1127 users online (285 members and 842 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Wayne Millard: Dellen Millard Charged with Murder in the First Degree #2

Cops investigate possible link between suspect, his father's death
    Updated 7:53 pm, May 17th, 20137:34 pm, May 17th, 201
    TORONTO - Police have confirmed they are reviewing the death of Wayne Millard, the father of a man now charged with the kidnapping and murder of a Hamilton, Ont., man.
    Homicide squad Staff-Insp. Greg McLane said Friday investigators are continuing to look into Dellen Millard's Toronto connection when it comes to the suicide death of his father last year, as well as a possible connection to a missing person case.
    Investigators looking into other cases in connection with Dellen Millard
    CTV Kitchener
    Published Friday, May 17, 2013 3:11PM EDT
    Last Updated Friday, May 17, 2013 6:37PM EDT
    The suicide of Dellen Millardís father and the search for a missing woman are both being investigated by police as possibly connected to the death of Tim Bosma, CTV News has learned.
    Police say Toronto homicide detectives have reopened their investigation into the death of Wayne Millard last November.
    The death, which took place at the home shared by Wayne and Dellen Millard, was originally ruled a suicide.
    Last edited by Coldpizza; 07-30-2013 at 11:51 AM.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Continue this topic discussion here.

Previous thread:

Thread #1

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by SnooperDuper
    And on motive, I was just re-reading the exchange when DM posted (at first in the third person, then first person) in response to CM's death on the AVCANADA forum. Someone then asked if DM was WM's son and someone else called that a "b****slap".

WM had a bad rep among pilots?
    Quote Originally Posted by SnooperDuper
    http://www.avcanada.ca/forums2/viewt...24967&start=25 page 2/2
    Thanks for the link. If you read from page 1, the person who is being replied to with the "b****slap" comment - his post was in regards to and in response to another poster being hypocritical. The "slap" was to the first poster, not about WM.
    The truth does not cease to exist because it is ignored. ~ Aldous Huxley

The report from Jim Junkin where he mentions that Wayne Millard made an announcement to his family that he was in love and had plans to get married.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/21/po...ellen-millard/

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    The report from Jim Junkin where he mentions that Wayne Millard made an announcement to his family that he was in love and had plans to get married.

http://www.citynews.ca/2013/05/21/po...ellen-millard/
    See notes further down where the Jim Junkin report is discussed:

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2014...e-millard.html

Yes I read those notes before. However, JJ doesn't use the work 'fiancee', but that WM "was in love" and to be married. I don't think he confused DM's engagement and that had likely already ended anyway. The announcement to his family is what seems off I guess. Who did he announce this info to? And who is this lady?

Yes I read those notes before. However, JJ doesn't use the work 'fiancee', but that WM "was in love" and to be married. I don't think he confused DM's engagement and that had likely already ended anyway. The announcement to his family is what seems off I guess. Who did he announce this info to? And who is this lady?
    I don't see the difference between having a fiancee and being in love and getting married. I think that, if it wasn't a mistake, at least some of the other MSM reports would have carried the story.

I would love to know how Dellen treated his father in real life. His closest friends would know. Did he have tantrums, fly into a rage if he didn't get his way. Did he make financial demands on his dad?
    Last edited by matou; 03-07-2015 at 02:00 PM.

Was he able to control his father therefore he chose to live with him instead of his mother?

Was his soiree with his mother and ex-fiancee out of the norm or spontaneously and urgently arranged by HIM? Whose idea was it to get together that night?

Was he able to control his father therefore he chose to live with him instead of his mother?
    If WM's priority was drinking with the blinds drawn, no doubt he was happy every second DM was out of the house, whatever DM was doing. If WM was in the habit of indulging himself, no doubt he indulged DM quite a bit as well. How could he not? I don't think WM exercised a lot of control over DM, just because how can you demand things of others when you have your own issues of self control? Certainly kids of alcoholics learn their parents routines and how to play them...wait until they have had a few drinks so they are relaxed, then start pestering them so they throw money at you so you will go away and just let them relax.

Can you have a normal home run by a functional alcoholic? IMO no, there are basic personality flaws in the substance user: they are lacking some basic coping skills.

Our parents are our models, and we learn to live and cope by following their example. It is interesting that WM once lived a live where he exercised a lot of self control and focus (piloting) but I gather that through DM's youth WM was basically retired. I.e., the WM DM knew wasn't exactly a driving achieving controlling sort of personality. WM had sort of retreated from life by the time DM came into his IMO.

IMO CM could have been a really strong character, WM a quite weak one. DM grew up being led by someone trapped in a bottle, while his grandfather was a big personality, with personal power and a big legend (as promoted by WM). Try and get a sense of yourself amidst that contrast. DM might have seen WM in the shadow of CM and thought very poorly of him on that account. CM made WM and DM equals by making them co-heirs to his real estate. If DM saw himself as more like CM than WM, he might have felt he was the one that should be in charge, especially in light of WM's addictions.

I would love to know how Dellen treated his father in real life. His closest friends would know. Did he have tantrums, fly into a rage if he didn't get his way. Did he make financial demands on his dad?
    Did he patiently put up with his father's over-drinking? Did he have enough of his own money to not need to make any "demands" on his father? Did he worry about his father ending up broke, broken and ruined?

Is there even a realistic need to control any parent when all are adults? All one needs to do is walk away. It's not like he would have been left with nothing as it appears there were some considerations to him in CM's will.

Was his soiree with his mother and ex-fiancee out of the norm or spontaneously and urgently arranged by HIM? Whose idea was it to get together that night?
    Was it perfectly normal to go out together occasionally, remaining on good terms? Were they even out together that night, or did a frantic call just happen to result in the others arriving before LE?

Quote Originally Posted by SnooperDuper View Post
    If WM's priority was drinking with the blinds drawn, no doubt he was happy every second DM was out of the house, whatever DM was doing. If WM was in the habit of indulging himself, no doubt he indulged DM quite a bit as well. How could he not? I don't think WM exercised a lot of control over DM, just because how can you demand things of others when you have your own issues of self control? Certainly kids of alcoholics learn their parents routines and how to play them...wait until they have had a few drinks so they are relaxed, then start pestering them so they throw money at you so you will go away and just let them relax.
    <rsbm>

Drinking with the blinds drawn? It seems that most knew about it so I don't think he cared too much about hiding it. How do you know WM didn't enjoy having the boys around to drink with? I doubt that anyone living with a 27 year old child was making a lot of demands on that child. The only demand you could make by that time would be to demand that they leave your house. But then, they did both own that house, so one could leave just as easy as the other if they didn't like being that close.

A few drinks so they are relaxed? Ready to throw money at you so you will go away? It seems you have only encountered, or only imagined, one type of alcoholic in your life. There are many who are not relaxed or willing to give you anything to make you go away. Quite the opposite IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Alethea Dice View Post
    It's not like he would have been left with nothing as it appears there were some considerations to him in CM's will.
    Do you have a source for this? My understanding is CM left everything to WM and never had a close relationship with DM.

In contrast, WM inherited from his mother before CM died.
    Author of Dark Ambition: The Shocking Crime of Dellen Millard and Mark Smich

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast