1125 users online (204 members and 921 guests)  

Websleuths News

VA - Virginia Welch, 22, Roanoke, 12 July 1982

Virginia Alice Welch, 22, Missing since July 12, 1982 from Roanoke, VA

Virginia Alice Welch
    Missing since July 12, 1982 from Roanoke, Roanoke County, Virginia
    Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: March 15, 1960
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 135 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blue eyes; natural curly dark hair.
    Marks, Scars, Tattoos: A tattoo of a red rose on her right forearm, a tattoo of a hummingbird on her left breast, a tattoo of eagle wings on right shoulder, Rebel flag and the words "live to ride, ride to live", and a Cobra snake tattoo on her upper left leg.
    Dentals: Not available
    DNA: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance

Welch moved in with a friend in Roanoke and that was the last time her family heard from her. After three weeks of not hearing from her daughter, the mother went to the place Virginia was supposed to be living and was told that she had walked off carrying a plastic bag. However, the roommate couldn't seem to remember what week she left.

A couple of weeks later the family went to the Roanoke Police and a detective was assigned to the case. However the police never came up with any leads.

Welch had been enlisted the U.S. Army for a few months. She had gotten out on a medical discharge several years before she disappeared.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Roanoke City Police Department
    Detective L. P. Manning
    Major Crimes Unit
    540-853-5959
    or
    540-853-5305

Source Information:
    Main Street Newspapers
    Virginia State Police
    The Doe Network: Case File 1502DFVA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1502dfva.html

Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

Showing my support for virginia pls share her story

On August 6, 2012, mother of two Tamala Wells drove away from her home in Detroit. She has not been seen or heard from since she made her last phone call at 11:45 pm. Her car was recovered three days later, 20 minutes away from her home. Friends and family members are baffled.

Consider featuring a missing person in your signature - a simple act that could get the right pair of eyes on the case.

On August 6, 2012, mother of two Tamala Wells drove away from her home in Detroit. She has not been seen or heard from since she made her last phone call at 11:45 pm. Her car was recovered three days later, 20 minutes away from her home. Friends and family members are baffled.

Consider featuring a missing person in your signature - a simple act that could get the right pair of eyes on the case.

Posting to follow. (Newbie here) I came across a page on Facebook for Ms. Welch (the same one Tulessa shared) and became interested in her case since I am also from Virginia. Hopefully I'll find something to add to this thread!
    They're out there waiting for us. We just have to bring them home.

It has been 35 years since Virginia Welch went missing.