1091 users online (229 members and 862 guests)  

Websleuths News

Canada - Alison Mary Thomas, 26, Toronto, Ont, 27 Sept 1978

http://www.nampn.org/cases/thomas_alison.html

"Missing Since: September 27, 1978 from Toronto, Ontario
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: December 26, 1952
    Height: 5'6"
    Weight: 120 lbs.
    Hair Color: Blonde; long
    Eye Color: Blue
    Race: White
    Clothing: A faded blue calf length denim dress, with a heavy,
    off-white woolen cardigan, and a pair of beige and blue rope style sandals.
    Case Number: 20080151OPP

Details of Disappearance
    On the 27th of September 1978 Alison Thomas was visiting her boyfriend in Toronto, Ontario. Shortly after midnight she left his residence walking towards Yonge Street, Toronto. Alison Thomas had indicated that she was going to get a taxi cab to take her to her residence but she never arrived. An extensive investigation was conducted by the Toronto Police Service but to this day Alison Thomas has not been seen or heard from since."
    Last edited by KateB; 08-15-2015 at 10:46 AM. Reason: added photo.

Slight bit of extra info, ie hair long past shoulders.
    The thread heading says" last seen taking cab", although Alison headed towards Yonge street, only, indicating that she would get a taxi.
    All this time and no body located?
    Wonder where the bf lived and where Alison lived at that time?

https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/...08015199&id=25
    Last edited by KateB; 08-15-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: updated link.

I'm non plussed,why the police in Toronto never contacted me. I was living in Palo Alto ,California at the time,and received a phone call from Alison's mom,asking me,if she had by any chance,come out to see me.
    Then she told me Alison was missing .
    needless to say ,I was in shock.
    I was her first serious boyfriend when she was going to school in France . (69-72 )
    I never heard anything after that,and assumed she was found,safe and unharmed.
    recently, I was going through old photos and love letters.
    I found the photos of Alison and a few letters.
    I then thought,it would be nice,to contact here out of the blue,and see what she was doing,and explain what happened back in 1978.
    I couldn't believe,it ,when I pulled up her name.
    She looked very little,like the photos the police posted .
    I contacted an agency in Toronto and spoke to them.
    They assured me the case was still open,and they in turn would have the police in Toronto ,contact me.
    I never heard back from anyone.
    How can the police in Toronto,claim they have looked into every possible scenario ,and never even contact me.
    i have four photos of her.
    two close up head shots.
    She was blind as a bat,without her eyeglasses.
    She must have been wearing contacts,in pictures.
    I wish I could post photos I have .
    if people were looking for a young woman,that looked like the photo,I've seen,it could be very misleading .
    how do I post these pictures ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jakobean View Post
    I'm non plussed,why the police in Toronto never contacted me. I was living in Palo Alto ,California at the time,and received a phone call from Alison's mom,asking me,if she had by any chance,come out to see me.
    I was her first serious boyfriend when she was going to school in France . (69-72 )
    I then thought,it would be nice,to contact here out of the blue,and see what she was doing,and explain what happened back in 1978.
    They assured me the case was still open,and they in turn would have the police in Toronto ,contact me.
    How can the police in Toronto,claim they have looked into every possible scenario ,and never even contact me.
    two close up head shots.
    if people were looking for a young woman,that looked like the photo,I've seen,it could be very misleading .
    Wow, thanks for posting here Jacobean, your info is very interesting, and i hope someone takes notice!

Eta, messaged Roselvr, regarding this post, she may know how to help update photos, info.
    Last edited by dotr; 08-15-2016 at 09:17 PM.

http://ilenesova.com/missing-women-project/attachment/5311/
    Published December 22, 2013 at 520 691 in Missing Women Project.

Painting of Alison Mary Thomas Missing

Oil on Canvas
    30 x 40
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unfortunately,this painting,in no way looks like Alison. She never had a severe look on her face. I don't know where to begin,in respect to posting pictures . Anyone know who the boyfriend was,and how he could be contacted ?
    I can assure everyone,that has been using the image of Alison ,posted ,will not recognize ,her from the photos I have.
    She would have had to have changed drastically ,in six years. As last I saw her she was possible twenty or twenty one years old.
    Peoples physical characteristics ,don't change that much ,at that age. Apparently ,she still had long blonde hair,but if memory serves me,she was taller than 5ft 6 inches. Also closer to possibly 130 pounds.
    This is so sad,and the Toronto Police did next to nothing .
    How they could not have contacted me,like her mother did,I'll never understand ...

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    Wow, thanks for posting here Jacobean, your info is very interesting, and i hope someone takes notice!

Eta, messaged Roselvr, regarding this post, she may know how to help update photos, info.
    Sorry Dot, I was really sick, then my washer and dryer went. Dryer is fixed, washer is still down, I have a family of 4 adults plus my 3 year old grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakobean View Post
    two close up head shots.
    Hi Jakobean, there are a few ways to post the photos; do you have them as a digital copy? If you do, you can scan or take pics with your cell.
    Are you using a cell phone to post here? It uses the mobile version of Websleuths. If so, you would have to go to the bottom left of the page to switch it to WS2016, then come back here and attach them which can be time consuming if you're not used to message boards. You can email them to me if you'd like roselvr@gmail.com I can post them for you

Quote Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
    Sorry Dot, I was really sick, then my washer and dryer went. Dryer is fixed, washer is still down, I have a family of 4 adults plus my 3 year old grandson.

Hi Jakobean, there are a few ways to post the photos; do you have them as a digital copy? If you do, you can scan or take pics with your cell.
    Are you using a cell phone to post here? It uses the mobile version of Websleuths. If so, you would have to go to the bottom left of the page to switch it to WS2016, then come back here and attach them which can be time consuming if you're not used to message boards. You can email them to me if you'd like roselvr@gmail.com I can post them for you
    Thanks so much for the info!
    Hope you are feeling better now, the w/dryer always seems to break down when they are most needed, must be a sign that you deserve a litte break too!

http://www.missingadults.ca/viewMAcase.php?case=ON-MF-1978-09-01234

Additional Information :
    On the night of her disappearance, Alison attended a dinner party at a boyfriend's home on Hillsdale Avenue.

At 12:30 a.m., Alison left the home and walked towards Yonge Street where she intended to hail a taxi.

Alison did not return to her residence and has not been seen since.
    416-808-7400

OR

Crime Stoppers Toll-Free at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477)
    Source Links : "Canadian Crimes" by Max Haines (1998)

Bumping, just a thought/ speculation, but seeing how Alison was last seen not very far from where several years later, Erin Gilmour was murdered in her home, could there be any connection, imo ?
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...r#post12960177
    https://www.services.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/...08015199&id=25
    Last edited by dotr; 09-05-2017 at 12:37 PM.