New status symbol: $135 drinks

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The loveliest street in Paris is also one of the most expensive cocktails in Chicago.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]It will cost you $135 to drink a Champs-Elysees at Le Passage, a Rush Street lounge.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Made with Remy Martin Louis XIII cognac, Grand Marnier, orange juice and sour mix, it's served in a crystal cognac glass rimmed with powdered sugar.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]And you get to keep the glass.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The bar may sell only one Champs-Elysees a month, says spokeswoman Jen Hansen.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"People are spending $575 on a bottle of Champagne here, so it's not out of character for someone to spend this much [on a drink]," Hansen said.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]In this ever-growing uber-cocktail culture, the humble shot has given way to flights of super-premium vodkas and tequilas, bartenders are now called "mixologists" and pricey drinks with exotic additions like lychee and pomegranate juice are making Cosmopolitans seem dowdy.
[/font]

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-cocktails03.html

Beer anyone?
drunksong.gif

For $135 bucks I could buy a heck of lot of Coors. I don't get it, they only sell one of those drinks a month...spend 135 and no buzz!?!??!

SadieMae said:
For $135 bucks I could buy a heck of lot of Coors. I don't get it, they only sell one of those drinks a month...spend 135 and no buzz!?!??!
Coors?...:eek: ......Ugghhhhh.....:sick: :sick: :sick:

Bud Light ROCKS........:woohoo:

Remember those $10,000 martinis in New York? They each had a loose diamond in the bottom of the glass. I'll try either one of these as long as someone else is buying!!

LaurenD said:
Coors?...:eek: ......Ugghhhhh.....:sick: :sick: :sick:

Bud Light ROCKS........:woohoo:
Coors NA is great!!!!! Very refreshing! (I don't need no stinkin' buzz!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back