783 users online (109 members and 674 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

CA - Brandon Stephens, 36, Redding, 20 Feb 2015

Brandon Nicholas Stephens

On missing man's birthday, family pleads for help
    REDDING, California - The family of a missing man pleaded on his birthday for the public’s help to find him.

Brandon Nicholas Stephens, who turned 36 on Tuesday, hasn’t been heard from since he was last seen at the Mount Shasta Mall Feb. 20, said his sister, Shaye Kennen, Monday night.

“Especially with it being his birthday (Tuesday), my parents are really struggling,” she said.

Stephens is considered an at-risk missing adult, said Sgt. Steve Grashoff with the Shasta County Sheriff’s Office.

“Stephens is considered missing at risk due to his heavy drug usage, mental stability and for the fact this is out of the ordinary for him to be gone this long, to include missing his birthday,” Grashoff said in a press release.
    http://www.redding.com/news/local-ne...-help_27608844
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

I hope Brandon turns up safe soon. He has been gone quite awhile.

Oh how sad I fear his family might be right. ATM tried 11 times doesn't sound like good news to me. I hope Brandon is found soon, for his sake and that of his family. I suspect there is much local knowledge we are missing.

I just wanted to add this pic of brandon without his hat and glasses. He looks somewhat different in this pic.

I am new to the forum. I registered so I could post this specific case, however, I see someone else already has.
    Thank you so much for putting up Brandon's case. I am local from Shasta County and trying to help locate Brandon.
    I agree, it does not sound good that someone tried to use Brandon's atm card 11 times. I'm hoping that person's
    photo shows up at the atm machine and police are able to identify the person trying to use it.

I do believe the police know more than is posted on the news.
    Because I am new to the forum, I'm not sure what all I can really do to help here, but if someone is interested in helping
    research Brandon's case, I am more than willing to help. I just am not sure what that entails. Maybe someone experienced here
    can give me some pointers what I might try to do.

I'll just go ahead and post a few things I have been thinking about.

The news article states he was last seen at the mall at 4 pm Feb 20 2015
    Then the article states his phone was last used at 4:10 pm on the 20th of February.
    The article also states he was suppose to meet someone at the Rusty Nail.
    I am posting a map of the mall and the Rusty Nail location so you can see he really did not have
    to go anywhere when leaving the mall to get to the Rusty Nail.

also in this photo you can see there must be cameras looking out at the parking area where both
    the mall and Rusty Nail are located. Surely there is camera video of the parking lot that might show
    Brandon leaving the Rusty Nail with someone and getting into a vehicle, or might show them walking.
    I am hoping the police have got ahold of any video tapes and have identified who Brandon was with.

Last edited by TandieJ; 03-15-2015 at 08:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TandieJ View Post
    I just wanted to add this pic of brandon without his hat and glasses. He looks somewhat different in this pic.
    not sure why this photo is no longer showing up, but here it is again

missing person flyer for Brandon Stephens, with all the information for him, including the police case number

I'm not sure what all I can actually post here on the forum. I'll try to post some of the info I have and if I do something wrong, please tell me so I won't do it again.

I know Brandon frequented the downtown area of Redding. Not the old downtown but rather the Mt. Shasta Mall area. This would be the Hilltop Ave area.
    He also hung out at the 501 club downtown Redding. He went to several of the motels with friends in the Hilltop area.

I went through all those places today and did not see even one single flyer out. I'll have to see if I can get a hold of some and go put them out all over.

Brandon is gay, so I was thinking maybe of looking on gay dating sites to see if he might have met someone on there. I don't know what the popular gay dating sites are.
    Does anyone know?

I do know that Brandon was in San Francisco for a few days or maybe even a week not long ago, probably in February, so there is always a chance he went back there
    or he met someone from there and they came down here to see him.

I did find online a record of arrest for Brandon. One record said he was arrested in Shasta County(that is Redding, ca) on February 8, 2015(12 days before he went missing)
    This was for a warrant for an old felony. It appears the old felony charges was for something to do with using Identification that was not his.
    I don't know what day they released him after he was arrested on the 8th

on another record I found he was arrested or the arrest was reported on February 14, 2015(about 6 days before he was reported missing)
    Again I still do not know when he was released from jail.

so I am thinking it is "possible" Brandon is worried about going back to jail so he just took off. However, his family does not seem to think he would up and leave
    like that, get rid of his phone, not accesss his bank account, and not show up for his birthday. Then you add in the fact someone tried to use his bankcard 11 different times with
    with the wrong pin #, and most of this would add up to being something is really wrong.

I'm also thinking because Brandon has a history of using false ID other than his own, he could be registered in a motel under another name, in jail under another name,
    or if something happens to him he might be found with other ID on him.

I have been told that Redding's Craiglist is a place where people post for "meet-ups"/ etc; if you will.
    I have been going through the cl postings for any posts from Brandon. I was told someone saw listings on
    there from him in the Casual Encounters section; however, I can't find them yet. I'm still looking. That is a long listing to sort through.
    Also without pics of Brandon on any posts he might have posted I am having a hard time figuring out which ones might be his.

I just realized that someone else went was found dead(family believes he was murdered) 5 days before Brandon was last heard from.

http://www.redding.com/news/local-ne...y-was-murdered

<....Smith's body was found Feb. 15 on a high water bar on Stillwater Creek, authorities have said. He was believed to have drowned.
    Circumstances surrounding his death have his family and friends fearing he was killed.
    He was also found in women's clothing, something wholly out of character for him, Alexander said......>

the reason I am wondering if there is any connection is because of something I was told, but I don't know if what I was told is true or not.
    but that is why I am wondering. so I don't know if I can post things I HEARD. so I won't until someone tells me I can. however, because of that
    I have to wonder if there is a connection with brandon's case and george's case.

His is another article about george Smith's missing and found dead. seems LE thinks he just drowned while wearing women's clothing. Strange.
    smith was last seen feb 5 but was known to stay gone a few days so they reported him missing on feb 14th and his body was found on feb 15th.

here is the article. (sounds strange to me)

http://www.styrk.com/posts/family-ur...te-man-s-death

now I'm wondering what his phone looked like, the color, the model. Also what did the satchel/backpack look like.
    Then I also wonder. did his phone have gps, and where did it pick him up after 4:10pm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast