1214 users online (241 members and 973 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IL - Rose Herrera, 7 mos, beaten to death, Chicago, 9 March 2015

http://abc7.com/news/chicago-police-...er-saw/550937/

Chicago police are investigating the death of a 9-month-old girl whose body was found Monday morning in the 2800 block of South Avers.

Police say the baby's throat was cut with a circular power saw, apparently because she wouldn't stop crying.

A 52-year-old female relative -- believed to be the killer -- had self-inflicted wounds in an attempt to end her own life, police said. She was taken to a local hospital in stable condition.

evidence that evil exists.........

person that did that had to have shown signs that were ignored for a long long time....MOO
    Just My Opinion

Beautiful Cumberland Plateau of Tennessee
    I just read about this, OMG, when will it ever end, so many crimes against little bity babies. What an ugly world we are living in. So many hurtful, disgusting things happening to Children.

I had to reread the title several times, in disbelief....
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

I can't even read the story. The headline is enough. Some people are not human.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Hope this lady suffers tortuous pain for the rest of her days. Suicide is too easy. Let her suffer. JMO

Shocking pure evil and a terrible tragedy. R.I.P Little one.
    The man in my avatar may have killed two innocent teenagers Abigail Williams and Liberty German. If you know who he is Please call the tip line. There is a reward of $250,000 - Tel- 844.459.5786 or email: abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com

The dead cannot cry out for justice. It is a duty of the living to do so for them. Lois McMaster Bujold.

Just when I think I'm numb to the evilness of some in this world.......

Dear God that poor poor child
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    I can't even read the story. The headline is enough. Some people are not human.
    Ditto.

poor poor baby
    IMO

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...309-story.html

Police found the child, identified as Rose Herrera, after being called to a building in the 2800 block of South Avers Avenue on the West Side...

The relative said the girl would have turned 8 months old March 16.

Brenda Saucedo, 32, who lives on the same block, said she knows the woman who was taken into custody. "She was a nice person, she came to my house," said Saucedo... "I'm shocked; she would never do this. It had to be somebody else."

http://wric.com/2015/03/10/woman-cut...go-police-say/

Neighbors say a couple lived there with two grown daughters, each of whom had a young child. “The daughter with the baby just graduated from college to be a teacher,” said a woman who has known the family for years. “They’re good people.”

DCFS said it has not had prior contact with the family, and neighbors say there were no problems that any of them knew of.
    http://www.myfoxchicago.com/story/28...little-village

Neighbors say the suspect, who they identified as the victim's grandmother, took care of her nearly 8-month-old granddaughter, Rose Herrera, every day...

Family said the news of their granddaughter's birth last summer filled the family with joy. "The grandmother was especially happy when she was born. She even brought her to meet my landlord," said Laura Hidalgo.

Hidalgo hadn't seen the grandmother in about a month. However, she saw her just eight days ago and what she saw shocked her. "She looked deteriorated. Her face looked gaunt. It looked like she had lost 20 pounds in only a month. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she couldn't sleep," Hidalgo said.

Authorities responded to a 911 call on the 2800 block of South Avers around 9:30 a.m., where they found Rose Herrera dead. Her neck was slashed with a circular saw. The woman, Rose’s grandmother, allegedly slashed her throat with the saw to stop her from crying. The woman also allegedly stuffed a sock in the baby’s mouth and hit her in the head with a pipe wrench before using the circular saw; she then slashed her own throat with it. The two were found by another relative.

If this is true then I'm at a loss. Yes, I get that mental illness is involved but the baby's grandma reacted by hurting little Rose before hurting herself. Think about it. She had to get the sock. She had to get the pipe wrench. She had to get the saw.

Sorry for being so graphic but I'm pointing out that each act was a separate one that took thinking and time. I'd have much more sympathy for this woman's mental distress if she had killed herself first and left a note behind about Rose's crying.

No mention of drugs - i.e. meth - being involved so I'll just leave my other thoughts out for now.

http://chicagoist.com/2015/03/10/wom...s_throat_w.php

So the grandmother also used the saw on herself? How did she survive that?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast