987 users online (175 members and 812 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Sahray Astina Barber, 22, San Bernardino, 9 March 2015

Sahray Astina Barber

Woman who lives near Cal State goes missing
    A woman who lives adjacent to the Cal State San Bernardino campus went missing on her way to work Monday morning, March 9, and her laptop and cellphone were found in some bushes, police said. Sahray Astina Barber, 22, was last seen about 6 a.m. leaving her home at 1505 W. Northpark Blvd. at the campus's southern end, police wrote in a news release. She usually walks and takes buses, but she never showed up at work, said San Bernardino police Lt. Rich Lawhead.

"With everything that's been happening at Cal State, we need to be careful and get this information out," he said. On Sunday, March 8, a man tried to grab a woman and force her into his car near the John M. Pfau Library, and on Wednesday, March 4, a man tried to rape a woman in the stairwell of the same library, Cal State police said.
    http://www.pe.com/articles/police-76...man-march.html
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Sahray Astina Barber, 22, San Bernadino, 9 March 2015

Missing 22 year old, last seen walking to work on Monday morning at 6 am, across the street from Cal State San Bernadino.

Her name is Sahray Astina Barber.
    5-foot-8-inches tall and 125 pounds.
    She has long red/brown, straight hair and green eyes.

Detectives told CBS2/KCAL9’s Tom Wait there is no sign of foul play, but her disappearance is especially alarming given two women were attacked on the CSUSB campus last week.
    http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/...YRQAb0.twitter

A woman who lives adjacent to the Cal State San Bernardino campus went missing on her way to work Monday morning, March 9, and her laptop and cellphone were found in some bushes, police said.

<snip>

She usually walks and takes buses, but she never showed up at work, said San Bernardino police Lt. Rich Lawhead.
    Lots of info on the previous issues on campus / the area, including suspect info.

Then:

While Barber lives across the street from campus, she is not a CSUSB student, said spokesman Joe Gutierrez.

“She doesn't have any affiliation with the campus,” Gutierrez said.

Both Gutierrez and Lawhead said whether her disappearance was connected to the recent spate of crimes at CSUSB was unknown.

"There's nothing that leads us to believe that there was a struggle. There's nothing that leads us to believe that this was a kidnapping," Lawhead said. "We just know that this is very uncharacteristic of her."
    For some reason I can't get the pic of her to work, but there is one here that should be linkable.

Disappearance of 22-Year-Old Woman Near CSUSB Deemed ‘Suspicious’
    The disappearance of a 22-year-old woman who lives near Cal State San Bernardino was deemed suspicious by police Tuesday in light of recent abduction attempts and assaults that have occurred at the school.
    http://ktla.com/2015/03/10/disappear...ed-suspicious/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Quote Originally Posted by los2188 View Post
    Sahray Astina Barber

Woman who lives near Cal State goes missing

"...... her laptop and cellphone were found in some bushes, police said." Very curious, indeed.

I wonder about the clothes that she is pictured in. Hmm..

As far as I've found out, she studied arts, so she might like creative things (incl. clothing).
    Btw, her father provided another photo to the media:
    https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/photo...type=1&theater

From the awesome Sunrisenow's link from above.

https://www.facebook.com/ktla5

Barber’s disappearance is “suspicious,” primarily due to some items she left behind, as well as the fact that she lives across the street from CSUSB, where there have been recent kidnapping attempts, Lawhead said.
    http://ktla.com/2015/03/10/disappear...ed-suspicious/

Another photo at above link:

sahray2.jpg
    Where is James Perryman? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...james+perryman

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away! ~ Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrisenow View Post
    As far as I've found out, she studied arts, so she might like creative things (incl. clothing).
    Btw, her father provided another photo to the media:
    https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/photo...type=1&theater
    First thing I thought was she must be an art major! She looks like a lot of fellow art majors I went to college with.

I hope she is found, she looks like such a lovely girl.

This is all over my FB feed. Very worried for this young woman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked like duplicate threads on Sahray. I commented on the other that this has been all over my FB feed today. I'm worried for her.

I thought that was a rather odd choice of picture to use on the release. Maybe it's the only one they had available immediately? Is it her FB profile picture possibly? Looks like a halloween costume cape or something.

I thought it was a graduation gown that was partially undone - there's another pic of her holding up a diploma of some kind.

This is very concerning. Local news has reported from SB a lot the last few days about a possible predator on campus - as linked above - and it seems like more than coincidence to me.

Her belongings found in bushes adds to the worry.

Her cloak in the picture above actually made me think she is into LARP or Renaissance Faire, maybe?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast