Teen charged with stealing two bicycles and a goat

zwiebel

Reaction score
Police arrested an 18-year-old Southeast Portland man Tuesday on accusations of stealing two bicycles and a goat named Penelope.

Sgt. Pete Simpson, a Portland Police Bureau spokesman, said detectives arrested Oleg Stepanovich Plyushchev after they learned he was attempting to sell a reportedly stolen bicycle on Craigslist.

Following an undercover op, Plyushchev was also found to be advertising a dwarf goat for sale which had been reported stolen in August last year He's been charged with theft and released on his own recognizance.

Does anyone else find it a little disturbing that the goat - tethered in a yard, was reported to have gone missing sometime between 3.30am in the morning and 12.45 in the afternoon? It doesn't seem right to me that any animal should be left tethered for that long, unattended. In fact....I don't think goats should be tethered at all.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/...and_man_arrested_for_alle_1.html#incart_river

It was a dwarf goat so the 10 foot tether was like a 20 foot tether for a full size goat. Maybe the owner wanted the lawn cut in a circular pattern.

Why a goat and two bikes? :crazy:

I was going to say something like FleaSpirit said. Like,"As long as the goat could reach the whole yard . . ." In my younger, poorer days, I lived in a neighborhood where this was not abnormal!

Why a goat and two bikes? :crazy:

Obviously he stole the goat to put in the soup pot. After a few days he decided to keep it as a pet instead, but he needed to feed it. He stole some bicycles to sell for goat food. Et voila.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back