1250 users online (214 members and 1036 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #2

Rebecca Watts

Concern grows for missing teenager Rebecca Watts
    Concern is growing for a 16-year-old girl missing from the Bristol area since last Thursday. Rebecca Watts was reported missing after not returning to her home in St George, Bristol. Officers said it was "out of character" for her not to contact somebody if she had planned not to come home. Addressing his daughter at a police press conference, Rebecca's father Darren Goldsworthy said his daughter was too shy to even pay at a shop till alone and that she was "in no trouble at all". “She would not go and ask for anything or go to a till on her own - she was that kind of girl.

“This is why her disappearing is so out of character for her. "We just want to make sure you are OK," he said.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-31588003
    Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Dad-mis...#ixzz3SgMIDVsb
    Follow us: @BristolPost on Twitter | bristolpost on Facebook
    http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/Polic...ail/story.html

Rebecca's father Darren Goldsworthy appealed for her to get in touch with the family

Thread 1
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 02-28-2015 at 09:09 PM.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

It is thought she was wearing a blue puffa-style jacket on the day she went missing.

Avon and Somerset Police said searches of nearby parks were "routine" in "high-risk" missing person inquiries.

She went missing with her mobile phone and laptop, the force said.
    http://bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-31601635

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.

New police appeal poster
    Avon and Somerset Police have released a new poster appealing for help to find Becky.

It also features the hashtag FindBecky and a new picture of her with red hair.

Anyone with information should call 101.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...pdates-5226021

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Two Held Over Missing Teen Becky Watts

The arrests follow the discovery of a discarded laptop in woodland close to where the missing teen was last seen over a week ago.

The grey Toshiba, uncovered by volunteers who joined over 100 friends and family scouring the area, has been handed to investigators.

So it was a Toshiba, wish we knew what make Becky's laptop was!

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

I'm really surprised how little news there is on twitter or in the MSM about who's been arrested. Not even a gender or an age. The police really are keeping it underwraps

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    I'm really surprised how little news there is on twitter or in the MSM about who's been arrested. Not even a gender or an age. The police really are keeping it underwraps
    I really believe that's because its close to home, so to speak. I can't think of any other reason why they would without basic info like sex/age, they haven't even released that info to the family I don't think. If it was minors I would've thought they would've at least said that. x

UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, England, 19 February 2015 **ARRESTS**#2

Please continue here for Rebecca

I don't see any comments from the family about the arrests, all very strange!

Quote Originally Posted by flutterby View Post
    In light of what happened in the Yeates case with Christopher Jefferies this is not a surprise. Remember it's the same regional force that's dealing with this, they learnt their lesson the hard way.
    Using Tapatalk

It was mentioned early on that the family thought she was meeting up with her boyfriend so it could be likely that she had already mentioned she was getting ready to go back out and they heard the door/music thing later on and thought nothing of it. I doubt most people think these little things are important at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
    In light of what happened in the Yeates case with Christopher Jefferies this is not a surprise. Remember it's the same regional force that's dealing with this, they learnt their lesson the hard way.
    I said as much earlier. Although the police only gave an age and a gender, as is usual: they did not name Mr Jefferies. It was the media who named and libelled him. A&S police will not trust them again.

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    Quote Originally Posted by mayelf View Post
    It was mentioned early on that the family thought she was meeting up with her boyfriend so it could be likely that she had already mentioned she was getting ready to go back out and they heard the door/music thing later on and thought nothing of it. I doubt most people think these little things are important at the time.
    We don't even know yet if she DID meet up with him. We'll know something tomorrow I bet.

Will the fact that tomorrow is Sunday mean things are slower or will the investigation and press keep on informing the public?

Quote Originally Posted by GigTu View Post
    We don't even know yet if she DID meet up with him. We'll know something tomorrow I bet.
    In earlier reports it was said that the boyfriend came to the house on Thursday afternoon (possibly around 4pm) to look for her after she failed to respond to his messages.

If that time is correct then that may be the point that they first tried to report her missing. The family said they were told to wait 24 hours before they could report her missing. If they took that literally it ties in with the timing of the missing report made on Friday afternoon.
    Using Tapatalk

GigTu is offline ѧѦ ѧ︵ ̧̱ι̵̱̊ι̶̨̱ ̶̱ ︵Ѧѧ︵ ̵̗̊o̵̖ ︵ѧѦ Ѧ ѧ
    They have to let the two arrestees loose tomorrow, right? I predict no rest for the weary.

Page 1 of 67 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast