Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Missing Date: Aug 3, 1982
Age at the time: Between 14 and 17.
Age Now: 39
Missing from FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
NCMEC Case Number: NCMCu400080
Circumstances: On August 3, 1982, this unidentified female died as a result of injuries sustained when she was struck by a tractor-trailer on Interstate 95 in Fort Lauderdale, FL. The decedent is estimated to be between 14 and 17 years of age and had dark blonde or brown hair. She was wearing blue jeans, a dark blue blouse, and brown sandals at the time of her death. The decedent was thought to be a hitchhiker and may have used the name "Donna" during her travels. She was believed to have been in Oklahoma City, OK; Canutillo, TX; and West Monroe, LA prior to her death, and may have been a runaway. The image above is a computer-assisted facial reconstruction created by a forensic artist at the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. Items such as hairstyle and complexion are the artist's estimations to complete the image, and should not be used as significant markers for identification. The "DOB" and "Age Now" fields are approximations.

Click here: National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

wow after all these years and no one has come foward?

Could this girl have come from Texas, Oklahoma, or Louisiana?

---------------------------------------------------
Unidentified White Female
Died as a result from injuries sustained in a tractor-trailer accident on Interstate 95 in Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, Florida on August 3, 1982.
Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 14-17 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'2"; 110 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Straight dark blonde/brown hair and brown eyes. She was large-breasted and slim.
Clothing: She was wearing dark blue jeans; a dark blue blouse; and brown sandals. The victim carried no ID and was not wearing any jewelery.
Other: She may have used the first name "Donna" while traveling.

Case History
This young woman was apparently a hitchhiker; investigation after her death revealed that she had been seen on the Florida coast during the days preceeding her death. In her pockets, she carried three business cards -- from Oklahoma City, Okla., Canutillo, Texas, and West Monroe, La.

Investigators contacted the names on the cards. Two of them were no help. The third, a Louisiana police officer, thought he might have talked to the girl, a runaway, a couple days before she was killed. If it's the same girl, she had a friend or a sister in Las Vegas and a thick Cajun accent.

The victim died from injuries as a result of being hit by a tractor-trailer truck on Interstate 95, near State Road 84 at approximately 2:20 PM on August 3, 1982.

Investigators
If you have any information on the identity of this woman, please contact:
Broward County Medical Examiner's Office
Investigator Bob Keys
954-327-6500
All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.

Agency Case Number: 1982-01111

Source Information:
Wesley Neville: Forensic Artist
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
The Doe Network: Case File 13UFFL

Link:
http://www.doenetwork.us/cases/13uffl.html

A little tall, but maybe a typo?

Wendy Lynn Huggy Missing since 7 April 1982 from Clearwater, Florida

[size=+1]WENDY LYNN HUGGY[/size]

Case Type: Lost, Injured, Missing
DOB: Jul 21, 1965
Missing Date: Apr 7, 1982
Sex: Female
Race: White
Age at time: 17
Height: 5'9" (175 cm)
Weight: 110 lbs (50 kg)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Missing from: CLEARWATER, Florida, USA
Case Number: NCMC601962
Circumstances: Wendy was last seen on April 7, 1982 when she left from a relative's home to spend the day at the beach with some friends. Wendy was due to return home later that same night but she did not and she has not been seen or heard from since. She has a circular scar in the middle of her left thigh. Wendy may use the alias last name of Freeman.

http://www3.fdle.state.fl.us/mcicse...D=4792&case_nbr=

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

same height/weight/and age that they aproximated with.

also facial structure very simular.

I did a search missing 1980-82 and 5'0-5'4 100-130 lbs, brown eyes.
It only came up with 6 results including the jane doe for this thread.
Also this girl was from North Dakota, was never great at geography but I think that is in the general area of Oklahoma.

The other 4 are
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

The above one also is a maybe, she was from Miami and was leaving the state for PA when she disapeared, she may have been hitchiking around the country and was headed toward home. Ft Lauderdale is only about 20 miles from Miami ( I do know this because I live in florida, don't need geography for that one ;) )

she had a friend or a sister in Las Vegas and a thick Cajun accent.

What's a Cajun accent? I spent a year in Louisiana and none of the people I met who identified themselves as Cajuns had a noticeable accent unless one considers the Texan accent people who live in the western parts of the state speak with as "Cajun"? I was told they only have a typical accent when they speak French because they don't speak the same kind of French that other French-Americans do, which is basically French-Canadian. In any case, all Cajuns I met spoke with the same very vaguely southern drawl or Texas twang (in the west) other white people from that sate speak with. I guess one has to be from Louisiana to be able to tell a Cajun accent. I mean jeez, Paulie Perette (Abbie on NCIS) is a Cajun, she don't sound exotic to me.
:waitasec:

Perhaps this girl's accent was actually French-Canadian? Would perhaps explain why she hasn't been identified yet? Back then missing persons databases from the US and Canada were probably not as fully integrated as they are today. Canadian runaway kid ending up in the US is quite common, and they blend in easily. You can't get welfare when you're a kid therefore a Canadian runaway would use the same more or less anonymous services as any runaway from the US and if they don't tell anyone they're from Canada no one will know. Maybe someone in Vegas noticed this Doe had an accent (French-Canadian) and she, not wanting anyone to know she was from Canada, pretended her accent was from Louisiana?

What's a Cajun accent? I spent a year in Louisiana and none of the people I met who identified themselves as Cajuns had a noticeable accent unless one considers the Texan accent people who live in the western parts of the state speak with as "Cajun"? I was told they only have a typical accent when they speak French because they don't speak the same kind of French that other French-Americans do, which is basically French-Canadian. In any case, all Cajuns I met spoke with the same very vaguely southern drawl or Texas twang (in the west) other white people from that sate speak with. I guess one has to be from Louisiana to be able to tell a Cajun accent. I mean jeez, Paulie Perette (Abbie on NCIS) is a Cajun, she don't sound exotic to me.
:waitasec:

Perhaps this girl's accent was actually French-Canadian? Would perhaps explain why she hasn't been identified yet? Back then missing persons databases from the US and Canada were probably not as fully integrated as they are today. Canadian runaway kid ending up in the US is quite common, and they blend in easily. You can't get welfare when you're a kid therefore a Canadian runaway would use the same more or less anonymous services as any runaway from the US and if they don't tell anyone they're from Canada no one will know. Maybe someone in Vegas noticed this Doe had an accent (French-Canadian) and she, not wanting anyone to know she was from Canada, pretended her accent was from Louisiana?

There is a distinct Cajun accent from the Louisiana Bayou. It is mixture of a dialect and accent which is undeniably what we call "Cajun". It certainly isn't French-Canadian or French-American nor does it sound a thing like a normal southern drawl...it is definitely and decidedly Cajun! No one else speaks quite like they do. If the officer was from Louisiana and he claimed it to be a thick cajun accent...I would believe him.

I find it very interesting you were there for a year and didn't run across it. Amazing!

Sleuthster~ North Dakota is a LONG, LONG way from Oklahoma!

There is a distinct Cajun accent from the Louisiana Bayou. It is mixture of a dialect and accent which is undeniably what we call "Cajun". It certainly isn't French-Canadian or French-American nor does it sound a thing like a normal southern drawl...it is definitely and decidedly Cajun! No one else speaks quite like they do. If the officer was from Louisiana and he claimed it to be a thick cajun accent...I would believe him.

I find it very interesting you were there for a year and didn't run across it. Amazing!

I'm not too good at telling where accents are from unless they are widespread accents such as Yankee twang from New England, generic southern accent Texas accent, etc., but one thing I noticed in Louisiana is the further south you go the less southern people sound! I noticed that while people from New Orleans, at least white people, use southern terms like "y'all" even when speaking to a single person they don't have a southern accent, in fact they could be from New Jersey lol. Southern accent was more common in the northern parts of the state though. I didn't go south of New Orleans unfortunately so I guess I missed the bayou area accent. Near Shreveport where I lived there were a lot of people with French surnames but these usually spoke with an accent that was definitively Texan-inspired and the same as those with English names but these people all shared something I found prevalent in Louisiana, that is the tendency to pronounce words and names of French origin closer to what I assume is the correct French pronunciation, something that does not happen in New England. For example names ending in "ier" were pronounced "ee-ay" down there while up here it's almost always "eer", and Champagne didn't become "shampain" like here, it remained something like "Shompahgn". I noticed this in northeastern Texas as well where there seem to be many people of French descent, starting with Ross Perot lol. I'm sure "Perot" would have become "Parrot" up here but it retained the French pronunciation "Perow" down there. It's hard to imagine banners with "Parrot for President" :D

So then there is a Cajun accent in English as well as French. Now what would be useful to know is if the person who met the girl in Vegas could actually tell this accent or was simply told by the girl that it was a Cajun accent. If she really was from Louisiana, it is indeed difficult to understand why she hasn't been identified yet.

you know I am not certain if anyone can find information or not but there was a girl named Donna Martin I believe that ranaway from some place in LA. I caught it when I was watching the new detectives or something like that

I am from Louisiana and some of the people do have a major accent some do not, I have been told by people that arent from here that I have it lol.

This is my first post here so hope it I do this right. I wonder why the policeman gave her his card. Was she a witness to a crime or maybe a victim. If he knew she was a runaway why was she allowed to stay on the run.

13UFFL2.jpg
13UFFL3.jpg
13UFFL1.jpg
13UFFL4.jpg

Her lipline is the same in all the sketches and seems to be very distinctive. that should help if we can find a missing report.
Also, I wonder why the one sketch has her makeup so heavy. They don't normally do that, as it obscures the features rather than highlighting them.
Is there some indication she was dancing or prostituting herself, something where more people would have seen her with her makeup on than off?
What were the first two business cards? (I know, it doesn't say. Still.)
If she was in LA and 2 days later she was in FL, I'm betting truckers. Have they been questioned, have the truck stops been plastered with fliers?

And that's just off the top of my head, off to see if I can find some info on her.

EDIT: no longer listed on NCMEC. Dead link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back