1247 users online (200 members and 1047 guests)  

Websleuths News

HI - Daylenn Pua, 17, Kaneohe, 27 Feb 2015

Until today I thought that this 17 year old boy probably fell while attempting to hike up the "Stairway to Heaven" in Kaneohe, HI. But now, today's article in the local paper has put a new spin on his disappearance.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/2...y-man-in-photo

Check out the photo of a man apparently one of the last photos Daylenn took and texted to a family member before he disappeared.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-06-2015 at 03:29 AM. Reason: edit title.
    Richard Castle " There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people: psychopaths and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better."

I've been following the Facebook posts for this and one of the dedicated searchers recently posted something to the effect that he can't make any more updates about the search because the situation has "become complicated," and "this is not my decision."

That sounds to me like there could be foul play suspected? Maybe? However, they are still heavily searching the same area, and just distributed flyers yesterday asking hikers to keep an eye and an ear out, and stating all information up to this point makes them believe that he is between Moanalua and Manana Trail.

Possibly because a body has been found pending identification?
    A hiker found a decomposed human body near the end of Kuliouou road Monday. HPD doesn't suspect foul play.
    https://www.facebook.com/KITV4/photo...806861/?type=1

It would be so sad if that were him, although I imagine the family would just be grateful for closure at this point. Strange though - looks like that road the body was found on is on the opposite side of the island from the H3 tunnel area they've been searching. The update says no sign of foul play though... *shrug*

I'm not seeing a person in those photos, but I am seeing a play on shadows.
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

WebSleuths Lingo thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...bsleuths-Lingo

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

We are the watchers. We are witnesses. We see what has gone before. We see what happens now, at this dangerous moment in human history. We see what's going to happen - what will surely happen - unless we come together: we - the Peoples of all Nations - to restore peace and harmony and balance to the Earth, our Mother.

THE IGNORE BUTTON IS YOUR FRIEND!

I definitely see a person there (a man's head in profile), and i can't usually see things like that when others can but this one? clear as day. I see ears, eyes, hairline... weird.
    When you have more than you need, build a longer table not a higher fence --Unknown

I haven't seen any updates regarding the body they found on the Kuliouou trail. They are still searching for Moke, though. There was just an update to the Facebook group with maps of the area they have covered.

Here's a video tribute to the search, still ongoing. You can see how rugged the terrain is and how thick the jungle canopy.

One year later:

http://www.kitv.com/story/31335241/o...g-island-hiker

On Saturday, family, friends and volunteers walked to the Moanalua Valley Trail entrance to place flowers and lei in honor of Pua. It was an emotional ceremony as they held each other in support. It continued in the pavilion of the Moanalua Valley Park as they gathered to pray...

Some of the volunteers involved in the search last year decided to create a group called "Oahu Search and Rescue." They spread awareness about hiking safety... One of the organization's newest members is Pua's brother Donald.