687 users online (104 members and 583 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

MO - Tom Schweich, Missouri Politician- Suicide

Tom Schweich was the state Auditor of Missouri and this week took his life in an unexpected suicide with political undertones:

http://www.smh.com.au/world/tom-schw...27-13rbfz.html

There are some odd things about this- he gave no indication of contemplation of this and was ramping up a run for Governor next year. Seems like an oddly timed suicide. Also it seems well timed for his opponents.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

I don't think he killed himself. Also, a whisper campaign to smear him and say he was Jewish with one of his enemies saying, basically, yeah, they were doing that. Who cares if people are Jewish anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieH View Post
    I don't think he killed himself. Also, a whisper campaign to smear him and say he was Jewish with one of his enemies saying, basically, yeah, they were doing that. Who cares if people are Jewish anymore?
    My thoughts exactly. Its not like this is Germany in the 1930's. There is just something real strange about this whole thing and although we my hear more coming out, I doubt anyone will have to answer if it was a murder.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieH View Post
    Actually there are a lot of people who care about someone being Jewish or not. Just like they care if someone is illegal or not, if they use drugs or not and the list goes on. Being Jewish doesn't mean no one is going to care about it.

I doubt he committed suicide either, politics is a very dangerous game. You will never get the real truth about this, it will be just another cover-up that repeats itself over and over again.

I agree, ModMaiden. People care right now about who is Jewish more than we have seen since WWII. That said, I also have read him described as "high-strung." So he may have over-reacted to a not huge thing, but it makes me wonder if he was being blackmailed, too. It sounds like he had a chance to become governor when Jay Nixon's term is up. RIP. Prayers for his family.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

I was hoping there would be a thread about this.

I, too, find this extremely fishy. I won't pretend to know anything about Schweich's mental health but it seems very off that he would contact Messenger from the STL Post-Dispatch and invite him to his home that afternoon...only to commit suicide seven minutes later. SEVEN minutes. There is something not right here, IMO. I have a friend who went to college with Schweich's sister and has been friends with the family all of these years. He (my friend) obviously doesn't know what happened but is confident in saying that if Schweich were going to kill himself, it would not be while his wife was in the house.

I feel awful for his family. Especially considering the circumstances...they may never get any real answers.

It seems he may have been ticking off the GOP party establishment with his potential candidacy. From a review of his stands on issues he sounds to have been moderate- something in short supply in the party right now. It's hard to fathom that someone would kill him over political differences but anything's possible in these polarized days.

my, my, my, ..............................

What a coinky-dink.

or is it?

curious,
    fran

These were, I'm pretty certain, suicides -- perhaps closely related to a same general cause but perhaps not. But I can borrow from and just slightly amend Romans when I say with certainty at least about Tom Schweich's untimely demise that The wages of a whispering campaign is death -- at least in his case. And without a doubt the party's waters in Missouri are befouled.

Very interesting. The dark side always is.

Quote Originally Posted by ModMaiden View Post
    Actually there are a lot of people who care about someone being Jewish or not. Just like they care if someone is illegal or not, if they use drugs or not and the list goes on. Being Jewish doesn't mean no one is going to care about it.

I doubt he committed suicide either, politics is a very dangerous game. You will never get the real truth about this, it will be just another cover-up that repeats itself over and over again.
    I don't think being Jewish is in the same category as being a drug user. Not a very good analogy...

interesting comment from that St. Louis Post-Dispatch in wfgodot's post that they won't comment on the location of the gunshot. Hmmm, odd, but not that odd perhaps this early in the investigation? And there was a note... no report on what the note read.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Gawker's lengthy look (published before the second suicide):

Did a Religious Conspiracy Drive a Missouri Politician to Suicide?

My hinky-meter is off the charts. Somethings fishy here. Maybe they did kill themselves before they were found out about something horrific comes to light, or they were murdered for some political reason that will come to light. This is my home state, and I smell a rat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast