Australia Australia - Rhianna Barreau, 12, Adelaide, 7 Oct 1992

PrimeSuspect

Reaction score
Finding Rhianna: South Australian police appeal for help solving 23-year child cold case

0803barreauaap.ashx

Police suspect the 12-year-old was murdered and believe someone holds information that could solve her baffling disappearance.
Rhianna was last seen walking away from her Morphett Vale home on the morning of October 7, 1992, during the school holidays.
She went to buy a Christmas card for her pen pal from a shopping centre at Reynella in Adelaide's south, but little else is known about her movements.

A $1 million reward is on offer for anyone who can provide information leading to a conviction in Rhianna's case.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...nfo-in-sa-child-cold-case#1tIqAx6O2JTAOfp3.99

Rhianna Brenda Ann BARREAU

Date Of Birth: 1980
Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'1"; 90 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Light brown to blonde hair below shoulder length; hazel eyes. Slim build and fair complexion.
Clothing: Purple shorts, green t-shirt with words Hypercolour across front, white socks and white Lynx sneakers with bright pink tongues.

At 10.30 a.m. on 7/10/1992 Rhianna BARREAU left home and her movements are known for only part of this day. She was last believed sighted standing near the junction of David Terrace and Acre Avenue, Morphett Vale, unaccompanied at 4.00 p.m...

More information regarding Rhianna's disappearance -

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Barreau.htm

Thanks for the link Primesuspect, that beautiful little girl would be 34 now
Sounds like SAPOL aren't ready to give up on her

In light of the recent abduction, rape and possible attempted murder of two women by a Morphett Vale man, I have to wonder if they are taking a look at him in relation to Rhianna. He's 59, so certainly old enough. They are apparently looking at him now in relation to the cold case murder of Italian tourist Victoria Cafasso, found on a Tasmanian beach.

This is just me but did they have to release a photo where she's obviously wearing lipstick/make-up? She deserves better than that i think.

How did Rhianna Barreau simply vanish without trace 25 years ago?
Nigel Hunt, The Advertiser
October 7, 2017 12:32am

‘AT BEST there are only two or three possible scenarios in which Rhianna Barreau vanished.

In the first, Rhianna answered the front door to someone she knew and went with them willingly. The second sees her answer the door, only to be taken against her will — *silently and swiftly — from the house.

The third involves her simply leaving the house voluntarily for some reason, walking away from it — unseen by any witnesses — and being snatched at another location.

The second and third scenarios appear unlikely. Rhianna’s house in Wakefield Ave, Morphett Vale, was locked, there was no sign of a struggle and no one reported hearing any disturbance on the afternoon she vanished.’

‘And Rhianna’s mother firmly believes she would not have left the house without asking her, a view shared by police. Reinforcing this belief is the total absence of any sighting after Rhianna returned home from a trip to the local shops.

That leaves the inescapable, unpalatable likelihood that Rhianna most likely knew the person who abducted and subsequently murdered her.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...o/news-story/f3ca1a5021775397a466ff18ecd296a0

‘It was an ominous prophesy which remains true today.

"Without their assistance this case will flounder and it may well become another Beaumont mystery, Adelaide Oval abduction mystery, that we may never solve."

When homicide detective Allen Arthur spoke these words in October 1992, he was calling for information from the public to find missing girl Rhianna Barreau.

At the time the 12-year-old had been missing for two weeks.

Almost three decades later, after what would have been her 40th birthday, what happened to the Morphett Vale schoolgirl is still a mystery.

And Mr Arthur believes the only real chance of solving that mystery is through information from the public.

"My theory today is [and] has been since within weeks of the enquiry and certainly by the time I retired, that I think her abductor, and I will say killer, lives closer than a lot of people think," he said.

I would suspect that her remains are closer to where she lived than most people think.’

Disappearance of Adelaide schoolgirl Rhianna Barreau 'a mystery that may never be solved' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Was Mark Rust ever a suspect in this case, does anyone know?
I have certainly checked out Rust. Pretty good suspect if you ask me.

It has been suggested he was scheduled for an appointment that day in the city (4pm), which it appears that he did not attend. It has also been said he was visiting his Grandmother who lived down in the area. I am yet above to confirm‘Grandma’s’ name or address.

I have also looked at Geesing and Pfennig as POI’s but dont seem to match the MO’s. IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back