1062 users online (221 members and 841 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Jihadi John identified as Mohammed Emwazi

The masked Islamic State militant known as "Jihadi John", who has been pictured in the videos of the beheadings of Western hostages, has been named.

The BBC understands he is Mohammed Emwazi, a Kuwaiti-born British man in his mid-20s from west London, who was known to UK security services.

They chose not to disclose his name earlier for operational reasons.

Emwazi first appeared in a video last August, when he apparently killed the American journalist James Foley.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31637090
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

He's from a 'well-to-do' family in West London, UK, and has a degree in computer programming

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...6ee_story.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

For many British, the familiar London-accented voice in the killings made the videos particularly upsetting. And that, of course, is no accident. The slick IS media machine, which depicts its black-clad fighters like the heroes in an action movie, has realized that accent and language matter—and that someone who sounds like a friend, neighbor, or someone one went to school with will be more chilling to the British public than someone who can be categorized more easily as “the other.”
    http://qz.com/351589/details-from-th...so-horrifying/
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Neighbours today told The Independent the family were a "normal Muslim family". One local resident, who did not want to be named, said that they were "quiet".

Khosru Khan, 32, a worshipper at the local mosque, said: "It's a mystery to us who he is, a mystery to the whole world. It's shocking that he is local to here, but he’s never prayed in this mosque. We don’t know him.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-10072403.html
    The world is full of monsters with friendly faces and angels full of scars. ~ Unknown

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

from same article
    Khosru Khan, 32, a worshipper at the local mosque:
    "Muslims are being demonised all the world over, so we expect to see it here. He seems to be the demonised bogeyman for political purposes."

Maybe I am not understanding. Does he think, like the man below, that this is all made up? Or does he think that ME is not the man and they are just using a Muslim man as the 'bogeyman'?

Speaking outside the home a local man, who did not want to be named, said: "I didn't know him. Everybody in Islam agrees that murder is wrong... But this generation is changing, the world is changing.
    "People think that a lot of what's being said about Iraq and Syria about burning people and beheadings is questionable.
    "Is it made up? Really we don't know this guy or if anything is true."

Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

Is there some reason why we are not being shown any picture of this man's face? Could intelligence agencies have a reason for not wanting this out there? I just think there would have to be pics of him from his school days, etc. This whole thing is very strange.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

I did see pictures of his face on the morning news, however, they appeared to be several years old from when he was a student.
    Last edited by HoldOn; 02-27-2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: Omitted a word

Quote Originally Posted by Snick1946 View Post
    Is there some reason why we are not being shown any picture of this man's face? Could intelligence agencies have a reason for not wanting this out there? I just think there would have to be pics of him from his school days, etc. This whole thing is very strange.
    Perhaps they are worried about vigilantes. I'm sure they want him captured alive.

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/5...090048/photo/1

Showing him with a goatee beard and wearing a Pittsburgh Pirates baseball cap, the image is revealed in student records from his time at the University of Westminster.

http://news.sky.com/story/1435642/fi...snt-sf-twitter

What makes someone become like this? Murdering people in front of a camera. He was denied access to Kuwait (I'm very curious as to why.....but that's another story) so he kills?

I don't understand why they hide their face. It's cowardly. If he felt that strongly in his beliefs why hide behind a mask? I'm torn between anger and sadness. Anger at the actions and sad because I can't fathom what would draw someone to kill.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

There are now a few pics of him out there, the most recent I saw was from about 2006. Nearly all the articles about this, including one in my local paper, are the standard photo of his masked and holding the knife. Doesn't it seem odd that news accounts of his unmasking show only him as masked? I'd say there HAS to have been some directive from authorities not to show his current appearance. If he is still in ISIS held territory why would they be worried about vigilantes?
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

Terrified relatives of Mohammed Emwazi want to change their identities over fears of revenge at tacks, friends said yesterday.

The jihadi’s parents have gone into hiding and are ‘living in fear’ that they and their children could be targeted by those demanding revenge.

Friends spoke out to defend the family – said to be moderate Muslims who had never supported extremism – fled their home in affluent Maida Vale, West London, before he was revealed to be the terrorist killer Jihadi John, and have not been seen since.

His Kuwaiti parents and their five other children – who the Mail has decided not to name – plan to change their identities to escape his notoriety and believe they will have to start new lives, away from London.

A close friend said: ‘I spoke to his sister and she is devastated. They are having to move, to change their identities. They are going through a very hard time.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3T4DMw8Ru
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook