What if...

Dani_T

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I was just wondering the other night what Darlie could ever say which would shock the socks off us all about who committed the murders... and I came up with an idea (well at least it would shock the socks off me).

Now I am not suggesting this is even remotely possible or plausible (please hear that!) but I wanted to see if anyone could come up with evidence to shoot it down in flames (mainly to see how well we know our evidence). I'm not talking about opinions on Darlie or Darin's behaviour etc but actual physical evidence. I personally haven't really put it to the test yet.

Again- I'm not suggesting it is even a remote possibility (not the least because I also don't think there is any evidence to support it either) and in some ways I am reluctant to even post it because I'm not sure if even speculating in this fashion is fair on the person involved... but here goes...

What if in the next little while Darlie was to come out and say that she honestly did not kill her kids but she was covering for Dana. What if Darin had never taken Dana home that night? Can the evidence refute it?

Dani_T said:
What if in the next little while Darlie was to come out and say that she honestly did not kill her kids but she was covering for Dana. What if Darin had never taken Dana home that night? Can the evidence refute it?
I have tossed this one around already, and we just don't know much about Dana and the evidence at all. I don't see how we could shoot it down in flames. The state did not go into much detail about things that were not directly linked to Darlie, and occassionally Darin. I don't think they ever gave us any isolated information about how it applied to Dana at all.

I don't think she did it though. I am not totally convinced she wasn't there when it happened, but that could be easily shot down with her boyfriend's testimony on what time he got in that night and if Dana was home when he got there. Even that is not available to us.

Who called the cops? Who told them lies about the crime scene? Who had injuries that didn't match those of the murder victims? No one else has a motive, even though Darlie's doesn't make sense either. No one had anything to gain by the boys' deaths except maybe a new life for the Bimbo.

If her jewelry were taken then maybe I could believe some crazed intruder was there. There have been no other such murders around there and dammit, how did that knife used to cut the screen to get in end up being one of the ones from the butcher block? No one outside could have done it and no one inside had any reason to kill two little boys that way, thrusting a knife deep through their bodies while gently making sure not to cut too deep on Darlie. Conclusion:

DARLIE DID IT.

:laugh: :laugh: She went to death row covering for someone else? :laugh: yeah, right!

I am a firm believer Darlie did it. I believe I made it more than clear that I was speaking completely hypothetically. If that wasn't clear then please go back and reread my post.

I don't think there is any evidence that it was anyone other than Darlie. I was wanting to see if anyone could come up with any physical evidence which refuted the hypothetical I posed.

Dani_T said:
I am a firm believer Darlie did it. I believe I made it more than clear that I was speaking completely hypothetically. If that wasn't clear then please go back and reread my post.

I don't think there is any evidence that it was anyone other than Darlie. I was wanting to see if anyone could come up with any physical evidence which refuted the hypothetical I posed.
You did make your position clear. I was not trying to direct the questions at you. The questions are what any person who knows the facts of the case are going to ask whenever anyone else is suggested as a possibility. No one makes good sense, but anyone but Darlie makes even less sense.

I guess I just don't understand what hypothesis you are trying to make unless you have evidence to support it to begin with? Too many variables for me to what if about. Maybe someone else can.

Darin doing it makes way more sense than Darlie doing it.

Dani_T...why Dana? And if Goody's already tossed it around a bit...by all means...fill me in...why would that even occur to either one of y'all?

Dani_T...why Dana? And if Goody's already tossed it around a bit...by all means...fill me in...why would that even occur to either one of y'all?

Because as I said I was thinking the other night 'What could Darlie come up with that would really shock me' and that idea came to me. I don't believe there is any evidence to support it, I feel very uncomfortable even using it as a test case (because I'm not sure it is fair to Dana) and I'm not suggesting it is even a possibility.

All I was looking for was to see if anyone could find any known evidence from the scene to disprove it- as a test case.

Let's just forget I mentioned it OK? Obviously I am not making myself clear.

Who called the cops? Who told them lies about the crime scene? Who had injuries that didn't match those of the murder victims? No one else has a motive, even though Darlie's doesn't make sense either. No one had anything to gain by the boys' deaths except maybe a new life for the Bimbo.

If her jewelry were taken then maybe I could believe some crazed intruder was there. There have been no other such murders around there and dammit, how did that knife used to cut the screen to get in end up being one of the ones from the butcher block? No one outside could have done it and no one inside had any reason to kill two little boys that way, thrusting a knife deep through their bodies while gently making sure not to cut too deep on Darlie.

I think, if you take the hypothetical I proposed, that you will find a lot of those questions are either irrelevant or answerable. The hypothetical was not some random intruder.

No....don't forget you mentioned it. I think it's fun to throw stuff like this around. It was Goody who threw me for a loop when she said she had tossed this around too. It strikes me as really strange that two of you, at least, thought....what if Dana did it. Now I'm suspicious that y'all are keeping secrets from me. TELL WHAT ABOUT Y'ALL KNOW ABOUT DANA...or I'll....or I'll hold my breath!:p

accordn2me said:

So then if Darin did it, he cut Darlie's throat, etc? And she is not telling on him? Yeah, sure.

accordn2me said:
No....don't forget you mentioned it. I think it's fun to throw stuff like this around. It was Goody who threw me for a loop when she said she had tossed this around too. It strikes me as really strange that two of you, at least, thought....what if Dana did it. Now I'm suspicious that y'all are keeping secrets from me. TELL WHAT ABOUT Y'ALL KNOW ABOUT DANA...or I'll....or I'll hold my breath!:p

Honestly, we know nothing about Dana (well at least I don't) beyond the fact that she was in the house that night, allegedly driven home around 10.30 by Darin and has been very quiet on the whole issue (did not testify even though she was the last two see both of them that night and very small media appearances).

No secrets being kept. I don't for a moment think it was her (no evidence)- just sharpening up evidential skills with the hypothesis.

Cowgirl said:
So then if Darin did it, he cut Darlie's throat, etc? And she is not telling on him? Yeah, sure.

I didn't say Darin.

accordn2me said:

Because she was there that night and we didn't get to hear from her at trial. And except for the Leeza show, I don't think she has ever granted an interview either.

I only tossed around the possibility briefly that Dana might have been involved in the murders. I seriously doubt that, but she might know something and I am sure she could shed a whole bunch of light on what was going on with Darlie in that time period and esp that night, which exactly why she probably won't talk.

I said Darin doing it makes more sense than Darlie doing it. He had motive, more than she did. The problem with Darin doing it, is Darlie covering for him. That goes both ways though. I can't believe she did it while he slept and he doesn't know it was her.

accordn2me said:
I said Darin doing it makes more sense than Darlie doing it. He had motive, more than she did. The problem with Darin doing it, is Darlie covering for him. That goes both ways though. I can't believe she did it while he slept and he doesn't know it was her.
Motive is the only part that astounds me. I am sure she did it. I think he is a big enough doofus to believe she didn't do it. But who would murder their kids for such a pittance of money? They spent every bit of the insurance on burying them. So she just didn't want them around any more. What a biatch. Could it be post partum? If the crime scene was legit, I would believe her story. It just does not work. The screen, the blood, her cut--all of it. It just doesn't work. Sometimes I wonder if she just flipped out at one of them and then felt she had to kill the other one and pretend the intruder story. It just makes no sense at all.

Her motive couldn't have been money - at least not insurance money. With Darlie dead, Darin stood to collect a significant amount of money by some standards. Unless they were banking on book deals, movies, magazine interviews and such, money couldn't have been it.

Have you seen the photo of Damon's back on the justicefordarlie site? Those small cuts that are circled in red freak me out. What in tarnation could those be? I can't imagine! They sort of lend credence to the flipped out explanation.

You say if the crime scene was legit you could believe her. For the sake of argument, forget the screen for now, what is it about the blood that doesn't add up for you?

accordn2me said:
The problem with Darin doing it is that Darlie was wearing the cast off blood from the knife. That points at her, not him. She was the one who raised the knife and stabbed the boys. The evidence proves that. The only question for Darin is: Did he know it was going to happen and did he do anything to stop it?

Cowgirl said:
Sometimes I wonder if she just flipped out at one of them and then felt she had to kill the other one and pretend the intruder story. It just makes no sense at all.
That is a strong possibility.

accordn2me said:
Her motive couldn't have been money - at least not insurance money. With Darlie dead, Darin stood to collect a significant amount of money by some standards. Unless they were banking on book deals, movies, magazine interviews and such, money couldn't have been it.
Well, Darin did a lot of talking after the murders about all the money they were going to make writing a book. Part of it is in his testimony. Quotes from others he spoke to about it are in some of the books. And he didn't waste any time selling his story rights after Darlie was arrested.

Well, there could be a third question... did he do anything to cover it up... which I think he did. I truly do not think he had anything to do with the murders, and nor do I think he knew they were going to happen, and nor do I think he did anything to stop them because I don't think he saw them taking place.

I know I don't really have anything to contribute here, but I am enjoying all of you bantering ideas around. All of you are soooo much better educated on this case than I am that I know enough to stay out of it!

So, having said the above and knowing full well it has nothing to do with this conversation, I have wondered if Darin and Dana might have been "seeing" each other on the sly, and that Darlie perhaps either suspected it or knew about it. Knowing Darlie, and the fact that she was molested during her younger years, her rage would be directed at Darin (and possibly men/boys) and not Dana. What if during their "fight" that night, when Darlie said she wanted a separation, Darin agreed and even went so far as to say, "suits me, I'll just start seeing your sister" (as sort of a strike back at Darlie, to let her know he still appealed to other women)... which perhaps was enough to push Darlie over the edge. A conversation along those lines could be enough for Darin to feel like he "caused" the events of that night... and even more so if he was actually "seeing" Dana.

I don't mind being attacked on the above... it's no doubt filled with holes... and it's all speculation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back