MO - Seven killed, one injured in Tyrone shooting spree, 26 Feb 2015

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
BREAKING

CNN:

Report: 9 found dead at multiple sites in Missouri

Nine people are dead after shootings in south-central Missouri, the Houston Herald newspaper in Missouri reported Friday morning, citing Texas County (Missouri) Sheriff James Sigman.

There are multiple crime scenes, including four in the Texas County community of Tyrone, Sigman told the Herald.

The Missouri State Highway Patrol is expected to hold a news conference about the deaths at about 9 a.m. CT (10 a.m. ET) Friday, CNN affiliate KYTV reported.

Tyrone is about 80 miles east of Springfield and 135 miles southwest of St. Louis.
video at link above

Authorities: Nine killed in Tyrone murders; shooter is dead (Houston MO Herald)

Just received this text alert:

KFIAM640: A person kills 8 people in a small town in southern Missouri at different locations. That person is now also dead.

www.KFIAM640.com

-----

I am speechless.

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got the alerts. I haven't been able to find much info about it yet. I was born in Missouri and have a very large extended family there. I haven't seen much on the news sites yet other than the most basic info.

:(

Tyrone is i) unincorporated and thus ii) tiny, and iii) is named after County Tyrone in Northern Ireland.

“Tyrone is fading into the dust of history, continuing to decline in population, no commercial activity, just rotting away.” [see picture here]

Authorities: Nine bodies found in shooting investigation - houstonherald.com | Houston Herald: News
The Missouri State Highway Patrol said the Texas County Sheriff's Department was called at about 10:15 p.m. Thursday by a frightened girl, who reported gunshots in a residence. She fled to a neighbor's home and lawmen later found two bodies in the home.

Further investigation found another five fatalities and one additional wounded victim at three additional Tyrone residences, the patrol told the Herald. Lawmen later went to another residence, where they found an elderly woman who apparently had died of natural cases.

(snip)

A Missouri State Highway Patrol officer confirmed the death of the alleged shooter, a 36-year-old man. The lawmen said he was found in a parked vehicle in Shannon County. Investigators at about 7:30 a.m. were leaving one of the crime scenes. Two are within a short distance of each other near Highways H and DD.

More@Link
http://www.houstonherald.com/news/a...8-be73-11e4-9f6a-c79579d79c5b.html?TNNoMobile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

were they all related?

AFAIK they have not yet indicated any relationship between any of the victims and/or the suspect. Of course that could change when they release information.

One article did state that MO State Troopers told residents on Highway H not to open the door to strangers, so I'm wondering if this could be a random act based on that?

I also read that three of the crime scenes are in a small area though there are others elsewhere.

Police apparently do not know whether or not there are other victims. How scary and sad. :(

BREAKING NEWS: Eight people killed over 'family feud' in rural Missouri town by gunman who then shot himself dead

The Summersville resident said that there had been an ongoing feud between the suspected shooter's family and some of the victims, one of whom died of a heart attack.
He said that everyone in the small towns of Tyrone and Summersville are aware of each other, and that 'he probably killed 10 per cent of the town's population last night'.
There are up to six possible crime scenes, according to the Houston Herald.
A frightened girl called the police around 10:45pm Thursday before fleeing to a neighbor's house. Two bodies were later found in the girl's home

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-rural-Missouri-shootings.html#ixzz3SxSr20HU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Names not going to be released yet until next of kin informed.

Elderly woman was not a "victim" but was found deceased.

6 active scenes and shooter killed himself in a car.

8 bodies found but elderly woman died of natural causes apparently.

Tyrone is i) unincorporated and thus ii) tiny, and iii) is named after County Tyrone in Northern Ireland.

Many of the tiny unincorporated areas here in East Tennessee like Tyrone have only 3 ways to sustain themselves: 1. Own(ed) their own business 2. Drugs 3. Government benefits. It makes a sad place for kids.

Elderly woman was not a "victim" but was found deceased.

If she died from a heart attack due to the trauma of the situation LE will eventually list her as a victim of the shooter also.

If he lives he will be tried for her death also. Anytime someone dies for whatever reason while the criminal is committing another felony they are tried for their deaths also.

ETA: Oops never mind I see he took the cowardly way out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back