GA GA - Patricia, 34, & Robert 'Monty' Woody, 30, Bartow County, 25 April 1990

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A new tack is being taken by the Bartow County Sheriff's Office in an attempt to learn new information about the shocking murders of Patricia Ann Woody, 34, and Robert "Monty" Woody, 30, in their home, April 25, 1990.

The Woodys were found stabbed in their home, Ann Woody also strangled, just inside the front door, and Monty Woody in a bedroom, also severely beaten. Not enough evidence was found at the time or since to result in an arrest, although some possible suspects have been considered at various times.

BCSO Investigator Mark Barrere is asking readers to look at the accompanying excerpts from a letter the sheriff's office came across about four years ago. He would only say that investigators believe the note was written prior to the murders.

"We want people to look at their yearbooks, things like that, to see if they can correlate the handwriting," he said.
http://www.daily-tribune.com/NF/omf/daily_tribune/news_story.html?[rkey=0034895+[cr=

The link did not work for me. I am interested in reading this one. I live in the area.

Stuff like this makes me crazy. It's been 15 years, they have no clue who brutally murdered these two people.

PUT THE WHOLE LETTER OUT IN THE PUBLIC. They need help solving this, and releasing some teeninsy bit of something they think could be a great clue is wasteful. There is a psycho out there, or several, who did this to the Woody's. It's not like they're not on the trail of the killers and don't want to make a false move.

Sorry to rant.

Since money and drugs are an unlikely motive., I wonder if Monty was having an affair with a married/involved woman and her significant other found out about it. It doesn't seem like a sex crime and the beating shows violence and anger to Monty. I wonder if the police throughly interviewed his co-workers?

I agree that the whole letter needs to be published to generate more theories and leads!

GEORGIA BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION -- UNSOLVED HOMICIDE
1990 Bartow County Double Murder
CASE INFO
Incident Date: Wed, 04/25/1990
Place Body Found : In their single family home on Rudy York Road just outside the city limits of Cartersville

Victim #1: Robert M. Woody
Hgt: 5'4"
Wgt: 161 lbs.
Occupation: Mechanic at a battery reconditioning business in Cartersville

Victim #2: Patricia A. Woody
Hgt: 5'1"
Wgt: 92 lbs.
Address: 35 Rudy York Road, Cartersville
Found: April 25, 1990 at 1:30pm
Found by: Robert's employer

On Wednesday, April 25, 1990, at 1:30pm, the bodies of Robert M. Woody and his wife Patricia Ann Woody were found in their single family home on Rudy York Road just outside the city limits of Cartersville.

The bodies were discovered by Robert's employer who had gone to the home when Robert failed to show up for work that morning. Robert had been beaten and stabbed and Patricia had been strangled and stabbed. The Woody's were last seen alive at 11pm the previous evening, Tuesday, April 24, 1990, when they left a friend's residence in Patricia Woody's car. Investigators think the murders occurred sometime between midnight and 3:00am on April 25, 1990.

Because there were no signs of forced entry into the home, investigators believe the assailant knew the victims and that Robert was the target of the attacks. Patricia became a victim because of her mere presence in the residence that night.

Anyone with information on these murders or on the Woody's is asked to contact the Bartow Sheriff's Office at 770/382-5050 or the GBI Tip Line at 1-800-597-TIPS.
http://gbi.georgia.gov/case/unsolved-homicide-365

Victims' families donate funds to shelter
The Daily Tribune
by Mark Andrews
November 24, 2012

While the 22-year-old double homicide case in Bartow County remains open, the families of Patricia Ann Woody and Robert Montgomery Woody recently donated nearly $11,000 of reward money raised for information to the Flowering Branch Children’s Shelter.
snip
Patricia Ann Woody’s cousin Vicki Harrison said Woody’s mother, Jean Jefferson, originally planned to donate the funds to a children’s shelter after a period of time, but maintained hope that someone would come forward with information. Jefferson passed away June 24 of this year and her husband passed away in 2008.

“[Jefferson] said in the event she passed away, let’s go ahead and find a children’s shelter and donate to them,” Harrison said.
^^Much more at the link
Posted: Thursday, August 4th 2005 at 7:15am
snip
Investigators hope a cryptic handwritten note will lead them to new evidence in the 1990 slaying of a couple found dead in their home. The Bartow County sheriff's office is publicizing the note in case someone recognizes the handwriting or detects some other clue in the deaths of Robert "Monty" Woody, 30, and Patricia Ann Woody, 34.

The brief message says simply:
"Monty. I've decided to leave early. Sorry I couldn't say bye. Thanks for helping me (and) I wish you luck!"

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a photo(S) of this couple.

Thanks

Outside of the box theory...

Perhaps they had a woman staying with them and or helping her that was going through a separation from a relationship that involved a very controlling jealous man. Perhaps she was hiding from him for a time, trying to decide what to do. They/ he were helping her.........The killer/exboyfriend found out where she was. She got scared and left early without saying goodbye.................Monty. Ive decided to leave early. Sorry I couldn't say bye. Thanks for helping me.........
Perhaps the killer showed up that night looking for her. And they were killed because they didn't know where she was.

I know that no one has written on this forum in a very long time but I am looking for some information on the Woody's case. The GBI only gives a brief overview of the case but do we have any knowledge of why anyone would do this? Did the investigators interview their family, coworkers, friends? Did anyone have a grudge against them? This is close to home and I am interested in learning more about this case since it is still not solved. Anything helps.

I know that no one has written on this forum in a very long time but I am looking for some information on the Woody's case. The GBI only gives a brief overview of the case but do we have any knowledge of why anyone would do this? Did the investigators interview their family, coworkers, friends? Did anyone have a grudge against them? This is close to home and I am interested in learning more about this case since it is still not solved. Anything helps.
I'm Patricia Ann Woody's cousin.

I'm Patricia Ann Woody's cousin.
Do you have any information on this case? anything at all. I can't seem to find very much other that what GBI has posted up on their site. And I can't get the files through a FOIA request because according to them this is still an open case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Emmachabada
Back