What restitution for the Ramseys?

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
Suppose its determined an intruder did it. What restitution would then be due to the Ramseys? How to make amends for remarks/actions etc? What would JBR think?

Holdontoyourhat said:
Suppose its determined an intruder did it. What restitution would then be due to the Ramseys? How to make amends for remarks/actions etc? What would JBR think?

One would hope that the Ramsey's would not want restitution,and would be able to forgive the media/remarks/actions etc.,as quickly as they were able to forgive JonBenets'killer.

Yes....just putting the killer away is restitution enough.

Wonder why someone would think the Ramsey's would want restitution. They are supposedly such good christians they would just forgive and forget and continue to "get on with" their lives.

I don't think I'll have to worry about any "intruder" ever being caught and convicted of the crime though.

Holdontoyourhat said:

HOTYH,

In my favorite BDI theory a person who many might consider an intruder DID do it. He is a non-Ramsey known by name to all of us.

There's a strong likelihood that a fifth person was in the house that night (missing crime scene evidence, mystery male DNA, etc.), but he was in the house at the invitation of a Ramsey, and therefore that Ramsey who let him in was an accomplice to the murder.

That's the only scenario that could finger a non-Ramsey as the actual killer but also explain why the Ramseys are covering up by lying and refusing to cooperate with the investigation.

BlueCrab

I don't see why the Ramseys shouldn't get something if it is proven that it is someone outside the family that did it...I am not sure but I was under the impression that they have a had time finding work since JB's death? Also, their reputations have been destroyed. If it turns out that they didn't do it, then I think that they deserve something, but I am also believe RDI, so I don't see that happening.

What about the people who spend years in jail,and then found innocent. No restitution there.

That's right Capps.
Quite a few years ago now, here in Australia a lady by the name of Linda Chamberlin was jailed for supposedly killing her 9 month old baby whilst camping in the outback.
Her and husband were christians and he was a Pastor of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. They had no reason to have killed their baby and claimed a dingo took her from the tent, which is exactly what happened ,but wasnt proven until that poor lady had served quite a few years of a jail term.
She was hounded relentlessly by the press in the earlier days and labelled a child killer.
At the end of the day she lost years of her life when she was in fact innocent.

narlacat said:
That's right Capps.
Quite a few years ago now, here in Australia a lady by the name of Linda Chamberlin was jailed for supposedly killing her 9 month old baby whilst camping in the outback.
Her and husband were christians and he was a Pastor of the Seventh Day Adventist Church. They had no reason to have killed their baby and claimed a dingo took her from the tent, which is exactly what happened ,but wasnt proven until that poor lady had served quite a few years of a jail term.
She was hounded relentlessly by the press in the earlier days and labelled a child killer.
At the end of the day she lost years of her life when she was in fact innocent.

Narlacat,

I remember that! It was quite a while back,I believe a tv movie was made about it. Poor parents.

Yeah....they ended up splitting up, she got remarried I think.
It was a tele movie, Meryl Streep played Lindy. Gosh I said her name was Linda in my last post, memory's not what it used to be!

Wasn't that film called 'A Cry in The Dark'?

If I am not mistaken that crime was also referenced in Seinfeld.

(Hi all - VERY long time no see!!)

Hi Brefie
Im not sure of the name of the movie, I never actually saw it.
Must have missed that on Seinfeld, though I thought I had seen every episode of that.

BlueCrab said:
HOTYH,

In my favorite BDI theory a person who many might consider an intruder DID do it. He is a non-Ramsey known by name to all of us.

There's a strong likelihood that a fifth person was in the house that night (missing crime scene evidence, mystery male DNA, etc.), but he was in the house at the invitation of a Ramsey, and therefore that Ramsey who let him in was an accomplice to the murder.

That's the only scenario that could finger a non-Ramsey as the actual killer but also explain why the Ramseys are covering up by lying and refusing to cooperate with the investigation.

BlueCrab
"...he was in the house at the invitation of a Ramsey,..."

This isn't really a scenario at all. Its a fictional creation. IMO for it to be a plausible scenario, it has to:

1. include a timeline or sequence for all undisputed events.
  2. describe, with a basis in fact, how the perp(s) had the physical and mental capability to perform undisputed acts.
  3. explain, with a basis in fact, the reasons the perp(s) performed undisputed acts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back