What is going on with New posts?

Softail

Reaction score
I usually post In trial threads. Lately when I do, the posts disappear.

Normally they would stay on the new posts page, so I could continue to update them. Now they just go away! I have to do a new search to find them again! What's up?

JMO, and my reading of the rules here, but this is probably a question that you should ask a mod or admin in a PM.

Seeing how Softail has been posting since 2011, I think they know if they are breaking TOS, and their posts are being TOSd by the mods. I think this is more a question of technical glitches than MODS, jmo

Seeing how Softail has been posting since 2011, I think they know if they are breaking TOS, and their posts are being TOSd by the mods. I think this is more a question of technical glitches than MODS, jmo

Thanks Katy. It is. Seems to be a glitch. Usually, when posting in a thread it will again show up in new posts. Lately I've been posting updates to the Aaron Hernandez trial. But, if I don't post anything I have to do a search again, as it does not appear in the new posts.

Has a limit been set, before it goes away?

Softail I will get our tech guy on it. This is very strange.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Tricia

Thanks Katy. It is. Seems to be a glitch. Usually, when posting in a thread it will again show up in new posts. Lately I've been posting updates to the Aaron Hernandez trial. But, if I don't post anything I have to do a search again, as it does not appear in the new posts.

Has a limit been set, before it goes away?

Oh Man.....I have been looking for updates on AH case too. Hope they show up soon. lol

Thank you! It is frustrating when trying to post tweets for a trial!

There are no limits, there have been no changes made.

It has been a busy week, traffic has been decent. With 2000 people online at a time it only takes 30 threads being posted to to move a thread to page 2 of new posts, 60 and page 3.

I just went to new posts and found the AH thread where it should have been on page 2 sandwiched between 2 other threads last posted at 9:15

There are no limits, there have been no changes made.

It has been a busy week, traffic has been decent. With 2000 people online at a time it only takes 30 threads being posted to to move a thread to page 2 of new posts, 60 and page 3.

I just went to new posts and found the AH thread where it should have been on page 2 sandwiched between 2 other threads last posted at 9:15

That is what I found strange. I'm not even getting a page 2 or page 3. If I post in a thread, then leave the thread, within 15 or 20 minutes, that thread isn't showing up on the 1st page, and I am not seeing pages 2 or 3 or anything.

:dunno: Maybe it is me. I'll see if it keeps happening and report back.

Thanks for checking. :)

Ok, It just did it again. I was logged in and posted on this thread. I had 4 pages of unread posts. Walked away to make breakfast. Came back, and clicked on new posts. I now have only one page of threads, and this thread was not one of them. :waitasec:

This is determined by session timeout, in the case of WS the cookies are set for 15 minutes. When you pass this time, vbulletin will assume you have read the posts and no longer list them as new.

This is determined by session timeout, in the case of WS the cookies are set for 15 minutes. When you pass this time, vbulletin will assume you have read the posts and no longer list them as new.

Ok thanks. That would explain it. It just seems like this happening is a newish thing. I don't recall it happening a few weeks ago.

There are 2 options to dictate how this operates, so at one time it may have been different. I have been running the tech since Dec.31 and have not made any changes since that time.

Prior to the upgrade, I had this very same issue - New Posts being an extremely short list due to frequent log-ins. Post upgrade, I use the "Today's Posts" link under Quick Links. This link shows all the threads with new posts during the past 24 hours, even if I've logged in half dozen times and technically, they're no longer "new posts."

Was "Today's Posts" part of the upgrade or I just never saw it on the old version? IDK. But it solves the too short New Post list problem.

Prior to the upgrade, I had this very same issue - New Posts being an extremely short list due to frequent log-ins. Post upgrade, I use the "Today's Posts" link under Quick Links. This link shows all the threads with new posts during the past 24 hours, even if I've logged in half dozen times and technically, they're no longer "new posts."

Was "Today's Posts" part of the upgrade or I just never saw it on the old version? IDK. But it solves the too short New Post list problem.

Thanks for this! :tyou: I never even knew that "Today's Posts" was there. That will definitely resolve my problem! :)

I believe the "Todays posts" is part of the update from last year. For years I have been one that goes straight to "new posts" so I forgot about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back