735 users online (86 members and 649 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #2

Please continue your discussions here.

Please remember to provide links to any attachments, reports, thumbnails photos you post. There will be no discussions on race in this thread.

Also remember it is okay to criticize DT, judge, etc. but do not bash them or your post will be removed.

First?
    ***RIP TIMOTHY BOSMA***

***RIP TRAVIS ALEXANDER***

***RIP CAYLEE ANTHONY***

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    In hindsight, it was sort of remarkable the complete lack of emotions shown by the defense team when the non-verdict was announced. Could that be because they already knew what the outcome was going to be ??

Had "their" juror managed to pull it off ?

This needs to be investigated further, and not by JSS either.

This lone juror was either there by her own choice, or she was hired to be there. She wouldn't participate, she wouldn't deliberate, and she had an obvious agenda......disrupt the process.

This posted on Juan Martinez Prosecutor Support FB page
    Interesting to say the least. Why back in October 2014, did Judge Stephens want to speak in chambers to Holdout Juror 17? ??? This according to Beth Karas October 2014 post.
    Beth Karas

Jury is sent home until Monday morning. The judge asks juror #17 to stay behind. Nurmi waives Arias's presence for whatever they are doing in chambers. Attorneys meet with judge in chambers now. Arias follows them in--I guess her presence is not waived.

Quote Originally Posted by Softail View Post
    What really pisses me off is that she was right. "No jury will convict me".

No she wasn't. She is convicted and will never ever be out of prison. Where she is living now is a breeze compared to where she will end up.

JA is never right. EVER.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by smeck View Post
    Good catch on BK's part!!!
    Beth Karas

Jury is sent home until Monday morning. The judge asks juror #17 to stay behind. Nurmi waives Arias's presence for whatever they are doing in chambers. Attorneys meet with judge in chambers now. Arias follows them in--I guess her presence is not waived.

This was just posted on Juan Martinez Support FB page...this "meeting" happened in October
    Bringing this over from last thread. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark,

"She loved him so much that this is what she did to him, there are no mitigating circumstances in this case. None, the only just punishment is death."

"The time for honouring yourself, will soon be at an end. . .highness"

Quote Originally Posted by Softail View Post
    What really pisses me off is that she was right. "No jury will convict me".

Oh I don't agree...she was convicted at first trial!

It is funny but today listening to the jurors there were things about this case that I just forgot. They reminded me of stuff but I think that what was so remarkable is that they got her. They knew that she is not remorseful that she feels nothing for anyone but herself. That she is just a hideous life force.

That said I hope I am never in this position. Must be so hard to know what is right and then have someone ignore the rules and just refuse to participate.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

Silver lining time, peeps!
    It's over. No appeals, no fancy death row representation, no anti-death groups screeching about sparing her, no last minute stays. Now, she rots in jail.

Born and raised in Texas, 25 years in Arizona
    Even the news media has stopped just shy of calling this a "rigged jury". For now anyway.

Can someone give me a link to the texts of Jodi and Travis? I keep seeing them being referred to but am not able to read them myself. TIa

I hope the Alexanders are all huddled together somewhere and just knowing that this jury knew Travis and did not accept the lies and crap that the DT threw at them. I hope somehow that gives them comfort.

Video of Juan Martinez answering questions at the Arias press conference - in case anyone missed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmqb...tu.be&t=21m14s
    Love is my religion. I can no more give my body without my soul than I can give my soul without my body. Despite my youth, I sometimes feel I am in the autumn of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by steelman View Post
    Even the news media has stopped just shy of calling this a "rigged jury". For now anyway.
    It does feel that way doesn't it? I am curious about the reports that the judge met with this juror before.

Page 1 of 82 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast