1155 users online (238 members and 917 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I didn't have to get it. I live, pay taxes, and vote in a country where my representatives vote on laws regarding identification. Katherine Welch is also a citizen of the same country. She abides by the same laws that I abide by, and goes through the same channels that the rest of us use for various forms of ID and professional licensure. When she says she's Katherine Welch, not connected to Welches in Virginia, and when she says she's not, and never was, Katherine Lyon, I believe that all the ID and paperwork she has used to prove herself in the past backs her up! To say anything else about her is to accuse her of fraud, and at this moment, no one has a reason to do that!

That information will have to be confirmed by Law Enforcement such as the FBI working possibly along with the NCMEC.

Do people really believe these girls are alive?
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

All my posts are my opinion only.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettScarpetta View Post
    See the Thread About "40 Years" and Post #25

I read it. I don't believe it. I think these two have been since a short time after they were taken.
    Atticus Finch: “You never really understand a person . . . until you consider things from his point of view.” To Kill A Mockingbird

I read it. I don't believe it. I think these two have been since a short time after they were taken.
    We are all entitled to our own opinions.
    I think we all agree on that we want the truth to come out about what really happpened.

Quote Originally Posted by simplifymylife2014 View Post
    We are all entitled to our own opinions.
    I think we all agree on that we want the truth to come out about what really happpened.
    We are. That is what I believe happened along with I think most the people on this case. When there is a missing child for nearly 40 years, I don't think you start talking about that child being alive without some kind of real proof.
    I find it cruel and sensational IMO.

I think it's clear they are not.

What were people saying about Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard BEFORE they turned up ALIVE?

It is NOT OVER until it is over.

What were people saying about Elizabeth Smart and Jaycee Dugard BEFORE they turned up ALIVE?

It is not the same. They were not gone for 40 years. The odds when it comes to people kidnapped and seen alive again is overwhelming.

There is nothing that says these girls are alive. Nothing. After 40 years, There most likely would be by now.
    I think that authorities that know more than us and the family seems to accept that these girls are gone.

But it is over. For them. For Sheila and Kate Lyon. It has been for 40 years. Hopefully the pursuit for justice in their case will still continue, though, until their killer or killers are hauled into court and convicted of the crime.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMustardinthestudy View Post
    But it is over. For them. For Sheila and Kate Lyon. It has been for 40 years. Hopefully the pursuit for justice in their case will still continue, though, until their killer or killers are hauled into court and convicted of the crime.
    I respect that you are entitled to your own opinion.

I respect that you are entitled to your own opinion.
    It is not just our opinion though. It is also the opinion of their parents and loved ones. And I think that needs to be honored. I think that saying they are alive or could be and pushing it too far, is tortuous to the family and they are who matter the most.
    Families have been tortured by that kind of craziness in the past.

This has gotten way out of hand on here. It would be great if the Katherine Welch is really Katherine Lyon. I'm not going to rule out the possibility for certain until we find the truth, but at this point based on what all has been said, sadly, I don't think that is her. We don't need to keep arguing and debating this anymore. We will just have to understand and accept whatever happens once we hopefully learn the full story from LE. All that matters at this point is that we find these two girls and can put this case to rest and finally give the family the closure they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigcookie View Post
    This has gotten way out of hand on here. It would be great if the Katherine Welch is really Katherine Lyon. I'm not going to rule out the possibility for certain until we find the truth, but at this point based on what all has been said, sadly, I don't think that is her. We don't need to keep arguing and debating this anymore. We will just have to understand and accept whatever happens once we hopefully learn the full story from LE. All that matters at this point is that we find these two girls and can put this case to rest and finally give the family the closure they deserve.
    It's a message board. People debate. That's what it's for.

I'm hoping they can find the remains. If they are buried on the mountain, though...that's a lot of land to cover.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast