997 users online (132 members and 865 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Brandon Caldwell, 29, Wilkes-Barre, 2 Mar 2015

Brandon Coldwell - B/M/29 - Luzerne County - Wilkes-Barre

6' 2" -- 200 Lbs. -- Brown Eyes -- Black Hair -- Beard

Wilkes-Barre, Luzerne County, is in North-Eastern, PA.

Day 1

Mon., Mar. 2nd: Wilkes-Barre City Police:

"Wilkes-Barre City Police Department Information
    NATURE OF INCIDENT: Missing Person
    IRC NUMBER: 150040052
    OFFICER: Benson
    DATE: 03/02/15
    TIME: 1247
    PERSON INVOLVED: Brandon COLDWELL, 29, B/M 6'2" 200, brown eyes, black hair, beard

INCIDENT DETAILS: COLDWELL'S girlfriend arrived at HQ and reported COLDWELL missing.

She stated that he walked out of the residence & hasn’t been heard from since." [Emphasis by Richrd]

[Awaiting:

Photo -- Clothing Description -- Distinguishing Characteristics -- Vehicle Description]

A$ Alway$: PA Crime$topper$ -- 1-800-4PA-TIPS - https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

Photo Link Now Available

PA -- Brandon Coldwell -- B/M/29 -- Luzerne County -- Wilkes-Barre -- 2 Mar 2015

6' 2" -- 200 Lbs. -- Brown Eyes -- Black Hair -- Beard

Day 2

Tue., Mar. 3rd: Wilkes-Barre City Police:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wilke...12343468977730

http://www.timesleader.com/news/loca...ews/152248036/

The search continues for a city man who went missing a week ago.

According to the department’s Facebook page, Coldwell’s girlfriend told police that afternoon “that he walked out of the residence and hasn’t been heard from since.”

According to Wilkes-Barre police, Coldwell is black, 6 foot 2 inches tall, and weighs 200 pounds. He has brown eyes, black hair and facial hair, as seen in the attached photo.
    AR-303099998.jpg

In one of the comments on this article, someone who claims to know Coldwell says that he is a mature and professional guy who wouldn't up and leave. The commenter also says that Coldwell isn't involved in criminal activity. I would tell you guys to look at it yourself, but the rest of the comments are pretty atrocious.

I'm really saddened by this case. So many people (I don't mean on WS, just in general) are looking it over because he's an adult minority male. It took the family an entire week to get any media attention. This guy seems to have disappeared into thin air and no one is looking for him aside from his few family members.

I saw a few more details on social media, not verified but I think any info is helpful in a case like this. Apparently, he was last seen early in the morning, wearing his work clothes which were dress pants and a button-up shirt. He doesn't have his wallet, phone, or car.

The weather was REALLY nasty in Wilkes-Barre this week. His family is very desperate and has even started asking other people to help them encourage the WBPD to look into the case.

Also - his family and friends are spelling his last name "Caldwell."

Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post
    I'm really saddened by this case. So many people (I don't mean on WS, just in general) are looking it over because he's an adult minority male. It took the family an entire week to get any media attention. This guy seems to have disappeared into thin air and no one is looking for him aside from his few family members.

I saw a few more details on social media, not verified but I think any info is helpful in a case like this. Apparently, he was last seen early in the morning, wearing his work clothes which were dress pants and a button-up shirt. He doesn't have his wallet, phone, or car.

The weather was REALLY nasty in Wilkes-Barre this week. His family is very desperate and has even started asking other people to help them encourage the WBPD to look into the case.
    That is sad that there isn't more attention on finding him. I wonder what his state of mind was like when he walked off. why is there not more info anywhere? Nothing about a vehicle other than a Pennsylvania license plate?

"He was last seen wearing slacks and a button down collared shirt, a jacket and boots. He also has a tattoo on his left shoulder and arm that reads “UPTOWN” and drives a vehicle with a Pennsylvania license plate."

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...#ixzz3TvbngrtP

New article from one of the two big local papers. So happy to see media coverage. This paper reaches everyone in the area. A week late, I'm afraid.

http://www.timesleader.com/news/home...ews/152261375/

Caldwell’s oldest brother, Franklin Brown, said Monday that his sibling left without taking his wallet, keys, car or cell phone.

“He would never leave without his cell phone,” Brown said. “He doesn’t go to the bathroom without his cell phone.”

Brown, 31, of Philadelphia, said that although his brother is a private person who refrains from using social media, he is not one to simply not show up for his job as a counselor or avoid his small, tight-knit group of friends.

Prior reports have given inconsistent descriptions of Caldwell’s size and confused the spelling of his name, but his brother clarified that Caldwell, a black male of light complexion, stands at 5 feet 11 inches and weighs 150 pounds.

According to Brown, detectives are currently investigating his brother’s disappearance, but could offer little in the way of updates Monday afternoon.

Could a mod possibly edit the title? "Caldwell" is the correct spelling.

AR-303099969.jpg

Bumping - hoping to get the last name corrected!

Brandon J Caldwell - B/M/29 - Luzerne County - Wilkes-Barre - 2 Mar 2015

Brandon J Caldwell - B/M/29 - Luzerne County

5' 11" -- 150 Lbs. -- Brown Eyes w/ Glasses -- Black Hair -- Beard -- 2/27/86

"Uptown" Tattoo -- SuperMan Sign Tattoo

Black Sweater -- Black Dress Pants -- Black Wool Short Coat -- Blue & Tan Boots

NO Cell Phone -- NO Jewelry -- NO Wallet -- NO Identification

Day 9

Find Brandon FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/FindBrandonCaldwell

Includes Photo

Mon., Mar. 9th: Times-Leader©: http://www.timesleader.com/news/home...ews/152261375/

Sun., Mar. 8th: NBC Philadelphia: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...#ixzz3TvbngrtP

IRC NUMBER: 150040052

A$ Alway$: PA Crime$topper$ -- 1-800-4PA-TIPS - https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/

This is very frustrating to me because I am familiar with Wilkes Barre - it is not a particularly large city. I think this man could be found if there was interest in looking for him. He was missing for over a week and the only reason anyone heard about him was because reporters outside of Philly were lumping him in with Deirdre Magolon as a recent missing person from PA.

WBPD... well, I really don't trust that they care AT ALL about this guy. NEPA is not exactly at the forefront of racial equality. Reading the comments on the newspaper article people are basically just writing him off as some gangster involved in violent crime although there is zero indication that is the case. The family had to beg LE to look into this. There have been no searches, no fliers, no evening news stories.

I'm hoping that things just got a little hectic for him in WB and he needed to get away for a bit. He has only been in WB a little over 3 months, so maybe he wasn't ready for the change in his life and went back to a familiar place. I know I've left the familiarity of home for a new job and it's not easy.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    I'm hoping that things just got a little hectic for him in WB and he needed to get away for a bit. He has only been in WB a little over 3 months, so maybe he wasn't ready for the change in his life and went back to a familiar place. I know I've left the familiarity of home for a new job and it's not easy.
    Very true - WB is a great place to be if you want easy access to the big cities in the tristate. It is simple enough to catch a bus to Philly or NYC. It's alarming that he didn't take his phone or wallet, though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast