NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

astridxx

Reaction score
http://www.wncn.com/story/28029017/robeson-county-teen-missing-after-car-found-in-field

Sara Nicole Graham, age 18, of Fairmont left home from the 4000 block of Center Church Road to drive to work at the Walmart in Pembroke Wednesday morning at 6:30 am, said Robeson County Sheriff Kenneth Sealey.

However, Graham did not show up for work, which she should have by 7 am.

(modsnip)

The car was found empty, parked in a wheat field on the edge of a forest along East McDonald Road between Chicken Road and Centerville Church Road, Sealey said.

(modsnip)

Sheriff Kenneth Sealey asks that anyone with information about Graham's disappearance to call 910-671-3170, which is the Robeson County Sheriff's Office.

SBHack's Case Map

Thread #1

Screen Shot 2015-03-05 at 8.31.14 PM.png

These are the cell towers. There was one closer to her van. So either she didn't have the phone on in the car, or she never made it outside the range of the tower closer to her house with her cell phone on.

So it seems no one can prove she even left the house, her pings don't prove that she left the area around her house, her car never made it anywhere with a camera. The van was clean of her belongings and called in only a few hours after her disappearance. (Question: is it possible LE called it in themselves because it was sitting in the field a bit, near the tree line? I could see an officer passing by, finding that suspicious and calling it in.) We haven't heard anyone else's DNA being found in the van and we don't even think they checked the van, why wouldn't they? Because there wasn't blood or anything?

I don't understand anything here. It seems like everyone thinks Sara ran away from how they've treated the case. But it's been a month, she hasn't surfaced? What's happening with her bank account? Does ANYTHING prove that she ran away? Did she take clothes? Stuff? Did she have cash stored away?

I've been trying to answer the question, "Why did we think Sara took her cell phone?" And here is the answer:
Officials are working to contact anyone Graham may have seen or spoken to before her disappearance. A search of her computer and phone records turned up little information. Graham’s cell phone appears to be off, Sealey said.
http://www.robesonian.com/news/news/151718228/Command-post-set-up-in-search-for-missing-teen
Since we can read that they have searched her cell phone records and Sheriff Sealy says they believe the phone to be off, we know they do not have the phone. So Sara didn't leave the phone at home as she apparently did leave everything else. But she never arrived at work.

Now you might ask me how do I know she left everything else? And I'm not sure if I've ever actually been told this directly but Sara obviously left everything else or it would not have been believed that she didn't run off, wouldn't run off, and it wasn't like her to do anything like that.

That's when a thorough and somewhat lengthy search ensued but nothing was found. No purse left behind with cell phone, debit card, and identification. The van was "clean;" even the keys were taken.

Feb. 20, 2015

The long awaited update:
Sealey said he and others involved in the search are “hoping and praying” Graham is unharmed.

“We’re hoping that she’s left with friends and just hasn’t told anybody,” he said.
http://www.robesonian.com/news/news/151969986/Nothing-new-in-search-for-Fairmont-teen

What's changed? Did the phone ping revealing something about her whereabouts? Debit card use possibly. Was she captured on surveillace tape ? These are things law enforcement would be looking for. Because when people take their phone in their purse with their debit card and ID they generally plan to use them in the future. Otherwise why take them? So while they may not know where she is, perhaps they have not yet made that determination, nothing else would get them hope. LE should be forthcoming about why they have hope.

March 6, 2015

Update just in: Robison County teen missing for over one month. Major Anthony Thompson says, "the disappearance is strange because it's as if she has just vanished." That says to me they have no reason to hope, at least not yet.

http://www.carolinalive.com/m/news/story?id=1173259
ETA: new link http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1173259#.VPnU2_nF-Hg

Yes, that article that says "it's as if she has just vanished..." would say to me that her bank cards/accounts have not been used. Do you all agree?

Yes, that article that says "it's as if she has just vanished..." would say to me that her bank cards/accounts have not been used. Do you all agree?

Agree with you and don't think Sara has vanished or stayed vanished of her own free will, just no chance, in my mind.

I truly wish to be wrong on this, because the alternative of her being safe and sound and off on her own, for some existential reason choosing to leave all who love her behind, seems better, but not probable.

View attachment 70658

These are the cell towers. There was one closer to her van. So either she didn't have the phone on in the car, or she never made it outside the range of the tower closer to her house with her cell phone on.
j
So it seems no one can prove she even left the house, her pings don't prove that she left the area around her house, her car never made it anywhere with a camera. The van was clean of her belongings and called in only a few hours after her disappearance. (Question: is it possible LE called it in themselves because it was sitting in the field a bit, near the tree line? I could see an officer passing by, finding that suspicious and calling it in.) We haven't heard anyone else's DNA being found in the van and we don't even think they checked the van, why wouldn't they? Because there wasn't blood or anything?

I don't understand anything here. It seems like everyone thinks Sara ran away from how they've treated the case. But it's been a month, she hasn't surfaced? What's happening with her bank account? Does ANYTHING prove that she ran away? Did she take clothes? Stuff? Did she have cash stored away?

This is what inspired me to write down my thoughts. It was so beautifully written, passionate and understandable. Thinking about the cell phone towers, the lack of pings which would've identified where she was, what route she took to work, just got me started thinking - you don't take a phone with you planning to never use it.

Everything just went from there. Stayed up late trying to finish my thoughts. Finally decided I had to get some sleep. Came back this morning, messed up my document and lost half of it. :facepalm: Maybe it's better this way.

This is what inspired me to write down my thoughts. It was so beautifully written, passionate and understandable. Thinking about the cell phone towers, the lack of pings which would've identified where she was, what route she took to work, just got me started thinking - you don't take a phone with you planning to never use it.

Everything just went from there. Stayed up late trying to finish my thoughts. Finally decided I had to get some sleep. Came back this morning, messed up my document and lost half of it. :facepalm: Maybe it's better this way.

They can find her ping for the entire week. just get in touch with her provider. this would tell her route and they can estimate time.

Why park a car out in a field near woods with no cameras around?

(1) She was forced to park there. MOO - Unless someone was in the car when Sara started it, there is only one place along her assumed route that I could see that someone could get in where she stopped *without being seen by anyone/no houses nearby* -- at the turn from Centerville Church Rd. to McDonald Rd. They would have to get in the car, travel a very short distance down the road, force her to park off the road, force her into their vehicle while leaving no obvious fingerprints and would have to rely on no one else coming up within that time frame. The only thing that stands out to me is, if this person was the same to call in the van, this would effectively give them a "reason" to have their fingerprints on the van (they checked to see that the doors were locked) which is a possibility if they were a stranger.

(2) She decided to park there on her own volition. MOO I've said previously that suicide (or also, accidental death while alone) seems like a possibility, and honestly, at this point, it feels like more of one to me. Her profile pic on FB is not of her and doesn't evoke happy emotions. She's pretty private. No friends have spoken out on her behalf, no one seems to know her well, and we've only even heard from one member of her family, who spoke very little to say what she's like. Again, MOO, but a big move like that, no friends, isolated in a small town... it could make anyone depressed. It's possible that she stopped at the first place that didn't have houses so she could walk through the woods and have time to herself, and then didn't/couldn't come back to her car.

(3) Someone else parked the van there post-abduction or carjacking. MOO - Police would know based on fingerprints on the steering wheel, seat placement, etc -- but not a perfect science. This one would be hard to prove.

(4) Someone parked the van there (known to Sara). I don't have a lot to say on this because WS is victim friendly. Again, mentioning all possibilities; there is the fact that no one can prove Sara left the house and no one can prove when she was last alive, and that's all I'll say.

Anyone want to add anything? Bringing this map forward, thanks SBHack https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zC5gj3l6KPzQ.kzsZyMaMSzqU

Maybe just me over thinking here, but what else would you list on a missing person flyer other than a Walmart Blue vest? And do you put that on at home and then go into work or do most people dress, go to work and then, once at work put on your vest? Did she wear jeans, a shirt under the vest? How cold was it the day she left for work, it was early am, 6:30 so did she ever wear outer ware? A coat? The Walmart vest would be something you could just take off, and now you have your street cloths on, so why just mention the vest? I know I have a tendency to sort of over think it, but anyone work at Walmart? Do you put the vest on at home? Just wondering. I used to wear a work vest, I put it on once I got to work. I hated it, LOL

Why park a car out in a field near woods with no cameras around?

(1) She was forced to park there. MOO - Unless someone was in the car when Sara started it, there is only one place along her assumed route that I could see that someone could get in where she stopped *without being seen by anyone/no houses nearby* -- at the turn from Centerville Church Rd. to McDonald Rd. They would have to get in the car, travel a very short distance down the road, force her to park off the road, force her into their vehicle while leaving no obvious fingerprints and would have to rely on no one else coming up within that time frame. The only thing that stands out to me is, if this person was the same to call in the van, this would effectively give them a "reason" to have their fingerprints on the van (they checked to see that the doors were locked) which is a possibility if they were a stranger.

(2) She decided to park there on her own volition. MOO I've said previously that suicide (or also, accidental death while alone) seems like a possibility, and honestly, at this point, it feels like more of one to me. Her profile pic on FB is not of her and doesn't evoke happy emotions. She's pretty private. No friends have spoken out on her behalf, no one seems to know her well, and we've only even heard from one member of her family, who spoke very little to say what she's like. Again, MOO, but a big move like that, no friends, isolated in a small town... it could make anyone depressed. It's possible that she stopped at the first place that didn't have houses so she could walk through the woods and have time to herself, and then didn't/couldn't come back to her car.

(3) Someone else parked the van there post-abduction or carjacking. MOO - Police would know based on fingerprints on the steering wheel, seat placement, etc -- but not a perfect science. This one would be hard to prove.

(4) Someone parked the van there (known to Sara). I don't have a lot to say on this because WS is victim friendly. Again, mentioning all possibilities; there is the fact that no one can prove Sara left the house and no one can prove when she was last alive, and that's all I'll say.

Anyone want to add anything? Bringing this map forward, thanks SBHack https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zC5gj3l6KPzQ.kzsZyMaMSzqU
Very nicely thought out. I wonder why even bother to put the van at a second location if it was an abduction off the road. f you can get the person to stop the van, and you can get them out, and you have a car or van to put them in, just leave the van. No reason to lock it up or take it anywhere unless you are trying to buy some time. Also if you are expected at work and you get kidnapped before you go in, does that also buy you time? or is that a big red flag that you didn't show up for work and someone calls about you not showing up? How did they know that a cops daughter not showing up for work wouldn't set off alarms? The more I think about it, the more I just think she walked away or hooked up with someone and left town.

Maybe y'all already know this, just saw it on wral.com:

FAIRMONT, N.C. — The Charlotte Division of the FBI has joined the search for 18-year old Sara Nicole Graham, who was last seen on Feb. 4.
Read more at http://www.wral.com/fbi-joins-search-for-missing-robeson-county-woman/14496043/#L8kdx6XLHRSslikj.99

Thanks, any news is appreciated. Somehow I thought they were already assisting. Maybe they've taken over. That would be really good news.

You know I might never come back if my weight had been splashed all over the news like this.

granola said:
It's possible that she stopped at the first place that didn't have houses so she could walk through the woods and have time to herself, and then didn't/couldn't come back to her car.

Now that you mention it, it does seem like someone stopping to have some time alone. Robert Frost wrote about something similar many years ago. Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Of course those woods have been searched but it's possible something was missed. Even that blue vest would be hard to see in a dark forest.

ETA: It was too cold and dark to go for a walk in those woods that morning ... at least willingly. But I suppose you've already thought of that.

Skully said:
I wonder why even bother to put the van at a second location if it was an abduction off the road. If you can get the person to stop the van, and you can get them out, and you have a car or van to put them in, just leave the van. No reason to lock it up or take it anywhere unless you are trying to buy some time.

Very true; very well said. A van parked in a field while it's still dark is not going to be that noticeable as it begins to grow brighter. It may be midmorning before anyone notices or cares enough to call it in. By then the perp has bought themselves a nice chunk of time.

ETA: The middle of a wheat field though it might seem conspicuous is obviously less noticeable than on the side of the road with the doors open and the motor running. Now that might be located pretty quickly.

One reason to move the van would be to misdirect the search, or at least direct it away from yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni