Purina Faces $5 Mil Lawsuit Over Beneful Dog Food

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
Dog owners describe horror of watching their pets suffer violent seizures, kidney failure and even death after eating Purina Beneful food at the center of a $5m lawsuit that they allege 'contains lethal toxins'

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Owners claim pets have suffered seizures and kidney failures as a result

Some have even seen their beloved animals die in front of them

Is now subject to a lawsuit involving dog lovers across the United States

Jean-Francois Menicucci told DailyMail.com his mastiff began fitting

Hours later he simply stopped breathing and died right in front of him

Purina apologized after he called the authorities, and gave him a $19 refund

The company has denied the allegations and called the lawsuit 'baseless'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kidney-failure-cases-death.html#ixzz3TsKw6rOi

Dog owners describe horror of watching their pets suffer violent seizures, kidney failure and even death after eating Purina Beneful food at the center of a $5m lawsuit that they allege 'contains lethal toxins'

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT

Owners claim pets have suffered seizures and kidney failures as a result

Some have even seen their beloved animals die in front of them

Is now subject to a lawsuit involving dog lovers across the United States

Jean-Francois Menicucci told DailyMail.com his mastiff began fitting

Hours later he simply stopped breathing and died right in front of him

Purina apologized after he called the authorities, and gave him a $19 refund

The company has denied the allegations and called the lawsuit 'baseless'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kidney-failure-cases-death.html#ixzz3TsKw6rOi

There is definitely something wrong with this food. There needs to be a mass boycott so it is pulled from the market. Hope the lawsuit reveals the facts and any owners are compensated. A $19 dollar refund for your dog dying in agony is not enough. My cat Winston gets Purina pate and I am a bit wary of them now.

I used to feed Purina Pro Plan to my dogs and while it's a good food, I started seeing recalls for the other "big" companies and decided I wanted to get away from them due to the danger. This happened to coincide with a period of time where my dogs both developed allergies. I first thought it was to grains, so we went grain-free, but it turned out the allergy was to the protein in the food (chicken). I now feed the more unusual proteins that the major companies don't make anyway, like duck, bison, etc. and completely stay away from chicken, turkey and beef. Currently I'm using Castor & Pollux brand but the best resource on dog food quality I've been able to find is www.dogfoodadvisor.com . If you're trying to find a high quality food for your dog or need to feed a specific type of diet, that site has been extremely helpful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back