SIDEBAR #46 - Arias/Alexander forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
The holdout shouldn't have ever been on the jury, they couldn't present any scenario that she could sentence anyone to death. To her, it was "revenge".

Didn't buy at all what defense tried to sell

Beth Karas pointing out how they didn't hear everything the first jury did and they needed to hear it and did they need to explore it
They didn't have complete access to a lot of the stuff it appears and it was 11-1 in this trial...... :sigh.
I can't imagine how hard it was for the 11 of them to not clock this holdout especially since it seemed very apparent to them that it was not for a "valid" reason.

Says that if that had more things like Hughe's or Travis's diaries, it wouldn't have mattered to that juror, one says.
so pretty much nothing would have prevented this
Another juror: I pretty much think JA is a psychopath. I have nothing to say to JA, don't want to give her any more attention
Another juror: My personal feelings, think she is awful person but now would ask her at least give that family the truth and she says she is remorseful and hasn't told truth, goes to her character. No remorse and writing that letter to family was low blow.
Regarding note about switcing juror did she know about the note being sent: They were open and transparent, read it out loud in room, told that juror if roles reversed I wouldn't want foreperson to send this note behind back. She apparently wrote her own note as well.

This was before the vote because of what she was saying "I feel" not backing anything up. She came in thinking she would see a monster b/c that is what she saw on news/movie and she didn't

So she apparently doesn't know the difference between the real world and tv.....

They asked her what it would take to deserve death penalty and she couldn't answer and that to the male juror was frustrating because she couldn't articulate her opinion, she never went undecided, it was life and no explanation.

The only victory Kirk Nurmi can speak of his his murderess client was spared the death penalty and it was only because of 1 juror. 11-1 Nurmi !

Seriously how did she get on with her abusive background? That was vetted during selection.

Says there may have been some exaggeration in jury room, she said absolutely yes to believing in DP but she couldn't present scenario where she'd vote for it.
She used the words it was revenge so if you believe in DP you wouldn't say that.
Resounding yes to that juror should not have been on DP case.
Thought it was very strange that neither of JA's parent went on stand and say yes this happened, spoke volumes

I think I am typing all this because I just can't believe what I am hearing so I need to memorialize it to make sure later this is all true

Her testimony was so forced and rehearsed, she wouldn't be able to convince us she felt bad

At least we are hearing that these people saw exactly what we have been seeing the whole time

Besides the Alexander family, I feel terrible for the 11 jurors who wanted to see justice served. They must be so angry and wrung out. That stupid, stupid woman.

(con't from closed thread)

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 37m37 minutes ago
The jurors said it was so hard to avoid all the talk and media and they would constantly have to ignore people #jodiarias #3tvarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 37m37 minutes ago
jurors liked Judge Sherry Stephens. #jodiarias Thought she has a lot of heart.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 38m38 minutes ago
"i felt like a lot of things the defense said about Travis were low blows." #JodiArias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 38m38 minutes ago
Jury felt defense "low blow" #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 38m38 minutes ago
Jurors seem to like Judge Stephens...huh. #jodiarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 38m38 minutes ago
Jurors thought defense trashed the victim. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 38m38 minutes ago
The defense gave "low blows" to Travis Alexander #jodiarias #3tvarias

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 38m38 minutes ago
When I was at #JodiArias jury selection, I saw a man dismissed because he admitted he saw the Lifetime movie.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 38m38 minutes ago
jury got "bits and pieces" -- only snippets, not the whole picture. #JodiArias

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv 38m38 minutes ago
Jurors offended by defense's portrayal of Travis Alexander #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 38m38 minutes ago
Jurors explaining that it was difficult to get just bits and pieces. #jodiarias

Jury didn't have access to all evidence. #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 38m38 minutes ago
Jury says hard at sentencing retrial because they just got bits and pieces of exhibits and evidence. #jodiarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 37m37 minutes ago
One juror says the Chris and Sky Hughes letter swayed her a bit. But she wishes there was more evidence from the Hughes's. #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 37m37 minutes ago
Q: what's your message to #JodiArias ?

A: I don't dare!

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 37m37 minutes ago
The Chris Hughes/Sky Hughes letter was huge and one juror thought maybe emotional abuse existed but in the end it wasn't enough #jodiarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 37m37 minutes ago
#JodiArias Jurors react to Hughes email. One juror said it gave her troubles

Email from Sky & Chris Hughes out of context had a negative effect on jury. Wanted to hear more from them. #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 43m43 minutes ago
When asked what message they have for #jodiarias , Juror #4 says, with a little chuckle... "I don't dare

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 43m43 minutes ago
"I wish we had access to testimony from prior phases of the trial." it was frustrasting to not have things or find them. #JodiArias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 43m43 minutes ago
jurors say they have no message for #jodiarias. "I don't dare..." to say it, one juror declares.

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 44m44 minutes ago
Did not have full access to testimony from 1st trial. It was frustrating. #JodiArias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 43m43 minutes ago
Jurors thought they put Travis on trial. #JodiArias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 43m43 minutes ago
Jurors keep mentioning that #TravisAlexander was put on trial

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 44m44 minutes ago
Jurors did not understand why they didn't have Travis' journal. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 43m43 minutes ago
One female juror wanted to read Travis's journals #jodiarias #3tvarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 45m45 minutes ago
they don't believe ANYTHING would have swayed the holdout juror. #JodiArias

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 45m45 minutes ago
FYI: The Lifetime movie aired June 22, 2013. #jodiarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 44m44 minutes ago
"I actually think she's a psychopath" Says female juror #jodiarias

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 45m45 minutes ago
One juror says #JodiArias is a psychopath.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 45m45 minutes ago
"I actually think she's(#JodiArias ) a psychopath." If it wasn't travis, she would have killed someone else.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 46m46 minutes ago
Juror: I think #jodiarias is a psychopath. I have nothing to say to her. Don't want to give her any more attention.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 46m46 minutes ago
Opinion of Jodi Arias

She's a psychopath #jodiarias #3tvarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 47m47 minutes ago
"i think #JodiArias is a terrible person"

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 46m46 minutes ago
"I think she's an awful person, I think she's terrible." #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 46m46 minutes ago
Another juror: I think #jodiarias is an awful person. I would ask her to at least tell Alexander family the truth.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 47m47 minutes ago
"At least give that family the truth" juror says to #jodiarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 47m47 minutes ago
"at least give that family the truth of what happened," -- #JodiArias showed no remorse.writinng the letter to TA's fam was low blow.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 47m47 minutes ago
Jodi is a terrible person for what she did. Jodi needs to tell the family the truth about what happened #jodiarias #3tvarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 47m47 minutes ago
Jurors disgusted by the 18-page condolence letter #jodiarias wrote to the Alexander family after murdering Travis.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 46m46 minutes ago
jury says they were open about their request to replace holdout juror. Read their note in front of her. She wrote her own note. #JodiArias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 46m46 minutes ago
jury says nothing holdout was saying was evidence-based. All "I feel", "I feel". #JodiArias
---------------

That $%#^ juror sounds like a Lawrence person - "How do you feeeeeeeeeeeeel?' BAH

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 46m46 minutes ago
Juror says the issue with the hold out was that she has seen too much pretrial publicity (Lifetime movie, news) #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 46m46 minutes ago
Jury says the hold out watched the news and it was worth the risk to get an alternate to replace her #jodiarias #3tvarias

I hope the defense team listens to the jurors' statements. This was no "win" for them - 11 jurors wanted death and Jodi would have received the death penalty if not for one stealth juror. If she truly had likes on her FB that included The Secret, The Law of Attraction, etc., she clearly was one of the nutcase Jodi supporters.

The jurors were pretty clear they did not like the constant T-Dogg, Travis bashing testimony, the *advertiser censored* and computer testimony, felt the trial was dragged out by the repetitious testimony (one juror stated "we got it!!"), said Jodi never expressed remorse, her testimony seemed rehearsed and there was no real emotion, and they didn't like the tactics such as Jodi and the defense team trying to make eye contact. Seems to me the defense team is a epic failure. They just got lucky.

And they will forever be known for their sleazy tactics during this trial as they go forward with their careers. I don't think any of them, including most of their defense "experts" will be viewed favorably. JMO. FWIW.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 48m48 minutes ago
Some jurors felt hold out juror was against death penalty. #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 48m48 minutes ago
1 juror says: I think dissenting juror expected to see #jodiarias as a monster, didn't, and was persuaded she shouldn't be killed.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 49m49 minutes ago
Jury asked holdout what would have deserved death and she wouldn't answer. #JodiArias

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 48m48 minutes ago
Jury says the post-murder letter #JodiArias wrote to Travis Alexander was a "low blow."

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 48m48 minutes ago
Jury says they asked hold out what it would take some someone to deserve capital punishment. She couldn't answer. #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 49m49 minutes ago
The jury asked the hold out what it would take for someone to get capitol punishment and she wouldn't answer #jodiarias #3tvarias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 49m49 minutes ago
Juror #4 says when hold out was asked what a person could do to deserve the DP and she couldn't answer that ?. #jodiarias

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 48m48 minutes ago
Jury says the holdout refused to explain her reasons for why she would only vote "life." #jodiarias

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 47m47 minutes ago
WOW. #JODIARIAS HOLDOUT WAS SEEN MY MANY JURORS AS HAVING ENTERED JURY AGAINST THE DP. THAT WOULD BE JUROR MISCONDUCT

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 50m50 minutes ago
"The death penalty would be revenge." Said hold out juror. #jodiarias

Hold out kept using the words "revenge" #jodiarias

they all think it's strange that #JodiArias famikly never got up there. Parents on the jury say they'd have pled for their kids lives.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 49m49 minutes ago
This is heartbreaking. #jodiarias

juror says she assumed #JodiArias had the chance to talk to them and didn't. Expressinng remorse wouldn't have changed her mind.

I am sorry but if JSS knew this juror refused to deliberate and refused to replace her. JSS should be sanctioned by the Arizonia Bar.

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 49m49 minutes ago
#JodiArias' testimony was so forced and rehearsed.

The testimony outweighed saying remorse. was "forced and rehearsed." #JodiArias

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 50m50 minutes ago
Jurors say when she was testifying it was rehearsed, no remorse. #jodiarias

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 50m50 minutes ago
The more I listen to these jurors talk about the holdout, the more I wonder how she ended up on the jury in the first place. #jodiarias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 50m50 minutes ago
#jodiarias sounded "rehearsed" in her private testimony for jury.

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 50m50 minutes ago
juror thought media and public were kicked out for security reasons. #JodiArias

Wild About Trial 2 ‏@WildaboutTrial2 50m50 minutes ago
"#JodiArias' testimony was so forced and rehearsed." Says female and male juror

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper 50m50 minutes ago
They thought for security reasons is why #JodiArias didn't get back on the stand.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 50m50 minutes ago
Jury thought media was removed during secret testimony for security reasons #JODIARIAS #3TVARIAS

Dave Erickson ‏@ericksonvision 50m50 minutes ago
Jury says it felt #JodiArias' secret testimony was rehearsed, forced, and had no feeling.

Jen's Trial Diaries ‏@TrialDiariesJ 50m50 minutes ago
Young blond juror was hoping to be an alternate #jodiarias #3tvarias

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 50m50 minutes ago
couple of jurors were hoping to be alternates bc they knew the deliberations would be emotional and tough. #JodiArias

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 49m49 minutes ago
6 security officers in this news conference along with jurors. #jodiarias

Juror #4 didn't know a whole lot about this case. He walked in and saw #jodiarias and said to himself "Oh crap"

Regardless of what JA received, the judge should be brought to task for not replacing this juror when she was told about her actions. This very thing was done in the Scott Peterson jury. A man was taken off!! How could the judge leave her there knowing she would not "hear the other side"? this judge should be removed. All she has to do now is screw it up more with LWP.. which doesn't exist anymore !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave