1159 users online (202 members and 957 guests)  

Websleuths News

MA - Deepak Jahagirdar for sexually assaulting plane passenger, Boston, 2002

Man sentenced to seven years for assaulting woman sleeping on plane

BOSTON (AP) A man was sentenced Thursday to more than seven years in prison for sexually assaulting a woman sleeping next to him on an airline flight.

Deepak Jahagirdar, 55, a former health care executive from Scottsdale, Ariz., was convicted in April of sexually abusing and having abusive sexual contact with the woman, then 22.

The woman was traveling alone and returning to Boston from a vacation in Texas in 2002 when she said she awoke to find Jahagirdar sexually assaulting her.

The case was transferred from state to federal court because the assault occurred in mid-flight.

The woman, now 25, did not speak at the sentencing hearing. She wiped away tears after U.S. District Judge Mark Wolf announced the sentence.

http://www.courttv.com/news/2005/080...ssault_ap.html

Wow... people aren't safe anywhere

I swear, if I had woken up to find somebody touching me...I'd have to beat their arssss.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    I swear, if I had woken up to find somebody touching me...I'd have to beat their arssss.

I'm with you darlin!!! Someone would have drawn back a stump.