Found Deceased WV - Frances Wartenburg, 33, Kanawha County, 21 Feb 2015

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Gsu0gZWe.jpg

Kanawha County Deputies Looking For Missing Woman
ST. ALBANS, W.Va. – Kanawha County deputies are investigating a missing person from the Jefferson and St. Albans areas.

Francis Ann Wartenburg, 33, was last seen around Feb. 21, according to a news release from the Kanawha County Sheriff’s Office.
http://www.wchstv.com/news/features...ng-For-Missing-Woman-99050.shtml#.VPh-lfnF9p8

I believe maybe she spells it two different ways? Her FB page is spelled Frances but her cousin posted something on her own page and spelled her name "Francis".

It used to be years ago, old school, that the spelling of Frances is feminine.
The spelling of Francis is masculine.

I was taught in school how to remember which was which.

Francis is "His". Emphasis on the "i", for him or his. The "i' in Francis correlates to the "i" in his or him.

Frances is "Her". Emphasis on the "e", for her or she. The "e" in Frances correlates to the "e" in her or she.

That being said, I understand that people spell first names a variety of ways nowadays, to be unique.

With her age, though, I would think that her parents probably named her (wrote her name) the old school way,
as in Frances. (perhaps named after someone, as that is an old traditional name, imoo.)

Some people don't know the old school way, so perhaps, that is why there is an issue of the spelling of her first name.

All My Humble Opinion, Of Course.

That being said....
I hope she is found safe and soon!

It used to be years ago, old school, that the spelling of Frances is feminine.
The spelling of Francis is masculine.

I was taught in school how to remember which was which.

Francis is "His". Emphasis on the "i", for him or his. The "i' in Francis correlates to the "i" in his or him.

Frances is "Her". Emphasis on the "e", for her or she. The "e" in Frances correlates to the "e" in her or she.

That being said, I understand that people spell first names a variety of ways nowadays, to be unique.

With her age, though, I would think that her parents probably named her (wrote her name) the old school way,
as in Frances. (perhaps named after someone, as that is an old traditional name, imoo.)

Some people don't know the old school way, so perhaps, that is why there is an issue of the spelling of her first name.

All My Humble Opinion, Of Course.

That being said....
I hope she is found safe and soon!

Thanks! Never knew that.

Her brother, SW, posted in the WSAZ link that she spells her name Frances, with the E.

I informed him (the brother) of this thread and told him to feel free to join us in our discussion if he wants to.

Family still searching for answers in case of missing St. Albans woman
ST. ALBANS, WV - A family is still holding out hope in finding their missing loved one.
Frances Ann Wartenburg, 33, of St. Albans was reported missing on March 4, 2015. She was last seen on February 21, 2015.

Wartenburg is of thin build, and is "short in height", according to family members. She has hazel eyes and dark brown, short hair. Family members say she does not have her phone on her.
http://www.wowktv.com/story/2863611...or-answers-in-case-of-missing-st-albans-woman

MISSING IN AMERICA: Frances Wartenburg - Find Frances Wartenburg Facebook Page
frances_hat_872ba07314dd431fefd5c327a7344531.nbcnews-ux-520-520.jpg

Frances was last seen on February 22nd, 2015 leaving a birthday party for her cousin's child in Jefferson, West Virginia. She reportedly went to her boyfriend's home then left to catch a ride back to her mother's house in St. Albans, according to her family. That's when things get fuzzy.

Whether the 33-year-old caught a ride or not is unknown.

"There are a lot of different stories out there," Sgt. Brian Humphreys told Dateline. "But anytime someone is missing for this length of time, there is cause for concern."

The Kanawha County Sheriff's Office is investigating the case. Sgt. Humphreys said they are unable to release any leads at this time as the investigation is ongoing. Officials were able to confirm the last official sighting of Frances was February 22nd.
http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/missing-america-frances-wartenburg-n336671

Family pleads for information on missing Winfield woman
Two months after Frances Wartenburg disappeared without a trace, her family and friends are continuing their efforts to learn where she went or what happened to her.

Wartenburg, 33, of Winfield, hasn’t been seen or heard from since February 22. A friend, Allison Thaxton, said Wartenburg went missing from her boyfriend’s Jefferson apartment, where a phone and driver’s license were found, along with clothes and personal items.

Kanawha County Sheriff’s Detective Ana Pile said the department is working hard to find the woman, but so far no evidence has been found as to her wherabouts. Pile did not say whether criminal activity is suspected in the disappearance.

“Anytime a person is missing for this length of time without contacting their family, an investigation is conducted,” Pile said. “While it isn’t necessarily a criminal investigation, we thoroughly document the circumstances and search for answers in ways similar to criminal investigations. Evidence has been collected, records are being reviewed, and people are being interviewed.”

Sandra Wartenburg, Frances’ mother, said in a statement that hope is waning with each passing hour that her child remains missing. A Facebook group with more than 1,300 members has been organized to help spread the word, but so far, Pile said it’s been difficult to determine the value of any tips.

“I want her back,” Sandra Wartenburg said. “My life is not the same because I see her from a distance and hear her voice, then I realize my eyes and ears are playing tricks on my heart. You could never know my pain unless you have lived this.”

- See more at: http://www.charlestondailymail.com/article/20150422/DM01/150429760/1277#sthash.oqr10JqZ.dpuf

Multiple media outlets report a woman's body was pulled from the Ohio River in Ohio Saturday. Police are investigating if it is 33-year-old Frances Wartenburg, who has been missing since February 22 after leaving a birthday party in Jefferson, West Virginia. Family says it took them days to realize the woman was missing and details of her disappearance are hazy. She may have traveled home to St. Albans in western West Virginia.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news...ating-if-body-found-in-river-is-missing-woman

At least one family member believes the body is Wartenburg; her brother wrote on Facebook that the body was his sister.

“Our search for Frances has come to a sad end,” Shirde Wartenburg wrote in a Facebook group established to raise awareness of Wartenburg’s disappearance. He could not be reached for comment by the Gazette on Monday.

http://www.wvgazette.com/article/20150504/GZ01/150509772

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back