1348 users online (248 members and 1100 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

SC - Jules Mappus, 20, Charleston, 27 Feb 2015

Jules Mappus

Family to hold vigil Saturday for man, 20, missing since February
    The family of a 20-year-old man missing since February will host a vigil Saturday afternoon to celebrate his life. Jules Mappus was last seen on peninsular Charleston around 11 p.m. Feb. 27, according to Mount Pleasant police. His vehicle was found unoccupied on the Ravenel Bridge roughly an hour later, police said.

Family and friends plan to gather 2 p.m. Saturday at James Island County Park’s Wando Shelter, his mother Butler Mappus said. “It’s just a celebration of his life. Everyone’s welcome to come,” she said.

Few details are known about Mappus’ disappearance, his mother said, and a police investigation is ongoing.
    http://www.postandcourier.com/articl...since-february
    My kids are a window to my past, a mirror of today, a door to tomorrow, and a keeper of this proud old dad's heart forever.

It almost sounds like the family expects a finding of suicide. I am sure they know the most about him.
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Are there no camera's on that bridge?
    RIP - Hannah Graham RIP - Beverly Carter RIP - Moonchild

I find it strange that nobody has posted on his facebook page since November, no friends..etc. he has over 1,000 friends and nobody has said a word. Anything could have happened here and without a body, we really don't know what happened.

From my recollection of a 2006 Post and Courier article (that I haven't read since the bridge opened in 2006), there are something like 8-12 traffic cameras on the bridge.

Wow, I know a number of the people he knows, but I'd never heard of him. He's younger than me by about 6-7 years, I think he's friends with a lot of my HS friends' younger siblings. It does look like a suicide. As for no posts after November, it's possible that it's all set to friends. I mean, 120 people liked his last profile pic, it seems that people really liked him!

Someone asked about cameras but I remember when a friend of some college friends committed suicide in 2007 off of the bridge, they only had witnesses and a suicide note that she left. No video. I think the cameras are all SCDOT and don't really get a good view of the walkway, in fact, I think they're mostly mounted facing out from the walkway area.

RIP - Hannah Graham RIP - Beverly Carter RIP - Moonchild

Many prayers out to this family, RIP Jules.

JMO
    Always do the right thing because you do enough things you think are right that end up being wrong-my dad-RIP 1/19/2013