679 users online (103 members and 576 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WA - Man tried to abduct toddler from Eastern Washington park *ARREST*

The Lincoln County Sheriffs Office in Eastern Washington is investigating an attempted child abduction at a park in the town of Sprague Monday.

The Lincoln County Dispatch Center received a 911 call reporting a man had grabbed a 22-month-old child from a stroller in the park and ran.

http://q13fox.com/2015/03/09/man-tri...ave-boy-video/

----

Lincoln County authorities are looking for a man that witnesses say took a two-year-old child from a stroller in Sprague on Sunday afternoon.

Video cameras captured the man, who told witnesses he was 19, running with the 22-month-old child in his arms near the city park in Sprague, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office. The man approached the child and two older siblings around noon, spoke briefly then took the infant and ran, according to a news release.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...n-alleged-chi/

Video/still shots of the man at both links.

A 19 yr old stole a 2 yr old baby? WTH?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

He told witnesses he was 19 but police think he is in his 30's. They have not found him yet I think. Confusing!

"Video cameras captured the man, who told witnesses he was 19, running with the 22-month-old child in his arms near the city park in Sprague, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office. "

Very strange story. From the above-linked story:

The siblings chased the man and yelled, alerting nearby teenagers who approached the man...The man put down the child, who was unharmed...and fled on foot..."

Kudos to the siblings and the teenagers.

I'm trying to find the link to the story I read on this late last night that basically stated that the people in the town know he's not from that town at all, since they are a very small community of I think 500 people, in one article I read they mentioned him not being from around there as nobody has ever seen him before. Very, very bizarre and scary... I hope someone recognizes him & does the right thing before this happens again with a different outcome.

Thank God those kids knew to be vocal and SCREAM! Bless their hearts for chasing this a$$ and not giving up.

Where the hell was the sitter during all this?

Not to make light of the situation, but does it not look like this guy stepped out of an early 90's rap video? The haircut, the what looks like a suit jacket with shoulder pads and nothing underneath...? It looks like he should be hanging with Will Smith back in the day. It's a pretty notable style.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountaingazer View Post
    Not to make light of the situation, but does it not look like this guy stepped out of an early 90's rap video? The haircut, the what looks like a suit jacket with shoulder pads and nothing underneath...? It looks like he should be hanging with Will Smith back in the day. It's a pretty notable style.
    Mountaingazer I was thinking the exact same thing the first few times I saw that video.. Like what is up with this guys style?! Reminds me also of some sort of mob type style.. But what kind of "mob" would be around Spokane? It is definitely a notable look that could be easily recognized in that area..

What kind of a babysitter leaves 10 and 8 year olds to watch a baby at a park?

Here is more info on the incident.
    http://abc13.com/news/video-man-take...ve-him/551939/

Quote Originally Posted by Dockins View Post
    What kind of a babysitter leaves 10 and 8 year olds to watch a baby at a park?
    Right! I get its a super small town and people probably still leave all their windows and doors unlocked but, if your only job is to babysit... There are creepers everywhere in this world unfortunately. I'm sure the babysitter feels pretty terrible by now.

WA - Washington Siblings Help Stop Younger Brother's Kidnapping

Washington Siblings Help Stop Younger Brother's Kidnapping

A 22-month-old Washington boy is safe after a kidnapping thanks to the quick thinking reaction of his older brother and sister.

The toddler, Owen Wright, was playing in a park in Sprague, Washington, on Sunday with his older brother, 10-year-old Brenden, and sister, 8-year-old Delicia. The siblings were playing unsupervised in a park next to their babysitter’s home while their father, Michael Wright, was at work, according to local ABC affiliate KXLY.

Surveillance footage from a nearby grocery store shows the suspect running off with Owen in his arms.
    https://gma.yahoo.com/siblings-help-...opstories.html
    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by nannymo View Post
    He told witnesses he was 19 but police think he is in his 30's. They have not found him yet I think. Confusing!

"Video cameras captured the man, who told witnesses he was 19, running with the 22-month-old child in his arms near the city park in Sprague, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office. "
    We saw this last night. It's just weird all the way around... And, as others have mentioned, that is some odd clothing and such... but maybe a good clue.

Looking at the photo, he appears to have on a suit Jacket with shoulder pads and hair that is almost greased/gelled/pinned up into a pompadour?

Attachment 70890

The toddler's older sister told authorities that they had been chatting with the man in a nearby park around noon on Sunday when he suddenly grabbed the boy and ran.

...The boys said the suspect got away that they believe he had a getaway car nearby.
    http://www.krem.com/story/news/local...roes/24674341/
    Last edited by time; 03-10-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time View Post
    We saw this last night. It's just weird all the way around... And, as others have mentioned, that is some odd clothing and such... but maybe a good clue.

Looking at the photo, he appears to have on a suit Jacket with shoulder pads and hair that is almost greased/gelled/pinned up into a pompadour?

Attachment 70890

http://www.krem.com/story/news/local...roes/24674341/

excellent reporting of this story.....those teens are heros!

amazing how quickly it all happened.....
    Just My Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by newone View Post
    excellent reporting of this story.....those teens are heros!

amazing how quickly it all happened.....

Yeah, makes me wonder what made him drop the boy? Maybe he found he couldnt run off as quickly as he thought/the boy was heavier than he thought? Weird to me that they say the teenagers were chasing him but nobody saw him get into any vehicle & take off or anything... Where did he go?!?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast