1085 users online (242 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

FL - Sean Golden, 39, Wesley Chapel, 8 March 2015

Sean Golden

Detectives searching for missing Uber driver Sean Golden from Wesley Chapel
    Authorities are searching for a Wesley Chapel man who disappeared early Sunday morning after working a shift for the ride share service Uber. Sean Golden, 39, dropped off a fare at 4 a.m. in the 4200 block of Tampania Avenue in Tampa, according to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office. Afterward he signed out of the Uber application. No one has seen him since.

Investigators have found no activity coming from his cell phone. Sheriff's officials called his disappearance uncharacteristic.

"His family is frantic," said Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco.

Uber said Golden was not providing a ride through the Uber app during the time that is being investigated. "Mr. Golden is an active Uber partner who has provided great service to riders since 2014," said Uber spokeswoman Kaitlin Durkosh.

Uber also released the following statement:
    "Our thoughts are with our partner's loved ones during this difficult time, and we're hopeful for his safe return. We've provided law enforcement with all information we have available, and stand ready to help in any other way we can."
    http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/re...-wesley-chapel
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Hoping for the best I'm going to imagine that he is just taking a long snooze and that's why he has his phone off.
    May he show up soon.

Also hoping for the best. Not great publicity for Uber!

Wow, another missing person in Tampa. I hope he is ok but I don't have a good feeling when he's been missing since Sunday.
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

On his fb he's co-owner of a hair salon in Tampa also. I'm sure LE has checked if anyone's heard from him there.
    Cindi Lou

FL - Sean Golden, 39, Wesley Chapel, 8 March 2015

I'm in Wesley Chapel/New Tampa area and haven't heard of this locally. I wonder if he even lives in WC since where he was driving isn't exactly close.

Edited- just saw it on Twitter via Pasco Sheriff. Hope he's ok.
    ~Yupikgirl (Michelle)

It's not the best neighborhood to be in at 4am, but it could be worse.

los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Missing Uber driver last seen at Tampa gas station
    $3000 reward offered information about missing Uber driver
    Golden’s family is extremely worried, as it would be out of character for him to simply leave without a word, Nocco said. Two telephones typically used by Golden are currently “inactive,” although it is unclear why, he said.

Sheriff’s Detective Zak Arey said the last two people Golden dropped off Sunday morning have cooperated with law enforcement. The clients were located through Uber records and the car service has cooperated with investigators; the clients are not considered suspects of a crime, Arey said. The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office and Tampa Police Department are assisting with the investigation, Arey said, adding that the agencies are currently working “a few leads.”

“Right now, we’re just not sure what’s happened,” Arey said. Golden’s wife, Corrine Stevens Golden, wrote of her husband’s mysterious disappearance on her Facebook page.

“Please pray for our family,” she wrote. “This is a difficult time. We pray for his safe return home.”
    http://tbo.com/pasco-county/uber-dri...-say-20150310/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...ing_for_m.html

As authorities continue to search for a missing Wesley Chapel man not seen since dropping off an Uber passenger Sunday night, surveillance video shows him getting gas moments after leaving the passenger.

According to the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, the video shows Sean Golden at the Flying J gas station at 4:09 a.m. at 11555 East Sligh Avenue in Tampa...

The sheriff's office said it has interviewed Golden's last two passengers, and that both were cooperative and are not considered suspects.
    Sean was driving a gray 2014 Toyota Camry Hybrid sedan.

FB: https://www.facebook.com/sean.golden.1272
    His wife is linked from his to read the search updates. The salon Sleuthster mentions is where the search effort meeting place is.

So he was well east of is drop off at 4 am when surveillance cameras picked him up at Flying J pumping gas. Where was he going???? This is not the direction of Wesley Chapel. He would have gotten on 275 and gone north to WC. http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...ing_for_m.html
    Cindi Lou

Looking at the map, I'd say Sean was heading in the general direction of home after dropping his last fare. Wesley Chapel is about 14 miles north of that gas station, up I-75, with the Hillsborough River and a huge swampy area in between.

I feel like this one might be an accident, rather than foul play. Well, unless Sean just needed a time out and took off on his own, which I hope is the case.

On his fb, there is someone who has posted many pictures of events at clubs. These clubs are in Orlando and Casselberry. I wonder if he could have been headed that way if he usually visited these clubs.
    Cindi Lou

Quote Originally Posted by OkieGranny View Post
    Looking at the map, I'd say Sean was heading in the general direction of home. Wesley Chapel is about 14 miles north of that gas station, up I-75, with the Hillsborough River and a huge swampy area in between.

Hold on, map coming up...
    I agree he could have gone i-75 but 275 would have been the easier way to go as it cuts across in goes into 75 in north Tampa. Going all the way to 275 seems out of the way.
    Cindi Lou

I wondered about that, but I have preferred routes for navigating around my local metro area; maybe he did too? Grabbing at straws here, probably.

Google Maps says the quickest route between Sean's last fare and the gas station takes 20 minutes to drive. He could not have dropped his fare at 4:00am as stated in the first report above and been at that gas station at 4:09am, so the timing is off.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast