1509 users online (314 members and 1195 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I have always hoped for a resolution one way or the other in this case. I do not wish to debate the issue as to whether or not Sheila and Katherine are alive today. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion and arguing about it will not determine the truth.

There have been some statements made about how, after 40 years, a missing person is not likely alive. Here is a link to a very recent websleuths thread about a girl who went missing from Pennsylvania in July 1975 at the age of 14, and who recently turned up alive. I don't know many of the details and doubt that it is related to the Lyon case, but missing persons DO turn up alive years later on rare occasions.

LINK:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...rg-July-5-1975

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I have always hoped for a resolution one way or the other in this case. I do not wish to debate the issue as to whether or not Sheila and Katherine are alive today. Everyone is welcome to their own opinion and arguing about it will not determine the truth.

There have been some statements made about how, after 40 years, a missing person is not likely alive. Here is a link to a very recent websleuths thread about a girl who went missing from Pennsylvania in July 1975 at the age of 14, and who recently turned up alive. I don't know many of the details and doubt that it is related to the Lyon case, but missing persons DO turn up alive years later on rare occasions.

LINK:

Whoa! That is amazing, if it is as it seems. I must admit to a small amount of skepticism, and I would really like to know more details about this. You would think a case like this would have made the national news by now. Was this treated as a missing persons case in 1975 like the Lyon sisters and given full attention by LE? What is the family backstory on this? Sounds like she was a runaway, and you have to wonder what she was running from and why she never made contact with her family in 40 years. You have to wonder what type of home environment existed. There just does not seem to be a lot of details or media coverage about this case from 1975 or even over the 40 years. That is mysterious in itself. I would be cautious to draw comparisons to the Lyon case, especially as they were younger and from a loving home and a healthy environment. They did not run away.

LINK:

Thank you Richard!!! This is exactly the kind of thing I am talking about!
    Last edited by bessie; 03-26-2015 at 01:15 AM.

LINK:

This girl wasn't abducted by a predator. Different kettle of fish.

Hopefully Time, Honesty and Justice Will Reveal the Truth

When I first saw comments from John Ervin and graycat (here on WS), I have done a lot of research on his statements.

Yes, at this point Dr. KW is saying she is not Katherine Lyon.

She may be correct or she may have been through so much trauma to handle re-living it all.

From my research, there are a lot of unanswered questions and possible links to KW.

This case is very involved and I may leave the unanswered questions and potential links and connections with LE to sort through.

Thanks to everyone for allowing this thread to exist and to consider the POSSIBILITY.

At this point, I don't think I have anything more to say about this topic.

As with graycat, if anyone would like to further the research and unanswered things, you can feel free to message me here on WS.
    Last edited by simplifymylife2014; 03-26-2015 at 03:34 PM.

Katherine-What Kinds of Sports--Fast Runner?

Does anyone know if Katherine enjoyed sports and what was her favorite sport?

Was she very fast at running?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3