GUILTY UK - Rebecca Watts, 16, Bristol, 19 Feb 2015 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Concern grows for missing teenager Rebecca Watts
23 February 2015

Rebecca Watts was reported missing after not returning to her home in St George, Bristol.

Officers said it was "out of character" for her not to contact somebody if she had planned not to come home.

More officers were assigned to the investigation over the weekend. She is described as white, 5ft 4ins (1.6m) tall with long red hair.

It is thought she was wearing a blue puffa-style jacket on the day she went missing.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-31588003

9556377-large.jpg

http://www.bathchronicle.co.uk/8203...tory-26088969-detail/story.html#ixzz3TEcOHiB9

Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4

Media Thread

The Rules

https://www.facebook.com/pages/FIND-Rebecca-WATTS/350338381836726

https://www.facebook.com/avonandsomersetpolice?fref=ts

Rebecca Watts Case Map credit to skibaboo

Stepbrother charged with Becky Watts murder in Bristol
4 March 2015

Nathan Matthews, the stepbrother of missing 16-year-old Becky Watts, has been charged with her murder, Avon and Somerset Police have said.

His girlfriend, Shauna Hoare, 21, has been charged with intending to pervert the course of justice.

The pair are due to appear before Bristol Magistrates Court at 10:00 GMT on Thursday.

Four other men and a woman are being questioned on suspicion of assisting an offender.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-31737528

Please continue here for Becky

:rose:

Becky Watts: stepbrother charged with murder
5 March 2015

TVR5ka5.jpg

A candle burns besides a photograph of Becky Watts at St Ambrose Church
Photograph: Matt Cardy/Getty Images

The stepbrother of Becky Watts will appear in court charged with her murder exactly two weeks after the 16-year-old vanished from her home.

Nathan Matthews, 28, is to appear at Bristol magistrates court on Thursday alongside his girlfriend, 21-year-old Shauna Hoare, who is accused of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Security around the court in the centre of Bristol, 2 miles from where body parts were found on Monday night, will be tight as anger grows over the killing of the popular teenager.

[...]
Becky’s uncle, Sam Galsworthy, told ITV News: “It was the most undignified end to a beautiful life, full of promise. As her family, it’s hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. But we know it is there and the support from family, friends and the nation will help us find that light.

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 1m1 minute ago
Nathan Matthews is now in the dock. Wearing a blue t-shirt. Confirms his name and address.

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn 42s43 seconds ago
Nathan Matthews is leaves the dock and will appear via video link at Bristol crown Court tomorrow.

Julian Druker ‏@Julian5News · 2 mins2 minutes ago
Nathan Matthews was wearing a blue t shirt. Unshaven. No reaction as murder charge read out #BeckyWatts

Jon Kay ‏@jonkay01 · 1 min1 minute ago
We are now waiting for Shauna Hoare to come into court. She is charged with intending to pervert the course of justice. #BeckyWatts

Julian Druker ‏@Julian5News · 36 secs36 seconds ago
#BeckyWatts: Shauna Hoare appears before Bristol Mags. Nods as told why she can't be bailed

Rupert Evelyn ‏@rupertevelyn · 1 min1 minute ago
Shauna Hoare now in the dock. Wearing a dark blue shirt. No application for Bail. Preliminary hearing on the 2nd April

Deleted as someone put the wrong dates up ...... all clear now

Why would the charge dates be between February 18 and March 1 ?

I can understand the February 18 date, they always tend to go from the day before .......but why Monday March 1, because the suspicion of murder charge was not done until Tuesday March 3
Would it be that police believe Becky was killed some time between those dates but aren't at this time able to narrow it down? Time of death is usually worked out from post mortem which they can't carry out fully I'm guessing as they only have body 'parts' :(

Would it be that police believe Becky was killed some time between those dates but aren't at this time able to narrow it down? Time of death is usually worked out from post mortem which they can't carry out fully I'm guessing as they only have body 'parts' :(

Sorry, someone put the wrong dates up - the dates are now shown as February 19 to March 3 which makes more sense...

Interestingly, SHs dates are February 19 to February 28 - presumably as she could no longer pervert the course of justice once she was arrested

Am not going to link this article but the other 5 names are all being shown now in MSM

Can anyone tell me why NM will appear again tomorrow via video link? Could that mean he has more charges?

I wonder what SH's lies were about specifically - did she give him an alibi? I'd say the fact she's only been charged with perverting the course of justice, rather than assisting an offender, suggests either that she didn't know what he'd done or that if she did, they can't prove it.

Have to say I'm very glad for the sake of their daughter that she doesn't seem to have been involved in the murder itself.

Can anyone tell me why NM will appear again tomorrow via video link? Could that mean he has more charges?

All criminal court cases start in a magistrates' court but they can't deal with such a serious charge so it is passed to a crown court to deal with. He will appear before the Crown Court tomorrow. Same thing will happen, confirm name, address & DOB and be remanded in custody pending trial.

I wondered if it might have to do with bail? In the Mirror it quotes the judge as saying "As we all know, this case will have to go to the Crown Court. I cannot entertain any application for bail this morning and thus I will remand you in custody until tomorrow." With SH the Twitter quotes above suggest there was no application for bail, so she was just given a date for the next hearing.

I wonder what SH's lies were about specifically - did she give him an alibi? I'd say the fact she's only been charged with perverting the course of justice, rather than assisting an offender, suggests either that she didn't know what he'd done or that if she did, they can't prove it.

Have to say I'm very glad for the sake of their daughter that she doesn't seem to have been involved in the murder itself.

But being held without bail suggests a level of seriousness. Having 'consistently' lied to police about this, I doubt that she will be allowed to parent the child for a while. She failed to protect her child from the unfolding events, in fact chose to protect the offender.

Anyone else notice that SH(P) is getting a harder time than NM both on MSM and social media??? Despite him being the one charged with the actual murder...!!
Wonder why.......maybe because she's a female??
Interesting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members