CA-Charmayne Maxwell, 46, Brownstone's singer, dead, in bizarre accident?

It doesn't sound right to me. I know when I have fallen whatever I was holding went flying so my hands were free to help break my fall. Why didn't the husband call for an ambulance? Very strange and tragic.

From your link Wendy:

"A broken wine glass caused fatal puncture wounds to the back of her neck"

That doesn't make sense to me....wouldn't you fall forward so the broken glass would be in front of you? How did she suffer puncture wounds to the back of her neck then?

Confusing and very odd.

Exactly what my husband and I were discussing! I will be interested in the complete autopsy report.

The suggested scenario is totally implausible in my view - even from the point of view of basic physics.

Unless she chucked the wine glass over her shoulder so that it happened to hit the ground break and be in just the right place to puncture her neck and just in time for her to fall backwards onto it - sounds like complete baloney!

How do they know she fell while holding it? She wasn't found until later. She could have dropped it, walked away from the glass to find something to clean it up with, and slipped and fallen backwards into it. MOO

Sounds very fishy to me. If you fall onto a wine glass, would you be likely to die instantly? Not too likely. Would you not come back into the house from the porch or patio and seek help? Would you not hold a towel or something to your neck until you bled to death? Unless this is very poorly reported, it certainly seems impossible to me. Was she found actually lying on top of this wine glass? Had she also knocked herself out? Did she fall off a chair? Very, very strange.

With extremely bad luck puncture wounds in the back of the neck could mean the spinal cord was damaged and inability to seek help even if alive for a while afterwards.
I know somebody who injured their spinal cord that way (the glass was on the floor and she fell on it) but she survived to tell the tale.

Since there was an injury to the back of the head, it's possible the 46-year-old was knocked unconscious as she bled to death from the two wounds in her neck, the sources said.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-died-neck-cut-glass-report-article-1.2134879

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back