GUILTY Ireland - Elaine O'Hara, 36, Dublin, 22 Aug 2012

ainerose

Reaction score
A woman walking her dog in Rathfarnham - co dublin on friday 13th september 2013. The remains were skeletal and described as that of a female or young boy. examining a pair of trainers, size 8 and a portion of tracksuit bottoms near the body.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/dna-holds-clue-to-remains-found-in-undergrowth-29580183.html

This is pretty local for me and quite a big story in ireland at the moment. Speculation is that it may be one of Ireland's Missing 6 women.
http://tracemissingpersonsireland.ie/irelands-missing-6/

American woman Annie Mc Carrick was last seen on March 26th 1993 near Johnny Foxes pub which is only 8km or so from where the remains were found.

Also, with the news it could possibly be a teenaged boy, thoughts immediately turn to Philip Cairns, missing from Rathfarnham since 1986
http://www.independent.ie/unsorted/...t-on-abduction-of-philip-cairns-26230779.html

http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0918/474912-abuction-fear-over-missing-dublin-woman/

Personal and other items found at a second crime scene in Roundwood in Co Wicklow around 20km away are now being forensically examined.

These include a key fob from Ms O'Hara's workplace at Dunnes Stores, a phone and clothing believed to be hers.

Handcuffs and leg restraints have also been recovered and gardaí are now trying to establish if they are linked to her disappearance and death.

This is definitely scary for those in the area. They are trying to find out if Elaine used an on-line dating site and are trying to track her last movements. According to the article linked in further up, she was seen in a cemetery where her mother was buried.

the man arrested on suspicion of the murder of Elaine O Hara has been named as 41 year old married father of two Graham Dwyer. He is the director of an architecture firm in Dublin City centre. It is believed that he had met with elaine in the days preceding her death. He has stated 'not guilty'.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-new...harge-of-murdering-elaine-ohara-29670701.html

I hope that justice will prevail for Elaine. The papers in Ireland have been focusing on her involvement on BDSM type websites and that she may have been involved in sex acts before her death. imo this is upsetting for her father (her mother died a few months before Elaine went missing) to read and although relevant to the investigation, the important thing to remember is that a lovely woman was murdered and justice should prevail.

I couldn't find a thread to show anyone is following this case, but it's really awful the details that have been coming out in court.

Elaine went missing and was found a year later - police suspected suicide at first but soon found she'd been having a BDSM relationship with Graham Dwyer and he was arrested. Trial is ongoing - the details in the paper are pretty sickening tbh.

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...shown-videos-of-women-being-stabbed-1.2131944

Daily Mail link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rl-suggested-potential-targets-stab-kill.html

I honestly think this is the worst murder trial I've ever seen come out of Ireland. I feel sorry for her - seems she was quite immature and slow - and for her family to have to listen to all these details about her BDSM interests. The fact that the accused's wife testified against him about the missing spade makes me think she knows he did it. This along with the huge amount of mobile phone evidence makes me comfortable he will be found guilty.

This is an interesting case he needs to be looked into for other murders /rapes something tells me this is not his first time

I too am surprised there isn't more interest on websleuths.

Absolutely horrific! The depravity of this man is off the scale and yet he was able to present as a nice looking family man, good job, friends, wife and kids etc. Some of the stuff coming out of this trial is absolutely sickening.

Well that is the prosecution finished giving their evidence. I wonder what on earth the defence will be? How on earth can he explain away the vast amount of evidence against him? I think the defence argument will be that it is all circumstantial evidence which doesn't prove he actually killed her.

The defence could also rip Elaine O'Hara's character to shreds. Given that she offered to help "master" kill women - even her own sister! - I think there could be a lot more uncomfortable stories about this woman from the defence.

A minor point but at one point in the trial it was said she went to the dentist over 40 times in 6 years plus she spent nearly 9000 euro on medications in a year. As well as being into violent sex stuff was she a hypochondriac?

Regardless of her character nobody deserves to be dumped on a mountain like that and she was clearly unstable and was taken advantage of. I feel deeply sorry for her family. It is uncomfortable to hear her disturbed life laid bare in a courtroom but it is all relevant to how she met O'Dwyer so if it leads to a conviction it is worth it.

What interests me is what will come out after this trial. I think this guy could possibly be a serial killer which would explain why the Gardai collected such a huge amount of evidence.

OK so not really a defence case then. 2 farmers who aren't sure if sheep went missing and a woman who saw a woman crying at the cemetery. Closing argument will be what the defence is relying on then I guess?

The fact that the defense put forward someone saying she was crying makes me think that they are going to argue she committed suicide. But to me it just shows how scared and trapped she must have felt. The text messages make horrific reading and the evidence linking Dwyer is very strong.

The thing is, if she committed suicide how can the fact that her body, possessions and car were found at three different locations be explained?

So the defence that had he killed her there would have been lots of stab marks on her bones as GD's document about killing Darci involved multiple stabbings. As there were no stab wounds on the bones of EOH this means he didn't do it!

I can't comment on the case itself because I've found the media coverage of this case so completely off putting that I haven't listened to most of the details. At one stage it was so bad that you had to put children out of the room before the evening news started. The only comment I have at this stage is that I feel very sorry for Elaine's family having to listen to all that.

Jury is back. I am frantically refreshing twitter!

GUILTY!
I shouted out a big yes when I saw the verdict. Thankfully I am not in the office today.

Fantastic! Not sure why there hasnt been much interest in this case here on WS. The details are just horrific. I am relieved he was found guilty

They said on the news that the Gardaí are looking at him in connection with other unsolved cases, wouldn't surprise me if this wasn't his first.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back