users online (237 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC - Asia, 22, & Ashton Brown, 2, found dead in burned car, Greensboro, 20 Feb 2015

http://www.news-record.com/news/woma...09f94bf48.html

Police responded about 3:30 p.m. Monday to reports of the remains of two people being found in a burned car on Thurston Avenue.

Investigators believe the remains are those of Asia Larose Brown, 22, and her 2-year-old son Ashton Paul Brown, of 1208 E. Orchard St. The two were last seen Friday and reported missing around 6:45 p.m. Sunday by Asia Brown’s co-worker, according to police spokeswoman Susan Danielsen...

The positions of the bodies within the vehicle were “consistent with a homicide,” Danielsen said. “We interviewed people of interest Sunday. We have no solid suspects at this point.”

A very young mother with a 2 year old has to be reported missing by a
    co-worker? I know all families are not sugar and sweetness with each other but still . . . . Maybe this co-worker was 'family' for this poor lady. RIP Asia and
    Ashton.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    This came on my news a few hours ago. How awful. Just disgustingly awful. That's really all I can say regarding that.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/...icle/23943693/

Police said the car was found Monday afternoon by two city employees.

Thurston Avenue dead ends into a wooded area that is owned by the City of Greensboro and used as a water and sewer right-of-way. It is a remote area that isn't easy to access...

"Right now, what we are really looking for is anyone who could have been in this area Friday, Saturday or Sunday because this could have been anytime in that period," said Captain Richey.

Three days since OkieGranny posted and I cannot find any new MSM info about the deaths of this mother and child. I hope I just overlooked it.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/...-car/24019723/

Such a sad story. Who would do this to a mother and her toddler??

Why does mom and child burned by the side road sound familiar to me? Only could've seen it here on WS, as I wouldn't have otherwise, may have seen it looking for Jessica Chambers thread?

I think there was a case like this not too long ago. I cannot place it. But there seems to be an uptick in burning cars after or during a murder. There was the case in Dallas in January of the mom and toddler found dead in a field off a main road. Their car was not burned.

http://www.news-record.com/news/loca...69c4b2bee.html

Investigators want to know where Asia Brown was the week before she disappeared, and are looking for tips from people who may have seen or talked to her in the days before she and her child were found dead in a decimated car beside the creek...

“We’re trying to build up facts about Miss Brown’s life,” Richey said, “looking for any clues possible to clear this heinous crime”...

Police have not disclosed what kind of car Brown was found in, or who owns it. They also believe they know how the fire started, but are waiting on forensics confirmation to support their belief, Richey said. A Greensboro firefighter and a crime scene investigator were hospitalized after being exposed to vapors from the burned car on Feb. 25.
    http://www.news-record.com/news/crim...7d6a81956.html

Charles Veasey, who described himself as a friend of Brown’s, said that Brown had been working as a security guard and had her son in day care. “She was always really, really tight about going to work,” Veasey, 25, said. “She was always like, ‘I got to go to work, I got to go to work.’”

He also described her as a doting mother. “She loved her son, she was all about Ashton. Ashton was spoiled,” he said. “You should have seen him at Christmas. Ashton loved Mickey Mouse. He had Mickey Mouse everything, from toys, covers, clothes... I don’t know who could have done this, what would have been their intention, what would have been their motive. It just doesn’t make sense.”

http://www.news-record.com/news/loca...fe368f051.html

According to Bell, Brown drove a white Nissan Altima.

Police spokeswoman Susan Danielsen confirmed Wednesday that the car Brown and her son were found in wasn’t an Altima. Danielsen declined to identify the make and model. Photos of the car appear to show a Buick LaCrosse...

The Browns were last seen alive on Feb. 20, according to police. They lived alone in the apartment on Orchard Street, Richey said... Police have not received any 911 calls for domestic issues at Brown’s Orchard Street address, Richey said.

DNA confirms bodies found in burned car are Asia Brown and toddler son
    Tuesday, May 19, 2015 1:35 pm

DNA tests confirmed Tuesday what police suspected for weeks: The bodies found in a burned out Buick Lacrosse on Feb. 23 are that of 22-year-old mother Asia Brown and her 2-year-old son, Ashton.

Autopsies of Asia and Ashton Brown still have not been completed by the N.C. Medical Examiner's Office in Raleigh. However, police said the pair are the victims of homicide, and court documents also state the same.

Since police released that information, Richey said police have received few calls from the public.

"There have been no promising developments," he said.

From July:

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/...boro/30859837/

Newly released documents show the bodies of a Greensboro woman and her son found in her car were so badly burned officials could not figure out how they died...

The medical examiner could not determine whether the victims were alive when the car burned.

Could this case be related to Tyarra Williams? Here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...1#post12387180

I thinks so!

RollTide

Geographically, they are related but I think without finding the other missing lady and having any information regarding motive and manner of death (if Ms. Williams is indeed deceased), it is difficult to say. JMO.