1100 users online (231 members and 869 guests)  

Websleuths News

IA - Sallie West, Mahaska County, 26 February 2015

sw.jpg
    Sallie West

Oskaloosa Woman Reported Missing

...Sallie was last seen in Grimes, Iowa around 1pm when an “unknown” person reported her plates to the 911 center. The caller complained she was going 35 in a 55 and was swerving.

Sallie had been to a birthday party for her grandson in Ankeny.

Sallie drives a two-door white Grand Am.
    http://oskynews.org/?p=69540

Weird. From the comments, she never made it to the birthday party. I wonder if someone else was driving her car when reported to 911. I hope she is OK.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Police: Body found near car in creek
    The vehicle found in the creek matches the description of a car driven by a woman who was reported missing earlier this week.

Sallie West, 45, of Oskaloosa, was expected in Ankeny Monday morning, but never arrived there.
    http://www.kcci.com/news/dive-team-c...water/31521088
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    Sallie was last seen in Grimes, Iowa around 1pm when an “unknown” person reported her plates to the 911 center. The caller complained she was going 35 in a 55 and was swerving.

On Monday at 1:05 p.m., Polk County authorities received a complaint of a vehicle matching that description driving erratically near the intersection of Highway 141 and Highway 44.
    Officers responding to that call were unable to find the vehicle.

Crews were called to an area near a bridge on Highway 141 north of Grimes, where a car was spotted partially-submerged in Little Beaver Creek.

Officials said no one was found inside the car. A body was found later in the area of the car. Officials have not yet released the identity of the body.

It is not immediately known how long the car was in the water, but officials said snow found on top of the car indicates that the car has been there since before Wednesday. The car suffered significant damage to the rear.

BBM

As in .......some hot head rammed her off the road in a fit of anger and then called 911 out of guilt ?

I think they might oughta have a little chat with that 911 caller and inspect his/her vehicle for front end damage.

She apparently managed to escape from the car while in the water and then died from her injuries some distance away. I hope the family demands further investigation into the I.D. of the "mystery" caller.

This has got road rage stamped all over it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by steelman; 02-27-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post

BBM

As in .......some hot head rammed her off the road in a fit of anger and then called 911 out of guilt ?

I think they might oughta have a little chat with that 911 caller and inspect his/her vehicle for front end damage.

She apparently managed to escape from the car while in the water and then died from her injuries some distance away.

I am glad I am not the only one who finds the rear damage odd.

Good Lord, the rear end of her car looks awful! And what a horrible way to die, out there in the cold...no telling how badly she was injured. I pray she didn't suffer! Anybody in the process of creating a map so we can see the area?
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Did she possibly go airborne over the concrete wall or guard rail, land trunk first into the creek the come to rest on all 4 tires? My prayers are with the family! So so sad!!! On her way to her granbaby's birthday party...breaks my heart...I have 3 granbabies...now instead of there being a happy birthday celebration, her family will be making funeral arrangements.
    When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained.

Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post

BBM

She apparently managed to escape from the car while in the water and then died from her injuries some distance away. I hope the family demands further investigation into the I.D. of the "mystery" caller.

I watched the embedded kcci video, and here are a few screen grabs from the SAR site:

The damage is so extensive. The second reporter mentioned her family was on scene. Truly heartbreaking.

I hope the investigation leads to answers soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

I pray she didn't suffer!!!

Mark Twain

My condolences to her family and friends. I cannot even imagine. I agree, it is truly heartbreaking.

IA - Sallie West, Mahaska County, 26 February 2015

Trying to make sense of the locations given up thread using google maps and safari for iPhone is frustrating me.

Little Beaver Creek is nowhere near as close to the 141 as I imagined, and the 44 doesn't intersect in a way that I can just input in easily.

I think the 141 runs into (or becomes) the 44 in Grimes.

I'm unable to share a link that makes sense because I don't have a starting location.

I guesstimated where Sallie might have been

I picked a spot on westbound 44 that would intersect with and allow a route heading north on 141. This is a speculative guess on her path of travel. Little Beaver Creek is east of the 141 near the Golf Courseh

This link will allow you to zoom in and take a look around.
    https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Iowa...43f4!3e0?hl=en

Not my best work by any means. My device isn't up to snuff for the task at hand, so my apologies in advance.

I hope this is at least somewhat helpful.

ETA: tapatalk users may need to view map via "web view" to access the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    findsierralamar.com
    #JusticeForSierraLaMar #JusticeForLittleChris #JusticeForSierah #JusticeForMalik #JusticeForAnGelica #JusticeForErin #JusticeForGabbi #JusticeForBecky #JusticeForKarina #JusticeForCharli #JusticeForJoshua #JusticeForCooper #JusticeForBella #JusticeForHeatherElvis #JusticeForJenise #JusticeForOmaree #JusticeForTristan #JusticeForJordyn
    #FindSierraLaMar #FindKatelin #FindRelishaRudd #FindBabyDelano #FindBabyDaphne #FindMyraLewis #FindDeOrr

#LongLiveWebSleuths
    @

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    This is a link to a map I made up this morning while drinking my coffee.

You can zoom in and out with your mouse, left click and drag to move the map around.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?m...s.km_Jis-U4lco

The image below is a screen shot of the area, but it is not labeled and cannot be zoomed. Go the the map above for that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by steelman; 02-28-2015 at 09:18 AM.

Body found in creek officially identified as missing woman

SNIPPED...
    ...Officials said they are investigating how the car ended up off the highway and into the creek.

---------------------

RIP Sallie

I wonder, whatever road rage that may have occurred after, if she was not having a cardiovascular or cerebrovascular problem when the 911 call was made?
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    I wonder, whatever road rage that may have occurred after, if she was not having a cardiovascular or cerebrovascular problem when the 911 call was made?
    I was thinking that might be a possibility as well.