1099 users online (182 members and 917 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Quote Originally Posted by gregjrichards View Post
    Just asked this in the other thread but noticed there is now a Q&A thread. If the telephone conversations have been recorded is that admissible as evidence at the trial of Patricia Welch and any subsequent trials? If anyone knows if you could answer that would be great. Thank you.
    Generally not. The defendants would have had to be warned before such information could be used as evidence in court. It would, however; provide probably cause for a search warrant.

Any evidence that the Welch's council feels was gotten improperly can also be challenged in court, and the judge can rule against it's use by the prosecution.

Microfilm files...

Quote Originally Posted by siriunsun View Post
    Any of the libraries in the metropolitan area should be able to help you with microfish or microfilm documents. You might even be able to cull more interesting information in order to print it. Also, while the Washington Star went out of business in 1981, you still may be able to find and contact any reporter whose contributions catch your interest. The Washington Post, as well. Westfield Wheaton may still have some memorabilia left over from it's days as Wheaton Plaza, and property records of the area surrounding Wheaton Plaza are also still public.
    In regard to microfilm copies of news articles, there are some libraries which are better equipped than others in this regard, such as actually holding microfilm files of various newspapers, but as stated by siriunsun any of the libraries could assist you in locating them. Most libraries have microfilm readers, but not the entire file of films.

One of the best libraries that I have found in the DC metropolitan area is the library on Adelphi Road in Hyattsville, Maryland, just north of highway 410. It has numerous newspaper files on microfilm, including those of the Washington Post and Washington Star. It also has files of the local weekly newspapers of the area.

The problem with searching microfilms is that it is very time consuming and has to be done at the library, cranking through page by page. Be sure to bring your reading glasses! When you find an article of interest, you can (if you are using the right type of reader) enlarge and print out a photo copy for later study.

The Washington Post on-line can be used to assist you in this type of microfilm search. By sorting on your computer, you can get a list of articles of interest which includes date and page number. Also, there are printed catalog books available with index listings of subject which will help in your search for older articles. The Computer searches might go back much further now than they did a few years ago as older articles have been included in the on-line files. I recall being able to get on-line listings back to the 1980's and having to use the published book index for older ones.

The Washington Star had some very good articles on the Lyon Case and followed it closely. Unfortunately, it did go out of business before news articles started to appear on-line, so you will have to do a lot more digging to find those articles. I have typed in some of those by hand for this topic, and have included them in the news articles thread. One of the best articles is the one from the Star by Mary Anne Kuhn.

One thing to keep in mind when searching the old newspaper microfilm files that back in 1975 papers came out with two or even three editions per day and as a result, the same story might appear in successive editions in slightly different form or on a different page. So, when it appears that you are looking at the same day's paper over again, consider the possibility that it was a later edition which might contain a new or different article.

This was true when I was looking for sketches of the TRM to print out. The sketches in some editions or filmings were better than others because of newsprint "bleed-through" or wrinkles, etc. The sketches of TRM seen on the Doenetwork files and other websites came from Microfilm files of the Washington Post and Washnington Star which I copied at the Adelphi Road library.

Quote Originally Posted by simplifymylife2014

"If I am not mistaken, isn't today, February 4, 2015,
    the day that PW goes to court with her attorney regarding
    lying to the grand jury?"

Quote Originally Posted by RichardLewis View Post
    She received a continuance for today's date. It is rescheduled for April 27, 2015 at 1:30pm.
    Update: The alleged perjuring Patricia Welch was supposed to have her day in court this coming Monday, April 27, 2015. Not too much of a surprise that her wily lawyer Mr. Pilgreen has cleverly maneuvered to kick the can down the road until 6/29/2015. Just like death and taxes, her day is coming. Just get on with it already, Pat.
    Last edited by RichardLewis; 04-24-2015 at 09:12 AM.

Where did you get this info from?
    Update: The alleged perjuring Patricia Welch was supposed to have her day in court this coming Monday, April 27, 2015. Not too much of a surprise that her wily lawyer Mr. Pilgreen has cleverly maneuvered to kick the can down the road until 6/29/2015. Just like death and taxes, her day is coming. Just get on with it already, Pat.
    Quote Originally Posted by simplifymylife2014

"If I am not mistaken, isn't today, February 4, 2015,
    the day that PW goes to court with her attorney regarding
    lying to the grand jury?"

Quote Originally Posted by AAWJ View Post
    Where did you get this info from?

Probably from the Commonwealth of Virginia's website. It's public information. If she actually didn't do anything wrong or unlawful, the delay tactics are curious.

Doing a timeline and need a little help. thanks

Unfortunately, the grand jury will probably not share enough info with you for that, and the people who can help you, but are not on the grand jury, have already lawyered up! You will probably have to wait for court.

I'm new to Websleuths, but not new to the case of the Lyon sisters, having lived in the Silver Spring area for many years. From reading the posts here, I know that these missing children have haunted many of us for so long.
    I have two questions:
    First, Does anyone know if the old buildings and grounds of the old Walter Reed Annex were ever searched for any evidence of the young girls' having been there, maybe killed there? News articles several years ago indicated that Lloyd Welch had frequented the area around the 'castle.' Perhaps he also was familiar with some of the other old buildings there?
    Second, Has anyone heard a time-frame in 1975 noted when Welch turned up at Taylor's mountain with several bags smelling of death? Like a month of the year? Was wondering how long after the abduction that this happened.
    Thanks for any answers.

I believe Lloyd Welch's cousin, Connie Akers, remembers him showing up in the Spring of 1975 with the two army style duffle bags that her brother helped Lloyd remove from the trunk of the car and throw on to a fire that burned for several days and smelled like death/burning flesh/cremation. I think I read somewhere that it was between March 25th-April 15th, 1975.
    You make a good point about the old buildings at the old Walter Reed Annex. Perhaps LE has searched there. I am sure more and more details will continue to come out as this case continues to move forward.

http://www.wset.com/story/29709160/w...n-sisters-case

Wes Justice is apparently the nephew of Richard Allen Welch. A resident of Calvert County and "ear witness" to an alleged admission from RAW about the assault and murder of the girls.

Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. is now stating that his father LLW SR was a participant in the sexual assault and slayings.

The second nephew of RAW, Thomas Teddy Welch who was 10 or 11 at the time has also claimed to have remembered seeing the Lyon sisters with other Welch family members.

Getting stranger.

Wes Justice is listed on several cases on the MD court case website as having the full name of Wesley Dexter Morgan Justice.

A few traffic convictions and misdemeanors that he beat are all that are there. Does not sound like a violent criminal.

Quote Originally Posted by WaynezWorld View Post
    Wes Justice is listed on several cases on the MD court case website as having the full name of Wesley Dexter Morgan Justice.

A few traffic convictions and misdemeanors that he beat are all that are there. Does not sound like a violent criminal.
    Give Wes credit for having the courage to do the right thing and tell what he knows to LE.

Wes Justice is the younger brother of Dollie Justice Estep of Thaxton, VA who said last Fall that "two of her uncles had been implicated in the disappearance of two sisters from MD."

Wes was only 9 years old in 1975. He is one of the 5 males out of Ruth's 9 children and lived in East Riverdale, MD at the time, less than 2 miles from RAW1 and LLW2. True, his record is fairly unremarkable, especially when compared to some of his brothers. You would have to read the criminal cases for perspective. Two quick highlights; one brother is a registered sex offender and another is in a Bedford jail awaiting trial for abduction and armed robbery.

Give Wes credit for having the courage to do the right thing and tell what he knows to LE.

Wes Justice is the younger brother of Dollie Justice Estep of Thaxton, VA who said last Fall that "two of her uncles had been implicated in the disappearance of two sisters from MD."

Wes was only 9 years old in 1975. He is one of the 5 males out of Ruth's 9 children and lived in East Riverdale, MD at the time, less than 2 miles from RAW1 and LLW2. True, his record is fairly unremarkable, especially when compared to some of his brothers. You would have to read the criminal cases for perspective. Two quick highlights; one brother is a registered sex offender and another is in a Bedford jail awaiting trial for abduction and armed robbery.
    Thank you for the excellent research on Wes Justice for this site. Dollie Estep was very supportive as far as the vigil for the Lyon Sisters, but
    then again, removes an entire FB post when asked a direct question. There is another registered sex offender in jail, who has not yet been brought forward and is part of this murderous crew. You are also correct in your past statement noting not all members post explicit details on a public forum.
    ( Nothing like giving the bad guy a "leg up" so to speak.) I have already gone to LE, they are doing an excellent job but an interview with an investigator reminds me of- the big kid at school who takes my popsicle, sucks out all the colorful information and hands me back ice on a stick. None of my questions answered, I seek out the collective conscience here. The devil is in the details, and your dedication is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by simplifymylife2014 View Post
    Your information is greatly appreciated, however are you under a gag order not to discuss the case?

As nearly as I can tell, no gag order has been issued by any judge. Advice from one's attorney to refuse any discussion (usually to avoid being charged) is NOT the same thing as an order from a judge. Intimidation is so uncool.

career criminals

Tracy (Winford ) Justice, Clarence Justice, Wes Justice and James Justice all used to reside on 63rd Ave in Riverdale MD, at one time or another. In Ruth Justice's obit Winford Justice is referred to as "Tracy". Here is the press release.

http://bedfordcountysheriff.org/thax...t-911-calling/

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10