AL AL - Felicia 'Lisa' Weaver, 52, Hayden, 5 Feb 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Felicia Weaver - Help bring Lisa Weaver HOME Facebook Page
6855446_G.jpg

Search for missing woman
A Blount County family is pleading for help in finding their missing loved one. Felicia Weaver hasn't been seen or heard from since Feb. 5th. That same day the family's home caught fire.

"I told her I was on my way home, I loved her. She texted me back and said I love you too." That text exchange around 2:30pm was the last time Michael Mullins heard from his mother. About an hour later the family's home was engulfed in flames. Weaver had been home alone on Jack Cole Road in Hayden.

"The sheriff is 110 percent sure she is not in that house," says Mullins. The area has been searched by cadaver dogs. Mullins says he was told the fire was not intentionally set, but there's no word on how it started. The family says they are frustrated with the efforts of the sheriff's department. "I feel my mother deserves more than what this county is offering."

Felicia Weaver is known as Lisa to her friends. The family has set up a facebook page to help get the word out about any new developments.
http://wtdrnews.blogspot.com/2015/02/blount-county-officials-searching-for.html
http://www.abc3340.com/story/28216410/search-for-missing-woman
9p1.preview.jpg
felicia%2Bweaver.jpg

Where is Lisa Weaver? Blount County mom missing since February fire
-502ade891c592c7d.jpg
-66bcbee8f55c8c09.jpg
-0fc64681806e31c7.jpg

The last time Michael Mullins spoke with his mother, she was sitting in her bed playing on her iPad.

Several hours later, the family's Blount County home had burned to the ground and 52-year-old Felicia Weaver, known to her family and friends as Lisa, was nowhere to be found. Weaver's health had deteriorated to the point where she could barely get around by herself, and the family had only recently discussed bringing in hospice care. "I know in my heart 200 percent she just didn't up and leave,'' Michael Mullins said.Authorities have remained tight-lipped on the probe, but said they've carried out a methodical and intense investigation into Weaver's disappearance. "Law enforcement has worked tirelessly on the search for Lisa, including cadaver dogs, helicopter and foot search, and reviewing evidence,'' Blount County District Attorney Pamela Casey told AL.com today. "We have subpoenaed medical records, phone records, and bank records of Lisa Weaver. Many man hours have gone into looking for her. We do have a person of interest in the matter. But, at this time, we will not be releasing any further information related to the investigation."

The fire broke out on Thursday, Feb. 5, at the Hayden home where Weaver lived with her ex-husband, Edward Mullins, and two of her three sons in Hayden. Suffering from COPD and requiring oxygen, Weaver had moved back in with her ex-husband so he and her sons could care for her. "He was providing for her and taking care of her,'' said Paulina Mullins, Weaver's daughter-in-law. "They were like best friends."
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/02/where_is_lisa_weaver_blount_co.html

Search continues for missing Blount County woman
BLOUNT COUNTY, AL (WIAT) – A Blount County family is desperate for answers after their loved one, Felicia “Lisa” Weaver, mysteriously vanished. Weaver was last seen Feb. 5 before her house burned to the ground. The cause of the fire is still unknown.

After the fire, investigators and cadaver dogs found no trace of a body inside the rubble. Weaver’s car was still parked outside. The family says the pain of not knowing what happened gets worse and worse every day.

“She deserves more than to just be a missing person or cold case. She loved everybody and tried to help everybody as much as she could,” said Michael Mullins, Weaver’s son.

Mullins says his mother was kind and that he does not know of anyone that would want to hurt her. He also says she was in declining health and required oxygen.

“If she has not had her medicine by now, she would be in bad, bad shape. I know she would not have made it long without oxygen,” Mullins said.

Weaver’s daughter-in-law, Paulina Mullins, says over the past few weeks she has felt sick with worry.

“Is she dead? Is she alive? Does somebody have her? Did she leave on her own? The more time that passes, the more questions and the more scenarios we run through our head,” Paulina said.
http://wiat.com/2015/02/27/search-continues-for-missing-blount-county-woman/

I have a feeling she was consumed in the fire if there was oxygen in use.

I did see from her photos on FB that she was a smoker. It's possible the tanks exploded. I'm not sure the fire would have been hot enough to make her bones turn to ashes.

On occasion, someone at home will accidentally start a fire while using home oxygen and smoking. Could she have realized the house was on fire and gotten out and wandered off and since passed? I would still think the cadaver dogs would have hit on something. What a horrible situation! Foul play makes no sense to me, with her being so near death. But people on drugs and desperate do not think like the rest of us.
I agree, little726, I doubt she would have ended up cremated that completely in a house fire. Any other theories?

LE needs to check everyone's cell phone to verify their location BEFORE the fire. One report states Michael was texting his mother around 2:30 PM. Another one states he was texting her at 12:30 PM. Which is it?

Jamie Mullins has a ******** site for the dad and boys. She is also asking for donations of clothing for all the males. What about clothes for Lisa? She lost everything, too!

I have to go with foul play on this one!

Family, friends search for missing Blount County mother
Family and friends of a missing Blount County mother gathered Sunday for a search. They haven't heard from 52-year-old Felicia Weaver since February 5.

One of her three sons, Michael Mullins, says the family has been in emotional turmoil since his mother's disappearance. Weaver's house was engulfed in flames February 5. But investigators tell ABC 33/40 they don't believe she was in the fire.
http://www.abc3340.com/story/28232760/family-friends-search-for-missing-blount-county-mother

My mom's apartment building recently had a visit from a firefighter to discuss fire safety with the residents. I asked about mom's oxygen and whether it would be safe for her to try to leave the building with her portable if there was a fire. He said that the portable containers are pretty solid and it takes a lot of heat for them to explode. But, I know it happens, and if her house was engulfed completely it definitely increases the risk. But I don't think she would have burned to ashes where a cadaver dog couldn't find her. I definitely think it's likely the fire was to cover up something else

If the fire wasn't a coverup, I would have to think she tried to walk somewhere for a phone and didn't make it. Can smoke cause someone to become disoriented?

52-year old Lisa Weaver was last seen at her home on Jack Cole Road on February 5th, just before it caught fire. Weaver's son, Michael Mullins, says he sent his mother a text message at 2:37 p.m., telling her he was on his way home. She replied and that's the last time he says he had any contact with her. It wasn't long before Mullins received word that his house was on fire. Once the fire was out, the bodies of the family's three dogs were recovered. But no sign of Lisa Weaver. Mullins says his mother was on oxygen and it would have been nearly impossible for her to leave the house on her own. He's hoping someone will come forward with information on his mother's whereabouts.
http://www.alabamas13.com/news/fami...itter&utm_source=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content
Lisa-Weaver-jpg.jpg

Very strange. The bodies of 3 dogs were recovered, but not Lisa...
It's almost as if Lisa was not there to begin with...
IMOO.

It sure is strange, Treelights. It sounds like they had no problem locating the dogs.

Very strange. The bodies of 3 dogs were recovered, but not Lisa...
It's almost as if Lisa was not there to begin with...
IMOO.

BBM: great insight, didn't even consider it (duh!) until I saw your post. I think you are on to something. Also, they had considered bringing in Hospice care per the lead article. So, she was pretty ill if that's the case. Just sayin.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back