1121 users online (253 members and 868 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

PA - Deirdre Magolon, 20, Royersford, 6 Mar 2015

Deirdre :: W/F/20 :: 5' 4" :: 120 Lbs. :: Blue Eyes :: Light Brown Shoulder-Length Hair

NO Transportation :: NO Cell Phone

Royersford, Montgomery County, is in South-Eastern, PA.

Day 4

Sun., Mar. 8th: NBC-10: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...295558681.html:

Includes Photo

Abandoned Car Found On Schuylkill Expressway

Deidre's FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/deirdre.magolon

A$ Alway$: PA Crime$topper$ -- 1-800-4PA-TIPS - https://www.crimewatchpa.com/crimestoppers/
    Last edited by Richrd; 03-09-2015 at 08:16 AM.

She looks so young.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...295558681.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

There's a couple more photos of deirdre posted on this FB.

https://m.facebook.com/422kissmyass/...27039734002792
    We 'embraced' the missing Bob Harrod case as requested but 6 years on, are still waiting for further guidance

Flyers/FB/Case Overview&Media Links
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2009-19/page22

I've been trying to figure out additional information about Deirdre's disappearance and haven't had any luck.

Where was she going? Does she work in the evenings? Was she going out to meet someone? Why didn't she have a cell phone with her? Does she own one?

From what I can figure, her car was found in King of Prussia which is about 12 miles from her home. She left at 6:00pm and her abandoned car was found at 11:30. Why does her family think her car broke down on the 422 (Pottstown Expwy) but her car was found on the Schuylkill Expwy according to LE? Did anyone have contact with her after she left the house? The area her car was found is a very busy interchange of freeways and it's pretty commercial. The King of Prussia Mall is right there, too.

Police later contacted the family and told them the Mazda was found on the Schuylkill Expressway between I-76 and Route 202 around 11:30 p.m. Friday.
    However, this article http://patch.com/pennsylvania/phoeni...issing-woman-0 says...

Her car, a black Mazda, broke down that evening on the end of 422 in King of Prussia just before I-76 and 202
    The locations aren't that far from one another, maybe a mile at most, so it probably doesn't matter too much.
    Last edited by MamaJoJo; 03-09-2015 at 11:51 AM. Reason: clarified some stuff

New, refined details...

Deirdre left home between 6:40pm - 7:00pm and her car was found shortly thereafter at 7:20pm. And, her car was found on Rt 422 (not the Schuylkill Expwy).

The Criminal Investigation Division of Upper Providence Police is looking for information regarding the disappearance of Magolon. Her black 2005 Mazda MX3 was found near the I-76 Interchange on eastbound Rt. 422 March 6, at about 7:20 p.m.

Police said Magolon left her home in the Royersford sections of Upper Providence between 6:40 and 7 p.m. She has not been seen since.

Anyone who has any information on Magolon’s whereabouts should contact Det. Sgt. Ray Bechtel at Upper Providence Police at 484-391-2336.
    http://www.pottsmerc.com/general-new...-of-royersford

Magolon's father...said she was last seen wearing a "grey furry hooded jacket."
    http://www.phillymag.com/news/2015/0...ersford-woman/

Quote Originally Posted by MamaJoJo View Post
    I've been trying to figure out additional information about Deirdre's disappearance and haven't had any luck.

Where was she going? Does she work in the evenings? Was she going out to meet someone? Why didn't she have a cell phone with her? Does she own one?

From what I can figure, her car was found in King of Prussia which is about 12 miles from her home. She left at 6:00pm and her abandoned car was found at 11:30. Why does her family think her car broke down on the 422 (Pottstown Expwy) but her car was found on the Schuylkill Expwy according to LE? Did anyone have contact with her after she left the house? The area her car was found is a very busy interchange of freeways and it's pretty commercial. The King of Prussia Mall is right there, too.

However, this article http://patch.com/pennsylvania/phoeni...issing-woman-0 says...

The locations aren't that far from one another, maybe a mile at most, so it probably doesn't matter too much.
    I'm local and depending on where exactly she was, which ramp (if on a ramp) I can see how the description of where the car was found could be either misquoted or confusing. There is a major interchange with lots of roads feeding in and out there.

I'm leaning towards her leaving willingly on this one. I was reading the FB page of who I believe is her father and they recently took a trip to FL together and she was apparently going to be moving there for something. One comment from someone (mother?) said, "You got this, Dierdre." I'm wondering why she was going to FL and I'm wondering if she disappeared because she doesn't want to go. If she did disappear because of that, she obviously had help and someone knows where she is. MOO.

Wow, 20 - 40 minutes is not a lot of a time for someone to vanish. I,too, find it strange that her family seems to have spoken to her but there are no more details on that.

The fact that her parents were telling people that her car broke down on 422 before the police located it would indicate to me that they had spoken to her BUT she wasn't carrying her cell phone. How the heck would they know that her car broke down? Furthermore, it appears LE has stated that the car was fine and did not break down. Lots of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post
    Wow, 20 - 40 minutes is not a lot of a time for someone to vanish. I,too, find it strange that her family seems to have spoken to her but there are no more details on that.

The fact that her parents were telling people that her car broke down on 422 before the police located it would indicate to me that they had spoken to her BUT she wasn't carrying her cell phone. How the heck would they know that her car broke down? Furthermore, it appears LE has stated that the car was fine and did not break down. Lots of questions.
    BBM. Where have you seen it written that LE says the car had not broken down? If they haven't said that, the family could be saying that because LE told them that it was found abandoned, not necessarily because they spoke with her.

I can't really imagine that this is a case of someone who went missing on purpose, though I suppose stranger things have happened. But if she was trying to get away, why not drive the car away as far as possible before the missing reports go out in the Philly area, and then ditch it a day or two later when people are on the lookout, but where the story may not have traveled yet, or where people wouldn't really be expecting you to be, so therefore may not notice in that context? Or why not at least leave it at the mall where it would be easy to be picked up or get a bus? Why by the side of the road?

If her car broke down, my money would be on an abduction. MOO.

There's a lot of info all over the place.

Here's what I think we can gather from these articles:
    • Last seen leaving her Royersford home sometime between 6:00 and 7pm on Friday, March 6th. Some articles report she was last seen at 6pm(x) and some report that the time was narrowed to between 6:40pm and 7:00pm(x).
    • She argued with her family before leaving but did not appear to be distraught. She did not specify a destination.
    • Her car was found abandoned later that night eastbound Route 422, roughly a 20 minute drive from her home. Some outlets report that it was located as early as 7:20pm(x), while others say it was found at 11:30pm(x).
    • Family members say she does not have her cell phone or credit cards and was last seen wearing a grey furry hoodie.
    • Family members stated on social media that her car had broken down(x), but LE says that is was in "stable" condition(x).
    • LE has an unverified lead that she "may have been seen standing outside the car and possibly hitchhiking about 7 or so."

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    BBM. Where have you seen it written that LE says the car had not broken down? If they haven't said that, the family could be saying that because LE told them that it was found abandoned, not necessarily because they spoke with her.
    In this article it says "state police reported the vehicle was stable." I think they have yet to do a more thorough examination on its status.

I thinks there's real reason to hope she's gone missing on purpose from her facebook page. Just a feeling, not based on a fact.

I am about 45 minutes south of KOP (my favorite mall) and have driven 202/422 many times. I can see how the vehicle location would be difficult to describe. There is some road construction there also presently. Why would she leave her car on the road and not at the mall? Rhetorical I know. I will check out her FB page. Hope she makes contact with someone in her family soon.

If her car broke down why would she try to hitchhike (if this is what she was actually doing)? Why would she not try and flag down a driver and ask them to use their cell phone.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast