849 users online (126 members and 723 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Tim Bosma: Dellen Millard & Mark Smich chgd w/Murder; Christina Noudga, Accessory #3

There's stuff happening right now in court. I just got in and there are many tweets from Susan Clairmont right now. Will post stuff here since the other thread is still gone:

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont 2h 2 hours ago
    The surprises just keep coming at courthouse today. I'm now waiting on an appearance by Tim Bosma's accused killers, #Smich and #Millard.

Crown Tony Leitch has told me I may be excluded from courtroom if this is a judicial pretrial matter. #Bosma #hamont

Lawyers have just been called into chambers. #Bosma #smich #Millard #HamOnt

Lawyers back in courtroom. #Smich and #Millard are about to be brought in.

Justice Stephen Glithero, who will be the trial judge, is presiding.

Felled Millard is in prisoner's box. Hair is longer and greasier than I've seen before. Clean shaven. Looking to see who is in courtroom.

Wearing grey jacket. Will share box with Smich who is now here. He's wearing black and white striped shirt.

Glithero asking each to identify himself. Telling court they are going to discuss things that could be of a "controversial" nature.

usan Clairmont @susanclairmont 1h 1 hour ago
    Ordering today's hearing will be held in camera. Glithero spoke with me in front of court. Asked if I wanted to consult @thespec lawyer.

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont 1h 1 hour ago
    Even though I said yes, Glithero advised he was going ahead with today's proceedings regardless. And then I was dismissed.

Just to be clear -- all members of the public have been ordered to leave the courtroom. Including Hank #Bosma, Tim's father. #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont 55m 55 minutes ago
    All the lawyers are on a 15 minute break. Crown Leitch says judge has told them to go and talk. About what, I have no clue. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont 20m 20 minutes ago
    Lawyers going back into courtroom. And I'm still out in the hall...

There are other tweets between Susan and other reporters that you may want to read: https://twitter.com/susanclairmont

So what is going on? Was this a scheduled court appearance? Is this appearance because of Christina Noudga's choice to not have a prelim hearing? Is there a plea? Very very curious!

Is the case being fast tracked because Noudga is supposed to appear in court for pretrial motions in March?

Wow, matou, I wonder what is up.

It's pretty late in the day for so much excitement...after 5 pm...shouldn't they be calling it a day?

Glithero...[t]elling court they are going to discuss things that could be of a "controversial" nature.

Perhaps pleading on TB and LB?

The Conservatives are moving to make life mean life, without parole http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle22646714/

If they took a deal, 25 years to parole, that might be considered controversial.

Samantha Craggs ‏@SamCraggsCBC 5m5 minutes ago
    I'm at a Millard & Smich court appearance but for some reason, the public isn't allowed in. No explanation given #HamOnt #sl

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    There's stuff happening right now in court. I just got in and there are many tweets from Susan Clairmont right now. Will post stuff here since the other thread is still gone:

The surprises just keep coming at courthouse today. I'm now waiting on an appearance by Tim Bosma's accused killers, #Smich and #Millard.

Crown Tony Leitch has told me I may be excluded from courtroom if this is a judicial pretrial matter. #Bosma #hamont

Lawyers have just been called into chambers. #Bosma #smich #Millard #HamOnt

Lawyers back in courtroom. #Smich and #Millard are about to be brought in.

Justice Stephen Glithero, who will be the trial judge, is presiding.

Felled Millard is in prisoner's box. Hair is longer and greasier than I've seen before. Clean shaven. Looking to see who is in courtroom.

Wearing grey jacket. Will share box with Smich who is now here. He's wearing black and white striped shirt.

Glithero asking each to identify himself. Telling court they are going to discuss things that could be of a "controversial" nature.

usan Clairmont @susanclairmont 1h 1 hour ago
    Ordering today's hearing will be held in camera. Glithero spoke with me in front of court. Asked if I wanted to consult @thespec lawyer.

Even though I said yes, Glithero advised he was going ahead with today's proceedings regardless. And then I was dismissed.

Just to be clear -- all members of the public have been ordered to leave the courtroom. Including Hank #Bosma, Tim's father. #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont 55m 55 minutes ago
    All the lawyers are on a 15 minute break. Crown Leitch says judge has told them to go and talk. About what, I have no clue. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont @susanclairmont 20m 20 minutes ago
    Lawyers going back into courtroom. And I'm still out in the hall...

There are other tweets between Susan and other reporters that you may want to read: https://twitter.com/susanclairmont
    BBM - That is highly unusual. They wouldn't typically do this because the accused can communicate with each other. And in court none the less, not via satellite. Are they ready to plead guilty?? Both accused would be privy to most if not all of the disclosure by now. JMO. :O
    Rest in peace Tori, Tim and Jeremy.

"On May 6th, the devil led the vilest form of evil down my driveway and it smiled at me before it took Tim away." Good always triumphs over evil. Keep the faith, justice will prevail. .

I have a feeling this has to do with Noudga. JMO

I think earlier someone had posted the court rule 28-05 where it says courtrooms need to be closed for pre trial conferences. Maybe they don't want to ignore court rules and bring the administration of justice into disrepute. Could be a possibility. JMO IMO

What could possibly be of a controversial nature in this case that would cause the public and reporters to be excluded from the courtroom?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~Aristotle~

SC from the CBC https://twitter.com/SamCraggsCBC is there waiting on the story with SC of the Hamilton Spectator https://twitter.com/susanclairmont

Is court still on at 6 pm? Pretty strange.....

Is court still on at 6 pm? Pretty strange.....
    Some courts stay open all night from what I have heard JMO

Quote Originally Posted by puppyraiser View Post

What could possibly be of a controversial nature in this case that would cause the public and reporters to be excluded from the courtroom?
    hmm well I wonder what would be controversial - something that is or would cause a bit of a controversy. Maybe something that no-one has been expecting ? Maybe something that needs to kept quiet ? The mind boggles !

Quote Originally Posted by swedie View Post
    BBM - That is highly unusual. They wouldn't typically do this because the accused can communicate with each other. And in court none the less, not via satellite. Are they ready to plead guilty?? Both accused would be privy to most if not all of the disclosure by now. JMO. :O
    How would pleading guilty be controversial? Aren't guilty pleas regular occurrences in courts?

Is the case being fast tracked because Noudga is supposed to appear in court for pretrial motions in March?
    I haven't checked with court records lately. Where did youhear Noudga has pre-trial motions in March? Thx in advance.

Page 1 of 64 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast