803 users online (95 members and 708 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Family: Becky's Death Was 'Cruel And Inhumane'

The teen's uncle says she suffered the "most undignified end" but that her family will lay her to rest with "respect and love"

Reading an emotional statement, her uncle Sam Galsworthy said they were determined to "reclaim Rebecca's dignity".

"It was a most undignified end to a beautiful life full of promise," said Mr Galsworthy.

Addressing whoever is responsible, he stared directly down the camera and said: "You will forever suffer the consequences of your actions."

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Celebrating Mr Skibaboo RIP Baljeev Johal, my dear friend. RIP

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Avon and Somerset Police - Statement
    05 March 2015 at 15:08

Officers have been granted more time to question 5 people arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender in connection with the Becky Watts investigation.

The four men (aged 29, 29, 23 and 23) and one woman (also aged 23) were arrested on Monday evening.

Today (05/03), the District Judge, sitting in Bristol Magistrates' Court, granted a warrant of further detention for an additional 24 hours.

The five suspects remain in custody at this time.

Becky Watts: Outraged public hurls abuse after stepbrother accused of her murder appears in court
    22:19, 5 March 2015
    By Richard Smith, Adam Aspinall

[...]
    During the one-minute hearing, the clerk told Matthews:

“You are charged between February 18 and March 1 in Bristol that you murdered Rebecca Watts.”

He was remanded in custody to appear at Bristol crown court by video link today.

Hoare's charge, as read out by the clerk, was:

“Between February 18 and March 1 you did a series of acts which had the tendency to pervert the course of public justice in that you hindered the police investigation to assist Nathan Matthews and intended for him to avoid detection for the murder of Rebecca Watts.”

She was remanded in custody to appear at Bristol crown court on April 2

more at the link
    Last edited by bessie; 03-05-2015 at 07:47 PM.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Becky Watts: Nathan Matthews trial could start in September with 1,200 exhibits to be examined
    March 06, 2015

James Ward, prosecuting, told the court that Matthews' girlfriend, Shauna Hoare, 21, of Cotton Mill Lane, has been charged with perverting the course of justice and has been remanded in custody by magistrates, pending appearance at Bristol Crown Court on April 2.

The judge acceded to his request that both she and Matthews attend the crown court for a hearing on March 26, when the could be joined by other people who are currently the subject of an ongoing police investigation.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-W...ail/story.html

Four more people charged in connection with the Becky Watts investigation
    06 March 2015

Karl Demetrius, 29, Donovan Demetrius, also 29, Jaydene Parsons, 23, all of Barton Court, Bristol and James Ireland, 23, of Richmond Villas, Avonmouth, have all been charged with assisting an offender.

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.u...-investigation

skibaboo is offline <3 The amazing Mr Skibs, GBNF <3 Now an 'official' crazy cat (& Map) lady.
    Becky Watts: Four More People Charged

Four more people have been charged in connection with the murder of teenager Becky Watts.

Karl Demetrius and Donovan Demetrius, both 29, along with Jaydene Parsons, 23, all of Barton Court, Bristol, have been charged with assisting an offender.

James Ireland, 23, of Richmond Villas, Avonmouth, faces the same charge.

They have been remanded in custody and are due before Bristol Magistrates' Court this afternoon.

A fifth person, who was arrested on Monday, has been released without charge.

Hillsborough 15/4/1989 JFT96 GBNF YNWA *Verdict - The REAL Truth: 96 Liverpool fans were unlawfully killed*

Case Map Database - Links to all Case Maps I have created, and their related Websleuths threads

Becky Watts: Teenager's body has been formally identified

The body of 16-year-old Becky Watts has now been formally identified.

Police confirmed the procedure took place yesterday.

The confirmation came as Becky's stepbrother, Nathan Matthews, 28, of Hazelbury Drive in Warmley, appeared in court charged with her murder.

I made this summary of all the posts by the police in their Facebook page. I think it is easier to follow all their appeals and when were they posted. Obviously didn't alter anything, of course, simply added the days of the week to help when we read.

https://www.facebook.com/avonandsomersetpolice?fref=ts

Avon and Somerset Constabulary

Sunday - 22/2 - 10:17

We need your help to find missing teenager Rebecca Watts, who has gone missing in the St George’s area of Bristol.

She went missing from the Crown Hill area on Thursday (February 19).

It is out of character for her not to contact someone if she is not returning home.

Monday - 23/2 - 18:35

Rebecca, known as Becky, and who is 16 years-old, was last seen at her home address on Crown Hill, St George, Bristol, at

11.15am last Thursday (19/02).

Today, Becky’s father Darren Galsworthy and grandmother Pat Watts made an appeal for her to come home

Becky is described as a white girl, aged 16, about 5ft 4ins of slim build with long reddish hair

Wednesday - 25/2 - 15:25

Our search continues today for missing Bristol teenager Becky Watts, who has been missing since Thursday morning.

Please help by sharing our appeal and urge anyone with information, no matter how insignificant it might seem, to come

forward to help us‪‬‬

21:21 "I would like to make a plea for everyone to get behind our online campaign to ‪#‎FindBecky‬‬" - DI Richard Ocone

Thank you to everyone supporting our search to #FindBecky - please keep sharing our appeals on Facebook and Twitter.

We’ve also set up a #FindBecky page on our website

Thursday - 26/2 - 10:54

Missing teenager Becky Watts - one week on

It's been a week since Rebecca Watts was last seen at her home in St George, Bristol.

Concern is growing for the missing teenager

18:14 Online campaign to find missing Rebecca Watts reaches 2 milllion people

DI Richard Ocone said: "We hope that this large online presence will lead to someone remembering something from the area or

days following Becky’s disappearance.

"We’re using every resource we can to try and find Becky. We have dedicated teams of officers on the ground and they’ve been

supported by the police helicopter.

Friday - 27/2 - 13:35

The search for missing Rebecca Watts has intensified again today as concerns grow for her whereabouts and safety

We are still treating this investigation as a missing person enquiry.

On Tuesday Detective Superintendent Liz Tunks, head of the Major Crime Investigation Unit, took over as the senior i

nvestigating officer (SIO) and is working closely with Detective Inspector Richard Ocone who has taken the role of Deputy SIO

Saturday - 28/2 - 10:31

We've been encouraged by the local communities' willingness and enthusiasm to help with the search for Becky.

Today we'll continue our search in the area.

We would urge those who are keen to help us find Becky to go into local shopping centres and flood them with 'Find Becky'

leaflets. In that way you can help us reach more people and increase the chance of finding someone who may have seen her

and who can help us

21:35 We have arrested two people in connection with the disappearance of Becky Watts from

the St George’s area

Detective Superintendent Liz Tunks, heading up the investigation team, said: "This afternoon we have arrested two people in

connection with the disappearance of Becky Watts on Thursday 19 February from the St George area of Bristol."

"Whilst the two people are being questioned our search for Becky continues unabated’’

Sunday - 1/3 - 15:09

A number of locations have now been searched within a 2km radius of Becky’s home address in the St George area of Bristol.

We can confirm that, at this stage, no significant items have been identified during these searches.

Monday - 2/3 - 10:19

We have been granted a further 36 hours to question the two people arrested in connection with the Becky Watts investigation.

Thanks for the ongoing public support. Anyone with information should call us now on 101, or contact us online:

12:14 Did you see or own a car connected to the search to ‪#‎FindBecky‬‬? We have seized a car

but need the public’s help in piecing together where it might have been. We are looking for information about a black Vauxhall

Zafira with the registration plate HY06 HYA, particularly between Thursday 19th February until Monday 23rd February. We're

keen to speak to anyone who saw the vehicle in the days either side of this too.We also need to speak to any previous owners

of this vehicle.

16:42 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of Becky Watts murder http://bit.ly/1B2asZV.

21:12 Tune in to BBC1's Crimewatch now for all the latest on our appeal to ‪#‎FindBecky‬‬

Tuesday - 3/3 -10:02

There have been significant developments in our investigation to find Becky Watts, with the discovery of body parts at a house

in the Barton Hill area of Bristol.

Detective Superintendent Mike Courtiour has made a statement to the media this morning. You can read the full update on our

website here: bit.ly/1FQUyCs

Five further arrests have been made on suspicion of assisting an offender. The man & woman arrested over the weekend

remain in police custody.

11:21
    Becky Watts' mum, grandmother and brother have released a statement following the latest developments in

our investigation. Our thoughts remain with them at this terrible time.

15:33 Becky's dad Darren and step-mum Anjie have released a statement: bit.ly/1Eel4qP

"To receive such news as we did today about our dear daughter and step-daughter Becky is too much to bear.

15:34 Becky's grandfather John Galsworthy has made a statement on behalf of the Galsworthy

family:“We are heartbroken at what has been discovered overnight. We cannot begin to understand what has happened and

why.

“Becky was a wonderful daughter, sister, granddaughter and niece, and we cannot put into words how devastated we are

15:39 Officers have been given a further 24 hours to question the two people arrested on

suspicion of murdering Becky Watts

Wednesday - 4/3 - 14:14

Officers have been granted more time to question the 5 people arrested on Monday in connection with the Becky Watts

16:17 We have charged two people in connection with the Becky Watts murder investigation

19:27 We are aware of several false reports circulating on social media. Social media users,

please be aware that publicly accusing/naming people who have not been formally charged, could constitute an offence under

the Malicious Communications Act, which could result in a prosecution.

We would also ask people to remain sensitive to the fact that this remains a difficult time for the family. We would like to thank

the public for their support.

Thursday - 5/3 - 11:14

The two people charged in connection with the Becky Watts investigation have appeared in court this morning. Both have been

remanded in custody.

15:10 Officers have been granted a further 24hrs to question the 5 arrested on Monday in

connection with the Becky Watts investigation. All 5 remain in custody.

Friday - 6/3 - 13:00

Four more people have been charged in connection with the Becky Watts investigation. They are all due before Bristol

Magistrates' Court this afternoon.

15:00 The six people who have been charged in connection with the Becky Watts murder

investigation have all been remanded in custody. They are all due to appear at Bristol Crown Court on March 26th.
    I Like Persons. Be Likeable

Becky Watts: Searches in Barton Hill expected to continue into next week
    March 07, 2015

Forensic teams have now finished their work at Becky's Crown Hill home and at another property in Wilton Close, Southmead in connection with the inquiry.

However, large parts of Barton Hill remained cordoned off as police continue their search looking through bins and under cars.

Becky's cut up body was discovered in the area on Monday night.

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police said the police cordon was expected to be in place for "sometime" as the search for "evidence in connection with the enquiry" continued.

'Becky touched the hearts of the nation'

Family of Becky Watts thankful for support

The family of Bristol teenager Becky Watts have told ITV News how hundreds of messages of support are helping them cope with the distress of 16-year-old's murder.

Speaking exclusively to ITV West Country, Becky's uncle, Sam Galsworthy, and grandfather, John Galsworthy, revealed they've been contacted by people from America, Canada, Australia and the Caribbean.

They were reacting after hundreds turned out in a park close to the family home to release balloons in Becky's memory.

The family have received more than 11,000 in donations towards funeral costs and are planning to support a walk for Becky through Bristol city centre on March 28 (11am start).

Becky Watts: Police confirm all her missing belongings have been found

Police have confirmed they have found all the missing belongings of Becky Watts.

The 16-year-old was last seen at her Crown Hill home in St George on Thursday, February 19 and 11 days later her body parts were discovered at an address in Barton Hill.

During the extensive police search for Becky, officers were keen to trace her laptop, phone and a computer tablet, which were reported as missing at the same time as her.

A spokesman for Avon and Somerset police confirmed all her property has now been recovered.

Detailed forensic investigations are set to continue at two properties in Barton Hill and at Becky's homes for the next couple of weeks as part of their investigation into her death.

Becky Watts: Police renew appeal for information about black Vauxhall Zafira in murder investigation
    Posted: March 10, 2015

A spokesman said: "The critical time period is from the morning of Thursday, February 19 until Monday, February 23.

"We are, however, keen to speak to anyone who saw this vehicle in the days either side of this.

Tribute to Becky Watts from her mum Tanya
    Added on 11 March 2015 at 16:06

"My name is Tanya Watts. I am the mother of Becky Watts.

"I would like to say a big thank you to everyone who took my beautiful angel into their hearts.

"I have felt unable to say anything about Becky until now as the sense of loss and pain is overwhelming. But throughout this time I have been so touched and comforted by how people, many of whom are complete strangers, have taken the time to express their condolences.

"I feel Becky's presence all around me. I know that she is up in heaven with her Nanny and Grampy and other people that loved her.

"Thank you to all those people who helped search for Becky and get our angel returned to us.

"We were able to see each other one last time: I know that she is at peace and can now have the dignity that she deserves.

"I am determined to focus on happy memories of Becky as a beautiful baby and gorgeous girl.

"I have been going through old photographs and she has a beaming smile in all of them.

"This is how she should be remembered - for her beauty inside and out."

Becky.jpeg

Becky Watts: Murder trial could be held in Bristol this October
    Posted: March 26, 2015

The man accused of murdering teenager Becky Watts asked if his girlfriend - who is accused of perverting the court of justice - could be removed from the screen he could see when he he appeared in court this morning.

Becky's stepbrother Nathan Matthews made the request, which was denied, at hearing at Bristol crown court.

The trial into the alleged murder of teenager Becky Watts could take place in Bristol as early as October 5.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Becky-W...#ixzz3VUPHxKQK

Body of schoolgirl Becky Watts had to be identified by her DNA, inquest hears
    8 April 2015

The inquest at Flax Bourton in Somerset did not give a cause of the teenager's death. None of Miss Watts' family were present.
    Coroner's officer Deborah Neil told the court: 'Her death was confirmed on March 3 by a pathologist. She was identified by DNA.
    'The brief circumstances are that Rebecca was reported to the police as a missing person.
    'She was found later at an address in the Barton Hill area. She underwent a post-mortem examination at Flax Bourton and people have since been charged in connection with her murder.'
    Avon Coroner Maria Voisin adjourned the inquest until the outcome of criminal proceedings. She said the case would be reviewed in August.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3Wk3u9KuQ

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast