1037 users online (170 members and 867 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Body parts found in Becky Watts search, say police
    Seven under arrest after officers make discovery during search of property two miles from family home

Tuesday 3 March 2015

Police searching for the missing Bristol teenager Becky Watts have found body parts at an address about two miles from the family home.

Det Supt Mike Courtiour said police had received information that Becky’s body had been cut up. They made the discovery after searching a property in Barton Court, Barton Hill, Bristol.

Four men and one woman have been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender. A man and woman aged 28 and 21 remain in custody on suspicion of kidnap and murder.

Courtiour said Becky’s family had been told the news and were being helped through the ordeal.

Barton Court is a few hundred metres from an address that was being searched by police on Monday.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...P=share_btn_tw

Significant discovery made in Becky Watts investigation

Detective Superintendent Mike Courtiour made the following statement:

“As a result of new information received late last night (02/03), we attended a house at Barton Court in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.

“The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.u...investigation/

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Laura Churchill ‏@BrisPostLaura 5m5 minutes ago
    Floral tributes at the home of Becky Watts

https://twitter.com/BrisPostLaura

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Becky Watts: Tributes paid to shy and introverted Bristol teen

Tributes have been paid to ‘shy and introverted’ Becky Watts, who had been missing from her St George home.

Flowers have been left outside the 16-year-old’s Crown Hill home after police confirmed they had found body parts, believed to have belonged to her, following information last night.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Becky Watts: Pair arrested are her stepbrother Nathan Matthews and his girlfriend Shauna Phillips
    By The Bristol Post | Posted: March 03, 2015

Read more: http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-W...#ixzz3TMvnMCBZ

Stepbrother and partner held over missing Becky

[...]
    Nathan Matthews, 28, and his girlfriend, Shauna Phillips, 21, were arrested on Saturday morning by officers investigating the disappearance of Becky, 16.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Becky's stepbrother and his girlfriend are held over her murder: Pair are among seven arrested after police discover body parts in rundown house
    By Lucy Crossley for MailOnline and Arthur Martin and Emine Sinmaz and Tom Kelly for the Daily Mail

Published: 04:33 EST, 3 March 2015 | Updated: 17:57 EST, 3 March 2015

[...]
    Mr Matthews’s mother Angie-Mae Galsworthy, who is married to Becky’s father Darren, has sat with him during televised appeals for the teenager’s safe return.

His girlfriend has posted numerous appeals on Facebook for information about Becky’s whereabouts since she disappeared almost two weeks ago.

The notes posted by Miss Phillips included two messages from Becky’s father pleading for information.

One read: ‘Police have turned my house upside down trying to find any clues. What fresh new hell will we go through today?’

A local resident said: ‘Nathan and Shauna are just normal people. She messaged me and she asked me if I had seen Becky or I could help with the search.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3TMxKyOqT
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Becky Watts: Body parts found in hunt for missing Bristol teenager
    By Martin Evans, Crime Correspondent
    5:36PM GMT 03 Mar 2015

[...]
    Detective Superintendent Mike Courtiour of Avon and Somerset Police said: "As a result of new information received late last night we attended a house at Barton Court in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.

“The information suggested that Becky’s body had been cut up and a search at the new location resulted in the discovery of body parts.

“Although formal identification procedures have not yet been completed, we have made Becky’s family aware of this discovery.

“As a result of this latest development, a further four men and one woman have been arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

“They remain in police custody at this time as do the man and the woman arrested on suspicion of Becky’s murder.

“This is devastating news for Becky’s family and friends and our thoughts are with them. We will continue to offer every support we can to them during this terrible ordeal.”

continued with timeline at the link
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Becky Watts: A letter to Becky from her Uncle Joe
    By The Bristol Post | Posted: March 04, 2015

Becky Watts: Becky's Uncle Joe has written an open letter to Becky on Facebook

Dear Becky,

I refuse to show any anger towards the people who have stolen a piece of our hearts because they don’t deserve my anger, but what I will say and share with the world is that I love you so much and no matter what they have taken from us they could never take our memories or love.

You were a shining light in this dark world and, as I lay in bed tonight, I’ll gaze at the stars and I know the brightest one I see will be you smiling back at me - you are at peace now my beautiful niece.

Sleep tight and never forget a family’s love is immovable, an uncle’s love is inseparable, and for a shy 16-year-old girl who was afraid to meet new people, you single-handedly brought a city together. Forever in our hearts.

Love you,

From Uncle Joe

Becky Watts: Teenager's grieving family pay moving tributes hours after terrible news is announced

BECKY Watts’ auntie has paid a emotional and moving tribute to her murdered niece.

Sarah Broom, who is the sister of Becky’s father Darren Galsworthy, spoke out on Facebook last night just hours after police had announced that they had discovered body parts at a house in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.

The heartbreaking post has been commented by dozens of people and came as Becky’s family struggled to come to terms with the latest horrific developments in the police inquiry

The moving message on Facebook talks about the pain endured by Becky's father Darren. It reads: “So today my brother got his baby girl back!!

“Twelve days of pure hell filled with heartache like no other and this is only the beginning.

“He is completely and utterly broken and there is nothing in this world of comfort to him how does a parent ever recover from this!! How can a family?

More at link

Becky’s brother Dan Galsworthy replied to the post.

He said: “This has left a deep hole in my heart and will continue to haunt me. To everyone messaging and supporting me I haven't replied to any messages because I simply have no words, I thank you all and deeply appreciate everyone's support. Love to you all.”

Officers given more time to question 5 arrested on Monday

Officers have been granted more time to question 5 people arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with the Becky Watts investigation.

The four men (aged 29, 29, 23 and 23) and one woman (also aged 23) were arrested on Monday evening.

Today (04/03), the District Judge, sitting in Bristol Magistrates' Court, granted a warrant of further detention for an additional 24 hours.

The five suspects remain in custody at this time.

Stepbrother charged with Becky Watts murder

Nathan Matthews, the stepbrother of missing 16-year-old Becky Watts, has been charged with her murder, Avon and Somerset Police have said.

His girlfriend, Shauna Hoare, 21, has been charged with intending to pervert the course of justice.

The pair are due to appear before Bristol Magistrates Court at 10:00 GMT on Thursday.

Four other men and a woman are being questioned on suspicion of assisting an offender.

Stepbrother charged with Becky Watts murder in Bristol
    4 March 2015

Nathan Matthews, the stepbrother of missing 16-year-old Becky Watts, has been charged with her murder, Avon and Somerset Police have said.

His girlfriend, Shauna Hoare, 21, has been charged with intending to pervert the course of justice.

The pair are due to appear before Bristol Magistrates Court at 10:00 GMT on Thursday.

Four other men and a woman are being questioned on suspicion of assisting an offender.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-31737528

Becky Watts: stepbrother charged with murder
    5 March 2015

A candle burns besides a photograph of Becky Watts at St Ambrose Church
    Photograph: Matt Cardy/Getty Images

The stepbrother of Becky Watts will appear in court charged with her murder exactly two weeks after the 16-year-old vanished from her home.

Nathan Matthews, 28, is to appear at Bristol magistrates court on Thursday alongside his girlfriend, 21-year-old Shauna Hoare, who is accused of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Security around the court in the centre of Bristol, 2 miles from where body parts were found on Monday night, will be tight as anger grows over the killing of the popular teenager.

[...]
    Becky’s uncle, Sam Galsworthy, told ITV News: “It was the most undignified end to a beautiful life, full of promise. As her family, it’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But we know it is there and the support from family, friends and the nation will help us find that light.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Two charged in connection with Becky Watts case appear in court
    05 March 2015 at 11:05

The two people charged in connection with the Becky Watts investigation have appeared in court.

Nathan Matthews, 28, who is charged with Becky's murder and Shauna Hoare, 21, who is charged with intending to pervert the course of justice, appeared this morning at Bristol Magistrates' Court.

Matthews was remanded in custody and is due to appear via video link at Bristol Crown Court tomorrow morning (06/03).

Hoare was also remanded in custody and is due to appear at Bristol Crown Court on April 2nd.

The five people arrested on Monday on suspicion of assisting an offender all remain in custody at this time.

Becky Watts: Nathan Matthews and Shauna Hoare appear in court
    5 February 2015
    The Guardian

[...]
    Wearing a blue T-shirt and looking tired and unshaven, Matthews was led into the dock in handcuffs by a female custody officer. When asked what his name was he did not hear and said: “Sorry?” He then gave his name his date of birth – 9 January 1987 – and his address as a street in Warmley, a village on the outskirts on Bristol.

The district judge told him the case would have to go to crown court. “As we all know, this case will have to go to the crown court. I cannot entertain any application for bail this morning and thus I will remand you in custody until tomorrow,” she said.

Matthews nodded as the judge told him he would appear at the crown court via videolink. The female custody officer put the handcuffs back on and he was led out. The hearing took a minute or so.

A few minutes later Hoare, who wore a baggy dark blue T-shirt, was brought into the same dock. Her long brown hair looked unwashed. Speaking very quietly, she confirmed her name, address and date of birth – 12 February 1994 – and again showed little emotion. She gave a different address from Matthews’ – Cotton Mill Lane in Barton Hill, Bristol, which has been the subject of intensive police searches. The judge told her that she would be remanded in custody given the seriousness of the offence.

The charge states that Hoare “did a series of acts which had the tendency to pervert the course of public justice in that you hindered the police investigation to assist Nathan Matthews and intended for him to avoid detection for the murder of Rebecca Watts”. Her hearing also only lasted about a minute.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Press Association ‏@pressassoc 3m3 minutes ago
    Sketch of Nathan Matthews, 28, the stepbrother of 16-year-old Becky Watts, appearing in court charged with her murder

https://twitter.com/pressassoc

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast