823 users online (153 members and 670 guests)  

Websleuths News

ID - LE investigate Canyon County couple's report of missing dog found in pieces

Authorities investigate Canyon County couple's report of missing dog found in pieces
    A Canyon County couple told a local TV station that their dog went missing, someone sent them threatening texts about the dog, and then pieces began appearing in their yard.

KIVI-Channel 6 reported the story Wednesday. Roxy and Bob Ledford said their dog Sissy, a 3-year-old Chihuahua Terrier mix, disappeared about four months ago. They searched and put up flyers to try to find her.

Channel 6 reported that the Ledfords said they received threatening messages about the dog, including this: “If you want to see Sissy again, you’ll do what I say.” The couple said they recently began finding parts of a dog — which they believe is Sissy — in their front yard.

"The owner of the dog came in on Monday evening and stated that someone had thrown her dog's dismembered front legs on her door step," West Valley Humane Society operations director Cherisse Faulkner told the Statesman.
    Read more here: http://www.idahostatesman.com/2015/0...#storylink=cpy
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

Canyon County sheriff: No foul play found in dog's death

March 10th 2015:

A small dog that went missing in Canyon County last fall appears to have been the victim of a mauling by another animal...

Last week, more of the dog's body parts — a leg, head and neck — were found in a nearby field, according to sheriff's office spokesman Joe Decker.

"There were bite marks on the top of the dog's head," Decker said. He said they do not know if the bite marks are from another dog, a coyote or some other animal.