MA - Conrad Roy, 18, urged by friend, commits suicide, Fairhaven, 13 July 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

DexterMorgan

Reaction score
1.jpg
Michelle Carter(suspect)/Conrad Roy(victim)

An 18-year-old honors student is accused of encouraging her friend to commit suicide.

Michelle Carter of Plainville, Massachusetts is charged with manslaughter for her alleged role in the death of 18-year-old Conrad Roy III, who was found dead in his truck from carbon monoxide poisoning in July, 2014, the*Sun Chronicle Reports.

Charges were filed against Carter earlier this month after, cops said, a lengthy investigation revealed she texted with Roy right up to the time of his death.

A police report obtained by the Chronicle said, “Not only did Conrad tell Carter in several of his texts prior to his death that he was scared and didn’t want to leave his family, she continued to encourage him to take his own life, and when he actually started to carry out the act, he got scared again and exited his truck, but instead of telling him to stay out of the truck ... Carter told him to ‘get back in.'"

Carter's Facebook page includes postings indicated she organized a softball tournament last summer to support mental health awareness.

Carter's lawyer, Joseph P. Cataldo,told the Standard*that his client committed no crime and he expects the charge to be dropped.

Carter is free on $2,500 bail,

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6771964

OMG! That's horrible! There should be consequences for sequence of events caused by vile people.

So sad. So devastating for his family. And then to find out several weeks ago that he got out of the pickup because he didn't want to leave his family....Unbearable agony!

Conrad was due to start college the next month.

So sad. So devastating for his family. And then to find out several weeks ago that he got out of the pickup because he didn't want to leave his family....Unbearable agony!

Conrad was due to start college the next month.

Strangers telling you to do it is one thing. But a friend that tells you to get back in there and kill yourself is unbelievable. I hope she gets prison time for this. I know his family wants to strangle her right about now. I know I do.

Strangers telling you to do it is one thing. But a friend that tells you to get back in there and kill yourself is unbelievable. I hope she gets prison time for this. I know his family wants to strangle her right about now. I know I do.

I agree. She bullied him into it. Grrrrrr...she was evil towards him.

Psychopath comes to mind. Just imagine her getting a thrill from this and doing it again someday.

1.jpg

Michelle Carter(suspect)/Conrad Roy(victim)

R.I.P Conrad and shame on you Michelle.

Fairhaven police Detective Scott Gordon said in a police report: “Not only did Conrad tell Carter in several of his texts prior to his death that he was scared and didn’t want to leave his family, she continued to encourage him to take his own life, and when he actually started to carry out the act, he got scared again and exited his truck, but instead of telling him to stay out of the truck ... Carter told him to ‘get back in.’”

He confirmed that Carter called and sent text messages to the victim encouraging him to go through with the suicide.

“I can’t understand why they brought the charge,” Cataldo said. “They’re trying to claim there is manslaughter, when they freely admit the boy took his own life. You can’t have it both ways.”

On Carter’s Facebook page and on the Plainville Athletic League website, postings say she organized a softball tournament last September to raise money for mental health awareness in honor of her friend, Roy.

A press release advertising the fundraiser appeared in The Sun Chronicle.

The event was called “Homers for Conrad,” and Carter wrote: “life can be tough, but helping others makes it easier.”

She also posted several messages on Facebook saying how much she loved her friend and missed him.

The Facebook page that was set up for the fundraising event has been taken down and is no longer an active page.

However, Carter posted on her Twitter page about the outcome of the fundraiser.

“Thank you so much to everyone who came out to support Homers for Conrad! I’m so happy to say that with your help, we raised over $2,300!” Carter posted the message on her Twitter page Sept. 13 under the account @michyc47.

She wrote about suicide prevention often on her social media accounts.

On Sept. 10, 2014, she posted on her Twitter page: “National Suicide Awareness day, I wish more people understood. I love you and miss you everyday Conrad. Help others #WeCanEndSuicide.” She retweeted the link to a suicide prevention hotline on Sept. 21, 2014.

This girl must be schizophrenic or something. She should be evaluated. For real. I cant believe this.

What happened to that 2,300 in donations?

What happened to that 2,300 in donations?

Great question. I wonder if his parents knew this information during the time that Michelle was holding these charitable fundraising events in honor of their son. OMG.

Rest in Peace dear Conrad Roy...

angel-statue-in-prayer.jpg

My heart and prayers goes out to your family and true friends...

is there any way someone could've hijacked (or hacked) her phone and was pretending to be her when texting him these things?

what if she had a jealous boyfriend or something? someone who hated that she was friends with the victim?

if not, she is truly a sociopath ...

I know she thinks she looked fabulous, but it looks like she has fangs in her yearbook picture.

What the heck??
How does one talk another into suicide??
I don't get it.

What a scary, horrible, evil case, I'm speechless !!!

That girl, MC, has to be a really sick, twisted psychopath, and has to be locked up for good!!!

This is her facebook, check out all her fony fake posts (in her image gallery) about how she miss and love the poor victim Conrad Roy:

https://www.facebook.com/michelle.carter.94043626?fref=ufi&pnref=story

Wow. Everybody comments on how beautiful she is on her facebook page: But obviously they dont know the real her. Let that be a lesson to us. Looks can be very deceiving.

I don't even know what to say 0.0 This is like some twisted Lifetime movie.

Can they even charge her with it?

She has something deeply, deeply wrong with her. Jodi Jr for sure.

Poor Conrad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member