1112 users online (237 members and 875 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NH - Boy, 3 mos, with skull fractures, 17 broken bones, Newmarket, 3 March 2015

http://www.wmur.com/news/newmarket-m...thold/31625948

Investigators said the boy was taken to Exeter Hospital on Saturday after suffering a seizure. He was then airlifted to Boston, where doctors found evidence of two skull fractures and 17 broken bones, from his ribs to his toes, police said.

Orta-Santana waived his arraignment and didn't appear in court. According to court paperwork, investigators believe some of the boy's injuries date back to around the time he was born.

This poor baby! It makes me sick!
    Vermont born and raised!

That is so terrible. And I doubt it was from brittle bone disease! What that poor baby must have been through and the pain he must have felt all his short life. And no one noticed that he was being abused?

http://www.newhampshire.com/apps/pbc...whampshire1407

You won't believe what this poor excuse of a father is saying now! Mom did not want to know or knew and did not care. Apparently, this kid missed his two week and two month appointments at the pediatrician's office or he would not have been in these people's custody when his pos dad punched him in the head on the day he was admitted to the hospital.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by RT51 View Post
    http://www.wmur.com/news/newmarket-m...thold/31625948

Investigators said the boy was taken to Exeter Hospital on Saturday after suffering a seizure. He was then airlifted to Boston, where doctors found evidence of two skull fractures and 17 broken bones, from his ribs to his toes, police said.

Orta-Santana waived his arraignment and didn't appear in court. According to court paperwork, investigators believe some of the boy's injuries date back to around the time he was born.

This poor baby! It makes me sick!
    He broke his TOES???!!!! So this guy went to the effort of specifically taking hold of his tiny toes and bent them until they broke. I guess he was running out of other bones to break on the little guy. What a POS.
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    http://www.newhampshire.com/apps/pbc...whampshire1407

You won't believe what this poor excuse of a father is saying now! Mom did not want to know or knew and did not care. Apparently, this kid missed his two week and two month appointments at the pediatrician's office or he would not have been in these people's custody when his pos dad punched him in the head on the day he was admitted to the hospital.
    Oh yeah, Mom had to know if she didn't take him to his checkups. But can you blame her, I'm sure she was afraid of losing such a great catch if he went to jail.

And it would be pretty hard to not notice all the swollen appendages the baby was sure to have had. Thank goodness he is expected to live.
    Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that one animal their world is changed forever! -Unknown

From last month:

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS/150709510

A Newmarket man accused of fracturing his infant son’s skull and breaking several other bones will likely plead insanity at his trial in September, according to a notice filed by his public defender...

According to the affidavit, Orta-Santana eventually broke down crying and told police that he had hit the infant “a few times,” and had not been getting enough sleep. Orta-Santana confessed that he punched the infant three times in the head, then noticed that the infant’s head had begun to swell...

Orta-Santana’s trial is scheduled for Sept. 8 in Rockingham Superior Court.

U2forever is offline Outside, is America. Outside, is America. America...
    OMG, this breaks my heart to pieces. Jose Orta-Santana is a poor excuse for a human being and father. I pray he never sees the light of day, plus, he needs to be castrated.
    Physically castrated not chemically castrated.

I was unable to finish reading the graphic details this POS did to a helpless angel and that's rare for me.
    It takes considerable force to fracture an infants bones as they are not rigid like adults. Infant bones are soft and pliable.

Infant skeletons are not composed of the same rigid bones as adult skeletons. Instead, infant bones are composed of a temporary cartilage, which forms into bones over time as the body matures.

Trial delayed.

According to court documents, Orta-Santana has said he would often become frustrated with the infant's crying, and was suffering from sleep deprivation. He admitted to holding the infant with one arm while punching him in the head, and to throwing the infant onto a bed so hard he would bounce into the air.
    A plea offer was made to Orta-Santana, but not accepted. According to court documents he is awaiting a mental health evaluation in preparation for his insanity defense.

Orta-Santana's public defender, Amy Beaton, was not available for comment on the planned insanity defense on Tuesday. Orta-Santana is being held at Rockingham County Jail on $100,000 cash-only bail, and his dispositional conference is scheduled for Oct. 9 at 9 a.m. No new trial date has been set.

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS/150909864

So losing sleep because an infant is in the house = insanity? Yet he knew right from wrong well enough to lie about the baby's injuries.

U2forever is offline Outside, is America. Outside, is America. America...
    Yea, his insanity will not hold up. He should have taken the plea, not that I care. He's e.v.i.l. Sleep deprivation doesn't make one try and kill their own baby. LWOP! jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk