1214 users online (206 members and 1008 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

CA - John Scialabba, 23, Mountain View, 26 Feb 2001

I just wondered if John Robert Scialabba has been mentioned? He was listed as taller than 'lyle' BUT i think they look alike and he has an appendix scar...

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/4705dmca.html

He probs has been ruled out but he's not on ruleouts on namus.http://www.missingin.org/images/missing/NAT_25517_1.jpg
    I don't claim to be anything i'm not, a novice with an interest willing to help. God bless the missing and their families waiting for answers.

I was just looking at him today and thought he really reminded me of Lyle. There is no DNA sample yet available for John Scialabba.

rae100 is offline Verified in Medical Sciences and Facial Shape Analysis
    WOW! Look at this photo of Scialabba. He is very tanned here, but I think his features are remarkably similar. And a lot of the specifics match up. http://www.missingin.org/reg9763/joh..._scialabba.htm

NAT_25517_1.jpg

Scialabba isn't listed in NAMUS and there really isn't much on him out there. I read something that is is believed he jumped from a bridge, and other reports that he told his sister he needed some time alone. There are no witness reports of him actually entering the water.

Does anyone have any more info on the scialabba case? I need better photos, but the resemblance is remarkable.

This isn't necessarily a "better" photo but shows him from a slightly different angle. I think he looks less like "Lyle" in this one.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...abba_john.html

Quote Originally Posted by annemc2 View Post
    This isn't necessarily a "better" photo but shows him from a slightly different angle. I think he looks less like "Lyle" in this one.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...abba_john.html
    Yeah I agree, that photo doesn't look like Lyle at all. It's so funny how angles in photos matter so much. Because our brain so badly wants to make a match, you can start to see things that aren't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Equestrianista View Post

Thank you!! Couldn't find him.

Quote Originally Posted by rae100 View Post
    Yeah I agree, that photo doesn't look like Lyle at all. It's so funny how angles in photos matter so much. Because our brain so badly wants to make a match, you can start to see things that aren't there.
    So true! That's why I don't trust myself to make UID matches. I usually only see similarities!

I did submit this as a possible match to NAMUS but I never heard back, probably because JRS doesn't have DNA in the system it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by rae100 View Post
    I did submit this as a possible match to NAMUS but I never heard back, probably because JRS doesn't have DNA in the system it looks like.
    He does have fingerprints avaliable elsewhere though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Why does John Robert Scialabba not come up when I search for him under missing persons of California on the California DOJ website?

When will we hear back if JRS is excluded (or is actually Lyle)? I think there are too many eerie similarities between these two to overlook. Hasn't it been a year since he was submitted??

Quote Originally Posted by Brlane1981 View Post
    When will we hear back if JRS is excluded (or is actually Lyle)? I think there are too many eerie similarities between these two to overlook. Hasn't it been a year since he was submitted??
    I agree. There has got to be a faster way to get an answer. I'm new to this site so just learning but can we forward info directly to the detective working the John Scialabba case? I'm from the SF Bay area so his home location is not far from me. I'd love to help any way I can to confirm or eliminate John.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker2437 View Post
    I agree. There has got to be a faster way to get an answer. I'm new to this site so just learning but can we forward info directly to the detective working the John Scialabba case? I'm from the SF Bay area so his home location is not far from me. I'd love to help any way I can to confirm or eliminate John.
    They may be able to answer this question on Reddit. There is a subreddit for Lyle where you'll get a faster response. I've tried to sign up on reddit, but have never been able to create a username for some reason. The mods there seem much more interested than on websluths.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast